You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma's Rocking Chair

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's Rocking Chair

 

In the old house where my mom grew up across the road that we lived on, there is a rocking chair on front porch. My grandmother, as I'm told, used to love to sit and wait for my mom and uncle to come home from school. I loved to walk to the old house and explore in it.

One day I decided to play on the porch. It was a nice day, no wind whatsoever blowing. As I got to the edge of our lawn and was about ready to cross, I noticed the rocking chair was rocking very gently as if someone had just sat down on it. As I walked into the middle of the road it started rocking a little faster. I was not scared at that time, more curios than anything, so I stopped and said, "Grandma if that's you can you rock a bit faster"? The chair rocked a little faster. I walked closer... The chair started rocking faster and faster and faster...

Now I wasn't exactly afraid, in a weird way I was happy. Then I said, "Grandma do you want to tell me something or do you need something"? The chair tipped over and something wrapped up in a piece of paper fell to the floor... I picked it up and unwrapped the paper only to reveal a locket.

I ran home and pried the locket open and there was a picture of my grandmother when she was my age...

Can someone help me find out what she was trying to tell me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, raja1020, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
WOW! This story is awesomerefick! Lol

I thinks she just wanted you to have the locket. Like for you to remember her by. Do you still have it?
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
I didn't see th locket until the chir tipped over so I'm thinking it must have been on the chair
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Nice one! But the last part of it, made me curious too - Where did the locket fall from? 😕
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
where did the locket/paper fall from? Out of the sky? Was it stuck on the chair? A beam of some sort?

Just curious
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
THnaks every one
More strange stuff has been happeining
Will write about it
Watch for it!
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
bour grandma wants you to know shes ok and wants you to know more about her that is what the locket is for she also wants you to remember her
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Aww that's sweet; she wanted you to remember her. That's a very sweet story. I hope you keep the locket.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
I agree with ghostwhisperer, she just wanted you to have the locket and probably wasn't sure how else to get it to you. Has anything happened while you have been at that house since then?
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Thanks GW I just want to make sure that its not something I should worry about. Curious to hear what other people have to say,though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: