You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Green Man And The Shadow People

Real Ghost Stories

The Green Man And The Shadow People

 

This happened in my old house, back in Jakarta, Indonesia. I was the only child until I was 10, until the arrival of my little sister. Mum decided that I was old enough to make good use of my own room, because I would sleep with my Mum every night. My room was on the second floor while my parents' room was on the first floor.

It was a nice soft pink room, very cozy and pretty. But as a child, I simply hated it when Mum forced me to go up to the second floor and sleep in my own room all by myself. I would leave the lights on and the door wide open, but at times. My Mum would come to my room to check if I was sleeping and then she would turn the lights off and sometimes leave the door open because I begged her not to shut the door because if I were to scream at night, she wouldn't be able to hear me and if something scary were to happen, then it would be easier for me to run out of the room, yes, I was quite a paranoid as a 10 year old.

This one night, I was sleeping in my own room alone. For some reason, I woke up in the middle of the night. I looked at the clock on my study desk and it was only two o'clock in the morning. I blinked and then I saw a tall big man stood beside my bed, he was green from head to toe. He looked like a normal human being, fairly young and nothing like the Hulk or the Grinch. He was looking down at me, I looked at him for a few seconds and then I looked at my room.

Around my bed, there were people sitting down on the floor of my bedroom, I couldn't see their faces clearly, they were almost like black and gray shadows. There were so many of them, they practically filled up the whole bedroom. I don't think any of them were looking at me, they were looking down at the floor and they were mumbling something, in a language that I could not understand. The way they talked, it was almost like they were mourning and wailing at me, because they were surrounding my bed. But I could hear from their voices, they were sad.

Funnily, I was not scared of them, although they were my first ghosts. The green man who stood beside my bed, he didn't look like he was going to eat me or anything and the shadow people who were sitting around my bed; I knew they wouldn't attack me. Next thing I know, I fell asleep. The moment I woke up, I realized that I saw something in my room, it wasn't a dream.

I have never seen that green man or the shadow people since then. But I've realized that since that one encounter with the supernatural world, I became more sensitive to those things. It is almost creepy, maybe they gave me the ability to feel, hear and sometimes see them from that one visit? I don't know, but I won't mind if they were to come and visit me again.

Other hauntings by Ladywaldorf

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ladywaldorf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Greenfigure (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-30)
The same thing happened to me. I was around 6-7 years old and sleeping in my mom's room and suddenly I wake up to find two green
Glowing figures laying on the bed beside me ''Note, we were sleeping on the ground I don't know why'' just staring at the roof, one woman, and one man. I remember the woman, they looked just like a normal human being but neon greenish. I remember the woman holding something in her hands like a bowl or something. I was calling out to my mom and woke her up, I pointed at the figures and my mom just told me to sleep fast like she also saw it but I don't know. I wasn't scared, I was just interested in them. But as soon as my mom told me to sleep I slept quite fast. When I woke up in the morning they disappeared and I missed them for some reason, I wanted them to come back and visit. Since then i've not been visited by them.
Jamesbo (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
hello, I don't remember exactly when I had started seeing them. I was vary young at the time, earliest I remember was about 3-4 years old. For meny years I had seen them. 3 kinds, 2 kinds of smaller beings and the 3rd was the fabled boler hat man. Never have they been threatening to me, of course I do get a bit spooked after I would realise what I had seen. Now I hadent seen any for a long time sinse I was 7-8 year old I'm almost 27 now and just over the last to weeks had seen one again this one was a gray tattered cloak. And within a few days of having seen this I also had something speek to me when I was on the phone (it was not the person I was talking to) what ever it was, in a whispering voice but vary loudly said "SHUT UP" the ones when I was younger whare always in the peripheral vision and the next room over moving straight through but the one I saw the other day was in the same room as me within 5 feet (right in front of me) going down the stares as I came out of the hall. As iv been reading more on them I find most say they are of a demonic verity but I feel that they are pieceful. Atleast the ones I have seen
miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
every ghost I've ever seen (with the exception of an Old Hag haunting) had been green!
It's interesting that you were so afraid as a child of things you hadn't yet experienced (having the door left open to your room, for instance) and yet, when something paranormal DID occur, you handled it very well.

Neat story, thanks for sharing. ❤
Ladywaldorf (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Lol...lots of comments... Okay so I thought it was a dream as well... But at the same time, since that one encounter with the 'green man' and the shadow people, I started to see, hear, feel and experience a lot more creepy stuff...

On the same note, one of my mum's friend went over to our house once and he was nice enough not to tell me anything until we have moved to my new house. He said, he saw a girl, either she is sitting on the ground or she has no legs... Leaning against the side wall of my house at night...she's got long hair and typical white dress.

Then sometimes, I would hear my neighbors' dogs howling or cats meowing at night...

Oh yes and the guy was standing beside my bed and he was looking down at me and we made eye contact until I shifted my attention to the shadow people... Weird things always happen to me around 2-4am...
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
That just sounds like you opened your eyes but were not fully awake and you were still dreaming- hallucinating. There is a scientific word for that, but I forget the word. It does not mean you are crazy, you were just dreaming with your eyes open.
This is also why you fell back to sleep easily.
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
you're actually a typical 10 year old, afraid of the dark, fearing a "boogeyman" might come out of your closet and what not. It could be those things you saw are your imagination. I'm not saying it is, but the mind is a powerful illusionist. Like your story said before you went to bed you where already scared out of your wits, sleeping alone or being alone in the dark. You're dreading seeing something "unholy", mindful of every sound around you. To make the story short you where paranoid. I think your mind just played a trick on you. I could be wrong of course. If you're mind was blank before the incident (by blank I mean you weren't thinking of ghost and creepy stuff before going to bed) and then you encountered the "green man" then I would safely say that was a truly freaky encounter. But that was not the case, your mind was like pre-conceiving ghosts and "scary stuff" even before the encounter. This is just my opinion, I hope your not offended. Tnx for sharing your story.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Hmmm.
I think that perhaps you mistranslated the events this night. I am NOT saying that I HAVE the answers you seek, but I, personally got a very different feel to this.
The green man...
Well, first off, let's clear this part up. Are you saying that he was like a translucent green, fairly "glowing"... That it was emanating from his body?
That is the "picture" I got.
AND that he was standing JUST beside your bed? And the shadow people who appeared to be mourning something, SURROUNDED your bed?

With just what you have written, I would NOT think this to have been a visit by the legendary "green man". I DO think it to have been a mere coincidence that he APPEARED green TO you.

** The Green Man: The God as the lord of vegetation and the forests. His female counterpart is the goddess as the Earth Mother, together they are the Green Lord and Lady of the Earth** bol.sapphiremoon.info/glossary.php

I would further suggest (by the by, did he make eye CONTACT with you? You say that you looked at one another, but was there eye contact as well?) that it was not YOU that the shadow people were surrounding, but HIM...
HE was the reason they were there.
NOT you.
Whew. What a relief.

Green is a peaceful color, and symbolises growth, nature, fertility, wealth and relaxation, peace. As the shadow people were sitting about looking at the FLOOR and NOT at the Green Man to GAIN his comfort...
As I know NOTHING of what was going on in your life at that point, I can make no assumptions.
Thank you.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
interesting. Well my guesses are it was either a very powerful dream or perhaps it was the awakening to your sensitivity. You must have always been as a child otherwise you wouldn't have been so paranoid about having doors shut or lights off.
I'm glad you weren't scared, have you seen anything the same or similar since?
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Hmmm, it sounds like a dream to me. They can be very very real feeling sometimes.
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Wow, that was very brave at 10... YOur lucky it wasn't something bad that night to happend... I have never expericned anything in vision yet... ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Apparently there was something in that scene that didn't create negativity. I am glad for you for that plus. Could it have been a waking dream? Possibly. I tend to reject things that happen in repose being that the mind in this state is fickle and reality subjective. Good story. Thanks for sharing.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Thats disturbing 0-0 I have to admire your bravery; If I saw such things I'd be scarred for life!
Thanks for sharing.
-TRG

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: