You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Encounters

 

Since young, I can see those spiritual things. But this is the first time that it freaks me out that much.

It's around 2 years ago when I am in Osaka. I share a bedroom with my cousin. We were given a room at the corner of the corridor as it is the last room left in the whole hotel.

Normally, when I go in, I would knock the door, or press the door bell to make an announcement of my arrival as I believe that, someone is living in another dimension in that room. After doing such routines, I opened the door, and stepped into the room with my cousin.

The room's structure is:

On my left, is the toilet, cupboard in the right? After the cupboard, there is a luggage rack, followed by a TV, a dressing table with a mirror. In front of the TV, there is a bed. Beside the bed is a sofa.

The first thing I did when I entered the room was to put the luggage on the luggage rack, and put my shoe out in front of the luggage rack. Then I left to the toilet. By the time, I came out of the toilet; the shoe is not longer in front of the rack. Instead, it is beside the rack. Seeing this, I ignored it, thinking that it is a normal prank by those "friends". Thinking that, I left the room and went shopping with my cousin and some other friends.

At night, when I return with my cousin, I went bathing and after bathing, I thought of wearing the bathrobe that the hotel provides for us. But upon opening the door of the cupboard, it gave me a big shock. A "friend" is hanging on the hanger and asking what do I want. Seeing this, I stepped back in shocked. This is the first time I have encountered something like this. Immediately, I closed the door and on the TV to give me some security.

Soon, it's time for bed. My cousin on a small light in the room, and we both went to sleep. After sometime, I heard a sizzling sound in my room, like someone touching a plastic bag. Hearing that, I on the light and looked around. But there is no one there. But by the time, I turned my head to see the mirror, I was shocked. A lady, with a shoulder lengthen hair is sitting in front of the mirror, combing her hair. I cannot see clearly her complexions. But I can tell that she is crying.

Seeing that, I woke up my cousin and I left the room and made our way to the lobby, hoping that we could change the room. But, the receptionist refused to change for us. So we had no choice but to stay in the lobby until the day comes.

In the morning, I asked one of them to accompany us up the room to get our luggage. When we arrived in the room, the phone rang. I picked up the phone, thinking it is just the receptionist calling. Instead it is a lady's voice. It spoke: "Why didn't you returned to the room last night. Don't you know that I am waiting for you?"

Hearing this, it send chill down my spine. We quickly packed out things, and left the room, without turning back. But before we left, I had a glance at the socket. To my surprise, the plug is not plugged in at all. Meaning, last night, the TV is not supposed to be on at all. What were we watching last night?

Recalling this, made me feeling that the lady is watching me somewhere and crying as well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princessgss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
i would freak out going back and the phone ringing. Ghost talking to me and was waiting for me too? Shiat I be outta there I had ghost experiences but nothing like you had.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
I really don't understand but why is Japan/western ghost/worlds almost the same? If you can expanin it let me know...
Thanks...
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Regarding the knocking/doorbell
Why respect someone who is staying in the room after their rental period is over? After they stop paying ren... They should have left already, so they have no right to be there when it is your room, ghost or no ghost.

Get my point? Tell them to scram, skid addle. The nerve of that ghost saying "what do you want?" You should have said, "what do you think I want?" "you are in my closet." "Go hang out in your own closet, rude ghost person!"

Ghosts today have no sense.
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
naze shimasen deshiata anata iimasu arumono to her the first time? I am not trying to be mean honestly but, normally aru hito would iitai koto donata desu ka. Itte kudasai dewa kanojo no. Ki o tsukete!

P.S-my mom was being kind of nosy so I wrote in romaji. She doesn't understand japanese.;p ❤
melay04virgo (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
well if I was the one there I can't sleep not knowing what hell it can bring to me. Every time I suspects that there's something in a place it makes me feel secure to stay awake.
princessgss (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
No problem... 😊

I think different people have different way of interacting with those things.

Like some of my friends, they can even smell their presence. So yeah...

It's my honour to answer^^
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
Well, then. I think it should be interesting to SEE if there is a connection BETWEEN the two apparitions. It is "interesting" that one be a FULL body, and the other be WISPish, but not unthinkable. Are records kept THERE that MAY show who they may have been?

"Normally for us, people who can see, we receive by our ears... But actually, it is to our mind... We can hear it... But normally people who dun have the ability will not hear it... AT ALL..."

I have to say...
I FEEL the communication before I HEAR any of it. I SENSE the words and the meanings/emotion behind them, and THEN the words follow. UNLESS I interrupt, and answer the words BEFORE they become verbalized.
The "anxious" ones seem to place themselves directly next to my right ear, and the ones that are leery talk to my mind, and tend not to stand overly close.

Honestly, thank you for the honor of answering my questions, and not flipping the discussion into an argument. I really appreciate the trust that you put forth to inform.
With honor,
Autumn
princessgss (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
whitebuffalo:
Yes... It is a custom of doing in the Asia...
Most of the time, the hotel will not unplug it... Definitely... But the whole thing about the spook is that how can we still watch the TV when it is unplugged? That is the point.

I dun think the lady in the cupboard and the lady combing the hair is of the same being... They have different features... One is half body shown... Whereas another is fully shown...

Normally for us, people who can see, we recieve by our ears... But actually, it is to our mind... We can hear it... But normally people who dun have the ability will not hear it... AT ALL...

I hope this answer your question... If there is still anything that I didn't answer, you can juz put it down here... ^^
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Hello again, princessgss.
Yes, I see that you are in Japan, that is why I asked if it was "custom" that had you knocking before entering, or if it was a personal trade mark. I may have to adopt that myself, as it IS in respect and honor of those who have gone before.
My question about the plug was just a curiosity. I have worked in several hotels in my time and the entire time that I DID, we never unplugged any of the appliances, unless there was a NEED to do so. So I was wondering if they DID over there. I have never had the honor to travel to Japan, and have no idea of ANY of the customs, traditions, regulations and what not.
I would have had an issue with it as well, as there SHOULD not have been any way to watch the telly without that it was plugged IN.

Was the one hanging on the hanger, and the woman brushing her hair the same being? Did the woman brushing her hair acknowledge you at all? Was the voice from the closet received in your mind, or in your ears?
Thank you.
princessgss (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Thanks for the comment~
Thanks to Tonith and DeviousAngel for the praise.

And to answer whitebuffalo:
I will only knock on the door if I am in hotel or anywhere that is not my house. Because I believe that they are in the third dimension that normal people cannot see them. So as to inform them that I am coming in, so I knocked the door. It is a form of respect to them.

And also... Sometimes, I juz did the thing... But I dun know it would turn out in this way...

Oh... And also... That night, when we are watching the TV, the plug should be on... And then when the guest leave the room, no one should go in, unless, I put a 'please tidy' notice. That is why I got really spooked by it.

But anyway, thanks for commenting... Hope that this answer is alright...

And I am from Japan~
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
i think I wold have left after seeing them in the closet. And the call that would have made me feal like they might follow me home. Does this happen a lot where you are from? 😕
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I am sorry, zacksawyer.
I am not trying to be disrespectful, but SHE said that she DID see these "friends"...
And, the woman, at least, LOOKED like a woman.
Just from what YOU wrote, uh... I am at a loss of words.
As you can see by the stories on this site from the U.S. Some of us HERE also believe there may be some entities among us that we do not see.
What I was referring to was the "honor" of requesting permission to enter a room by knocking, or ringing the bell before entering. I was wondering if there was a reason, or if she herself was just trying to be respectful.
Do YOU knock before entering an establishment, zacksawyer?
Thank you.
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
to whitebuffalo:, I'm from the philippines and we have the same beliefs as what princessqs described (about beings, unseen living among us) in her story. They are not ghost's but are entities belonging also to this earth. We do not see them but they are there. I myself never encountered any but I heard many stories relating to this myth.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I just...
I have a question.
I do not want this to sound belittling or rude, but I REALLY think it is "cute" that you respect the fact that "someone" may be residing in the room with you, and therefore you knock, or ring the bell before entering.
The question is this...
Is that YOUR own personal trade mark, or is there some sort of custom that mandates that you must do this?

Some sort of being was hanging on the hanger when you opened the closet? And did this being verbally ask you what you wanted, or was it telepathic? Crud, I would have SLAMMED the door.
The woman that you saw combing her hair in the mirror, did you have to walk by her? Did she acknowledge you? Was she the same being that was hanging in the closet?
The telly was unplugged? Is it common for hotels there to UNplug them once a guest leaves?
Wow.
Thank you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I second Tonith! Your English is really quite excellent, princessgss.:)
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Wow...I got chills reading it... I would have asked someone there if anyone had ever died in that room. NOt that they would have told you, but it would have been worth a shot. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
I think the room is haunted and you just got a taste of it. I don't think you have anything to worry about being that whatever is there wants to stay there and will not be following you. You were sensitive enough to pick up on it and had physical confirmation and a witness so it couldn't have been just your imagination. May I say for having English as a second language you do very well with it.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
I'm not sure how familiar you are with folklore, but this sounds like "ubume" (mother ghost). Perhaps she sees you as her children, and wants to take care of you? I can't be sure but it seems like it.

Thank you for sharing your story.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
god that's a really spooky story!
Do you think she needs help? Do you think you would be able to help her?
With you being able to see things since you were little the spirit might be seeking help?
Just a thought! 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: