You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mystery Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Mystery Girl

 

At school we were having a concert for our band one night in the cafeteria. I was in the "video crew" and we were there taping them. It was like 7:00 P.M and my teacher told me that I could go on break and get some fresh air outside. I stepped outside with my friend Jazzie and we were sitting on the grass just talking amongst ourselves. After 5 minutes her walky talky went off and she jumped up and ran back into the stage room. I thought that was pretty weird because I usually had the biggest job to do and my teacher hadn't called me back in yet. But I didn't mind, I just sat outside on the grass alone and looked out to the playground that was near me.

A few minutes had passed when I saw this little girl come walking towards me. She was a pretty little girl, her hair was in a cute pony tail, she had a little skirt on, and a blue collared shirt. She was very darling but there was something wrong with her. As she came closer to me I could see that she was sad. Her eyes were wet and her face looked like stone. It made me sad to look at her but I was curious as to what was going on with her.

She started walking past me and then stopped right in front of the boy's bathroom. She turned to face the door and just stood there. Was she lost? It was dark outside, did she loose her parents? Or did she just need to go the bathroom? I sat there looking at her confused. It had been about 1 minute now and she just stood right in front of the boy's bathroom door.

I thought that this was getting pretty ridiculous, so I stood up and walked towards her. I asked her if she was okay or if she needed to find the girls' bathroom. A few moments after I spoke to her she finally looked up to me. I asked her the same question again. She said nothing... Just stared at me with a painful look in her eyes. I stepped toward the girls' bathroom and told her that she could use this restroom. Finally, she came and walked over and then entered.

I sat back down on the grass and waited for a signal to come back in. This was getting ridiculous, did they forget about me? Then, right at that instant I heard footsteps coming from a distance. I turned to look and it was the girl. The same girl who I helped out earlier. I couldn't believe this! I could not remember seeing her walk out of the bathroom! This frightened me a bit.

I watched her as she went right back to the boys bathroom again and stood there at the door. What was she doing? Thankfully, right at that moment my walky talky went off and I rushed into the stage room. My teacher assigned me to the camera in the front of the stage. I walked down to the front steps and sat down with the video camera.

I started panning the students and as I came up to the middle, I saw something that made my mouth drop open. I stopped panning, just stared straight ahead of me, horrified. There she was, playing the flute, the girl who stood in front of the boys' bathroom with the tears in her eyes. But this time she was dressed in a long sleeve white shirt and black long pants.

Was this for real? How was she here on the stage playing an instrument when one minute ago she was standing outside?! Something was wrong; she wasn't supposed to be here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mickeyticky123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
Thanks for the story, Mickey. I am under the impression that something horrid happened to this little girl in the boys bathroom and that her ghost was forced to go back over and over again to the scene. It was a bit odd that she should acknowledge you and then let you lead her into the girls rest room.

I agree with the others and say that showing us this tape of her playing the flute would be great and I also wonder what others who view the tape think of her being in it.

Again, thanks for the story. Very good read.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
The fact that the little girl interracted with you (responded to you talking to her) nixes a residual haunting, I would think. Residuals are like film, that doesn't acknowledge the observer and simply plays out the same way on a perpetual loop.

That being said, this is a really bizarre story. I'm inclined to think it was a ghost, attached somehow to that playground and that bathroom. Like she was waiting for someone to come out, who never did.

I don't know what the connection to the flute player was. They sound like two disconnected events unless it was a case of astral displacement (which I'm not sure I buy, either).
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Was this concert at your own school or had the band and video crew traveled to another school?

You stated that it was a 'little girl' outside but I get the impression that you are in High School, if this is the case were you filming a Jr High School (Middle School) Band?

If the former then purhaps something happened to this band member when she attended that school and her presence triggered an emotional 'call for help' that you witnessed.

If the latter, then perhaps you saw this girls twin and just misunderstood what you were seeing, or... Perhaps it is a 'family history' thing... Let me explain...

If this young girl was wearing 'old fashioned' clothing then perhaps the presence of a present day realtive triggered a residual haunting and this is what you saw. Of course this depends on if you were at you own school and if so has it always been a high school?

Just a few ideas, thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Wow! Maybe she was a ghost and she had something bad happen to her and she was trying to show you where it happened. Maybe look at old school books to see if you see her picture some where. Research and see if a child died of some type of injuries. Good story how scary thank you:O)
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
rather strange.

I'm with hazzard about reviewing the footage. After the performance did you see where the flute player went? Was she with family or friends? Did you see where the little girl from outside?
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
freaky. Did anyone else mention anything when the footage was reviewed like "who's that?" perhaps try and see if anyone recognizes her. It could just turn out to be a misunderstanding

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: