You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cat's Goodbye And Mum's Message

Real Ghost Stories

Cat's Goodbye And Mum's Message

 

My cat was very ill with kidney failure and I lost him in January 2008. I was devastated. For the next few days his sister would hiss at his cat bed, my lap (where he used to sleep), my bed and all the places he used to sleep or lay. She was totally freaked out by something but I could not see what.

I believe his spirit stayed around for those days to say goodbye. I felt his presence around the house for a while but it left after a few days. Since he passed she has adopted some of the habits that were his like sleeping in the same position on the bed, on my lap, following me around the house, talking to me and being quite possessive of me just as he used to be. She also didn't like anyone else near me - I was his. She is like that now. Mum's cat gets hissed at if it comes near me.

Six months later my Mum was very ill in hospital and we knew she was going to die. I believe there is an after life and I knew my Mum was scared to die alone. I asked her to give me a sign she had arrived and was OK. I asked her to dim my lights down very slowly and back up again.

She passed at 12. 30pm and at 8.30pm my lounge lights went down very slowly and back up again. I had just told my husband what I had asked Mum to do as it happened and he now believes, as I do, that this is not all there is to this life. It was a fine clear, starry night. My Mum knew I was worried about her and would have done this as she wanted me to feel better about her passing. I have since had a psychic reading and Mum has come through thanking me for what I did for her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lizziejane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Sorry about your Mother and your Cat but be strong in the reality that they are with God all the time now.
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
I'm sorry about your mother... It is sad but you know she is doing okay. Because she came to visit you you can be sure she is in a safe place. She loved you very very much. I liked your story. Hope you can find peace in your heart. 😊
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
Great but sad story. I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you. It's certainly comforting to know that there's something after this life, that you don't just rot in the ground! Thanks for sharing your story! 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
that is wonderfully and sorry about your lost of your mother and cat I too lost my cats and also my father. I know it's take awhile to get use to it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: