You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hell House

Real Ghost Stories

The Hell House

 

It's been a while since I've posted one of our experiences on here, and we've had quite a few, but I'm going to share with you one of our most horrifying experiences yet.

It was mid November of last year when our lead investigator in training Josh gave me a call. He told me that he had a place we could check out. His grandfather owns this house which he calls The Hell House. He calls it that because he says it's not just a normal haunting, but it's something demonic. Josh told me that reports would range from his grandfather seeing people in the house disappearing, including his recently deceased wife, who he would see with another man. Things moving around in other rooms, shadows darting in and out of doorways, and even one time he sat a cup of coffee on his coffee table and it actually started to boil on the table.

Well, we got the OK to stay the night there. We had no power because Josh's grandfather refused to stay in the place, so we had nothing but flashlights. Well, we got to the house at about 11:30 that night. From what Josh's grandfather had told us, he said nothing would happen until 1:00 a.m. And we found out the hard way that he wasn't kidding. Well, we just goofed off and stuff for a while until the time neared 1 a.m. We could slowly but surely start to see our breath as it got closer to 1 a.m. So we thought that was fairly weird. Josh had brought his laptop, so he stayed in the backroom and was messing around with it while Sean and I walked around the house and explored.

This was a fairly large house. Sean and I were on the other end, opposite Josh, and next thing we know, Josh is yelling at us, what are you guys doing in there? We walked back out into the hallway and replied. We're just looking around in these rooms. Are you both back there? Josh yelled back. Yeah man. Sean replied. Next thing I know, Josh is yelling at us to get in there. Well, he told us that in the room next to the room he was in, he heard what sounded like someone knocking on the wall, and he thought it was one of us. Well, that got us excited, so we decided to start investigating. So, we go the living room and we sit down. Sean and Josh sat down on the couch, and I sat down in Josh's grandfather's recliner opposite side of the room. We had all of the lights out, so I decided to take a few pictures with my digital camera. SO I took a few behind me and down the hallway and stuff.

Josh tells me to take a picture of them on the couch because he felt like something was near him. So I move my camera to where it's looking at them. Sean had an audio recorder, so it had a red light on the end of it and the camera picked up the red light. Well, up above Josh's head, there were two more red lights... It looked like eyes, as if some kind of animal or something was sitting on the top of the couch directly above his head. I told them about it and Josh yelled at me to take the picture, so I press the button down and my camera dies. I quickly replaced the batteries and I look back through the camera at them. This time there weren't just two red dots above his head, there were several. So I snapped a picture really fast.

Everything went dark after the camera flashed. Dang, that was bright wasn't it Josh? Sean asked. There was no reply. I turned on my flashlight and shined it at him. He had the hood of his jacket pulled down over his face to where you couldn't see his eyes, and he was breathing heavily. I ran over there and stood over him. Josh, what are you doing man? I asked in a worried tone. He started breathing really weird at this point. What do we do!? Sean asked. SO I figured the best thing we could do was pray, because I was positive he was being possessed. Pray! I yelled as I slammed my hand onto his forehead, Sean joined me and we started to pray for him. Well, in the middle of my prayer, I suddenly got this sensation which I can only explain as feeling like someone was pressing a million needles into my head. I prayed until I couldn't stand the feeling anymore, so I let go. "I've got to get the **** out of here~!" I yelled as I grabbed my head.

I remember pacing back and forth. What's wrong? Sean asked as he kept his hand on Josh's head. My head, my head! I replied. I ran for the door and flung it open. I kind of remember saying, we need to get his grandfather. But it's all a blur in my head from that point. This is where it gets weird. I remember walking out onto the porch, one step onto the porch before Josh said, It's Ok, come here... So I turned right around and walked back inside.

Well, when we were talking about the experience after it had happened, Sean gave me a grim look and he said I walked out onto the porch and paced back and forth for a good five minutes. I only remember walking out, and then walking back in. We got Josh some water, and we asked him what had happened. He told us he closed his eyes to avoid being blinded by the flash of the camera, and when he did, he couldn't open them. Then he told us that he saw his deceased grandmother, standing in front of him, in the room with us, and she said. Josh honey, you kid's need to leave. And then he said once I stood up and started walking towards him, the voice turned deep and more demanding. Leave now! It yelled.

I actually looked at the picture and I zoomed in on Josh, and right to his right side, exactly where I had stepped to start praying for him, there was a very, very distinct orb. Stranger from every orb I've ever seen. So I figured, this thing was trying to possess my friend, and once I stepped in the way, part of that started to mess with me, giving me the needles in my head sensation. We thought it was weird that Sean hadn't felt anything weird from it.

Well, it turns out when my sister heard we were going to a house with demonic activity, she gave us a few cross necklaces. Both of which Sean had in his hands during the whole event. So we walked through the house one last time and we started saying prayers over each room. We could actually feel the coldness retreating away from us as we said each one. We packed up and left for the night. We're hoping to try and stay again one night.

Neither Josh nor I wanted to stay much longer after the incident.

Other hauntings by Kevan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kevan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
flyclarinet - your comment about demons' eyes made me smile. Me? I wouldn't dream of trying to stereotype a demon because just as soon as I did, one with black eyes would show up just to show me how wrong I am 😆

I'm not making fun of you because you could be right and I could be wrong. I just don't think you can put a "label" on a demon.
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
If the above experiences are true, I wouldn't take a second chance to go back for investigation. It's easy to underestimate the potential of ghost or demon. Suggest you to stay away from it.

If someone wants to live these, then its different story.

I had 1 demonic experience and I chose to stay away (even though I can challenge it) and vacated my apartment considering the safety of my family.
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
I know I'm pretty late with my posts, 4 years according to my comp, but stereotypically demons appear to have red eyes.
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Very interesting. I would love to visit the house. Call me crazy for saying that if you will, but it's the truth. Where in Alabama is this? I'm in the north eastern area.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Hi Kevan, no offense but I'm a bit skeptical with your tactics as well. They could be true or fake, I don't know but making assumptions on red lights above Josh? Are you really a professional? Don't mind me but you and your friend don't sound professional. If you knew you'd be dealing with the paranormal you should be prepared. I'm not to judge but, I would rather be safe then sorry working with the unknown. Even thou I hate science I know static stuff or whatever aren't always ghosts walking around doing what they do.
fernowky (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
if I see you in my life never make me go in that house its so freaky I'm scared to even think about it. 😨
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
kevan very interesting it may be deamonic if it appeared as the grandmother demons will do anything to get your attention, I deffinatley woluld take a demonalgist with you if you go back. They would be able to let you know more of what you are dealing with and to get rid of it or at least help to protect you. Be carefull and may god be with you if you back there alone ❤
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Hey Kevan, I'd be more than happy to fly down and check the place for myself when I get the chance. Got an address for the place? Or is the place going to be demolished before I can get down there... Or better yet burned down like so many before it.

And why wouldn't you want to check for the creaking floor boards, something that could be causing electricity (for instance a copper wire partially exposed rubbing on something and creating a static charge. Makes sense to know what the surrounding causes of ambient noise would be. Or is everything paranormal to you? Houses creak and groan all the time from temperature changes. And oh... You might never explained what the temperature was like OUTSIDE the house when you ran out. If it was cold out there too...

How are you so sure there was no power? Are you an electrician? I am. And I've seen some interesting non-paranormal stuff in my day. Heat, friction, pressure... All create electricity. Of course... You being a professional, you already knew that. You've done your homework, right?

Your whole lack of evidence lends me to the belief of this whole story being a little too "convenient".

Praying? Seriously? Is that the cure for everything? Come on dude, live life on the edge. What happens when it doesn't work? Run? Leave your buddy behind? Kill him? Carry him out and perform an exorcism? Take him to a professional?

I'd like to know your qualifications as a professional, if any. 3 days, 3 months, 3 years, or 3 decades don't matter if you're not finding out the facts. You assumed those little dots to be demons, what was that based on? Or did you just decide that since you couldn't explain it that it MUST be demons? Have you even researched demons before? What kind of demon appears like that?

The way you describe this doesn't feel so much like an account of something that happened as much as a story that is very entertaining, but lends no creditability. Audio recordings, pictures, video... Something to back up what you said. But of course... "conveniently" you can't produce the evidence.

Also strikes me odd that you don't have people from different religions helping in your studies/research/investigations given each religion believes different things about spirits/demons/entities.

So as I've done before, I'll give benefit of the doubt.

You never gave anything in my opinion that felt conclusive. The knocking? What was it? Did you go to the doctor after you finished to see if you had experienced something that a doctor could explain? Have you had other people go in? Have you researched that property? Why would the "demons' pick THAT house? Was there something special there that happened?

>Smoke<
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Kevan, FYI, I am not a "dude", I am a female, or a woman as one might say (respectfully, anyway.) If you took offense to my opinion, I'm sorry, but I think I have a right to express it without being disrespected.

I'm not trying to change your tactics, as I mentioned by saying "I'm not one to boss people around." I don't care how long you've been conducting investigations to be honest with you. You can do something wrong for 10 years and that doesn't make you a professional just because you've done it that way for that long. Irregardless, I got about halfway through this story and lost my belief in its credibility once you introduced your demon theory simply because there appeared to be small red lights like eyes above your friend. I think that's rather presumptuous of you, but hey, again, my opinion.

I have no trouble believing that there are spirits in that residence or that you came in contact with them. I have trouble believing that they're demons. I respect religions and their varying differences, but if you're a seasoned paranormal investigator like you say, I would think that you would focus a bit more on the scientific aspect with an unbiased point of view.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
No harm in returning to the scene of the "crime", right?
I am thinking I would set up a camera in that particular room, (where the activity seems to have originated) perhaps a voice recorder and just leave it. No sense in "tempting the fates" for a second go.
Very interesting...
What is your conclusion?
Thank you.
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
to vox, the part in your comment where it starts talking about heating/electrical problems was meant for someone else, I got the two comments mixed over, so your's end when I'm talking about spirits with malicious intent
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
to blackkitty- We don't think it was his grandmothers actual spirit, we think it was one of the evil spirits in the house taking form of his grandmother to mess with Josh and his families minds.

To vox- I haven't really brushed up on my Greek. So when I hear the word demon, I imagine an evil spirit, not an actual creature, just an evil spirit with malicious intent. You talked about heating/electrical problems, did you happen to read the part of the story that said the place had no power? If you want, you can hop a plane, come down here, and we'll let you stay in the house alone, and you can let us know how that goes.

To whitebuffalo- Hey, how's it been? We haven't been back to Sloss yet, but we're hoping to go within the next month or so. Josh didn't have wireless internet over there, he was working on a term paper for one of his college classes. And I agree. It would have been a good idea to snap pictures around the place and hold a small investigation before 1 a.m. Take care.

To Deviousangel- Look dude, I've been holding investigations for 3 years, don't try and change my tactics. Each paranormal investigator takes a different approach, so just because you say what you "think" is right, doesn't make it right. You mentioned that we should check for heating/electrical problems, did you happen to read the part of the story that said the place had NO POWER? If I wanted to write some made up story, I'd go to a fanfiction website, whatever I put on this site has actually happened. And if you still don't believe me, you can hop a plane down here and we'll let you stay in the house alone, and you can let us know how that goes.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
nickideums--ah, with the burning stuff again. Let me ask you, is it your first instinct to burn a bear because you think it will attack you?

Kevan--I have a few difficulties with your story (which is what I think this is.) Firstly, every investigative team should be doing just that: investigating. Looking for sources of various things, like creaky floorboards and heating/electrical problems that might contribute to atmospheric anomalies. Also, you should have been carrying equipment or even a log and a thermometer to record the severe temperature drop that you allege occurred, if nothing else, in the interest of scientific evidence. Last but definitely not least, you should not allow your religious beliefs to taint your scientific evidence. If you were a scientific investigating team, your belief in demons and prayers would have nothing to do with this investigation outside of personal protection (such as wearing a crucifix or saying a mental prayer if you're scared, which you shouldn't be conducting investigations if you're scared.) Unfortunately it's very difficult for science and religion to go hand in hand, but if you're doing a spiritual investigation you should probably stick to the scientific side in order to debunk events before assuming they're spiritual.

I'm not one to boss people around but if you want to be taken seriously as an investigator you should probably do a bit more research on how to conduct investigations.

Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Hello again, Kevan. How have you been?
Been back to the Furnaces yet?

Excellent that there was no Power. That cut down on any of the theories that perhaps electrical disturbances were a contributing factor.
I HAVE to ask.
Josh was checking things out on his laptop (convenient little things, aren't they?)...
Internet?
Wireless connection?
How far away is that tower?

During all of the dead time, you were NOT investigating? Shooting off pictures, working on voice recordings, video recording the atmosphere? Just hanging out and WAITING for the one o'clock hour?
Pity.
It would be interesting to know if the alleged demon would have been captured on tape at it's entrance, as well as it's departure. If you could have pin pointed "his" exact point of entry...

😉 Thank you.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I'm constantly amused by this macabre fascination with "demons". Seriously, what is the motivation for some supposed minions of the underworld to occupy some old house, and threaten people who come inside it? Like they would have nothing better to do?

When people get frightened, they usually flee to the safer psychic environs of their own faith - whatever that faith may be. Is it possible that you just had an encounter with things you don't understand, got freaked out, and turned it into a "Jesus vs. Demon" thing to protect your own psyche? Consider the possibility.

Also know that "demons" are of Greek origin, and weren't "evil" at all. That all came later with early Christian belief.
BlackKitty7 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Burning the house... Would burning the house destroy Josh's grandmother spirit also? It would be great if someone would be able to help his grandma cross over... Now she is trapped in that hell house with all those deamons... Well... Just a thought.

Oh, by the way. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
alright scarlytt, it was nice to "meet" you as well lol. I'll definatly let you know what I think of your story. Goodnight. Take care
Scarlytt (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
haha wish I was that brave! Anyways sugah you take care of yourself you hear I'm going to grab some sleep if I can get to sleep now that is! Tee hee just kidding its been awesome "meeting" you and reading some of the stuff you do ill deffo let you know when my 1st "story" has been put up I'm waiting for it to be checked by the site so hopefully soon:P
Peace and Love to You and Yours
Scarlytt
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
We live for that kind of stuff scarlytt. We usually end up running towards things we see lol
Scarlytt (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
wow I jus read the "story" you put up about the lantern and miners or possible miners reminded me of the steven king book Desperation with the china pit and that *sudders* I have read all sorts of stuff before but that really made the hairs on my neck stand up I seriously don't know how you go looking for "trouble" I have a hard enough time dealing with it when it comes to me! Haha
Peace and Love to You and Yours
Scarlytt
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
to scarlytt again- Sure, I'd be glad to read your story and help you figure out what going on, when it gets posted, let me know which one it is.

To nickideums- His grandfather has talked about burning it down before, the only problem with doing that is that the house is surrounded by woods and there are other houses near these woods, we wouldn't want to take the chance of burning someones elses house down.
Scarlytt (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Hee Hee on a more serious note Kevan I'm wondering if you could help me. As long as I can remember I have had weird expiriences (Im sorry for bad spelling:P) I have only found this site today and have loooads of "storys" to tell but the one I have posted that will hopefully be up in the next couple of days I would love to know what you think I have no idea if I was attacked by a spirit a demon what but what scared me most is the fact it hurt me pysically it left me bruises! I didn't know that could happen anyways I would really really apprieciate it if you could read my "story" when it goes up and tell me what you think once you know the full senario you seem too know quite a lot about all this:P thanks alot
Peace and Love to You and Yours
Scarlytt
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
to Moonlight- Thanks so much, I'm glad I gave you the novel effect. And I will definatly post what happens next time we go. Take care.
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Ok, First you tell a great story, I thought I was reading a novel. I bet it was an expericne, and scary at that, if you go back please, I would love to hear what happens again. ❤
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
to jesusfreak- I'll try and find the pictures to put up, you take care as well.

To dreamergal- Yeah, we've talked about praying before going back in. I actually just recently found out that they've had a exorcism in the house before, but it just made the spirits angrier.

To flamewithin- Nobody really knows the history of the house or the property, and apparently they were having these haunting's whilst the grandmother was still alive.

To scarlytt- lol, we love going into old scary places, it's cool. Thanks for commenting
Scarlytt (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
*pulls quilt cover over head and shakes* That is seriously scary stuff man no way would you get me back in there:S braver then me you guys seriously:S
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
personaly I wouldn't take that kind of chance. You were lucky before yo may not be on another trip there. I do have a couple of questions thow. Did the grandpa live there before his wife died? And if so was their any activity before her death? Or did it all start after she died? Have you done any research into the history of the property? Or the house? Thank you for any reply. Be careful when or if you do return there it sounded like it meant to poses you or harm you
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
sound like a interest plans and just becarefully and praying first before ya'll go in and go back too.
jesusfreak777 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Love to see the pictures. That would be awesome. Try and look for them. Just remember to keep God on your side when ever you are dealing with demonic entity's. Take care friend.

Bless you, Brandon
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
to Katona- If we do get to go back to the place again I will definatly write again.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: