You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Back And Forth Through The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Back And Forth Through The Hallway

 

The is my first post here on this site.

My name is Dan, and I am 18 years old. My story begins with me home alone on a Wednesday night. My parents usually go out so I'm used to being home alone.

I remember I was watching TV when I heard the distinct sounds of someone walking through the hallway upstairs (I was in my basement at the time). I literally stopped breathing when I heard them, because I would have heard if my parents had come home, and besides they just left. I have no pets either so could not account for the footsteps.

I turned off the television, and slowly walked upstairs. At this point there was still someone there. It was as if someone was walking back and forth through the hallway. As I reached the top of the basement steps, I quickly jumped out to see if anyone was there. There was no one there. But I stopped again, because the hallway was very cold I had been up there a while ago and it was warm.

I believe in ghosts, so I immediately jumped to that conclusion. I was really freaked, so I went back downstairs, and as soon as I lay back on the couch, I heard them again, but this time I stayed lying on the couch, turned up the volume on the television. Eventually they stopped, and I was relieved.

Other hauntings by Dantheman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dantheman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Darn, this is the second time in a row in the last 5 minutes I've read a story that has personally freaked me out, especially since Lady Gaga (I named whatever is in the house that, to make it less terrifying) is being active in my hallway right now.

I find that throwing a pinch of rock salt over my shoulder calms me down. 😭
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
Try sprinkling Catholic Holy water around - it will help. God bless. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Boston (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
What you did was brave, but for future reference, when hearing unaccounted footsteps it's not always a ghost. Be ready to defend yourself and be careful.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Dantheman-Sorry your parents can't relate. I know the feeling, but that's why this site is available. Keep us posted and good luck. 😊
God Bless,
Byluyster
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Thank you BYLUYSTER. I know its not my imagination. I can't talk to my parents though, because they never beleived that kind of stuff. And to answer your question scarlytt, its my way of dealing with it. But it did freak me out.
Scarlytt (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Dude I would have completely freaked out! How did you just go back downstairs and ignore it?:O ❤
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Dantheman-Sounds like the person who died in the house could have some bearing on what's going on. But don't be surprised that it won't go away. Maybe if you tell it to go to the light, it will leave, but remember that not all spirits know how to do that. They get lost and can't find their way. Maybe someone was sick and this spirit is reliving a horrible ordeal of pacing while someone they cared about is sick or dying. Could be a lot of things. I don't believe it's your imagination. Talk to your parents.
God Bless,
Byluyster
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Actually, I did some reaserch and yes someone did die in the house. Along time ago. I didn't find a name or anything but I did learn thst somone did die here.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Is this the first encounter? Have you heard anything or felt anything again?

Kinda trailing off BYLUYSTER; not just did someone die in the house, but do you know anything about the land?
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Dantheman--If you've read my Scary New Beginnings series, you know I know exactly what you heard. But to explain it may take some research on your part... Did someone die in the house, of what causes if so, or are you feeling anxious about something. What you heard could be a spirit showing worry and how they cope. Regardless, talk to your parents, they may have heard something too.
God Bless
Byluyster
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Hehehe, probably I would have done the same thing!, covering up with some blankets, not getting out of the basement until someone else is at home 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: