You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Said Goodbye... It Wasn't The Last Time I Saw Her

Real Ghost Stories

I Said Goodbye... It Wasn't The Last Time I Saw Her

 

Hey guys, first I would like to thank everyone for the support and kindness you have shown from my other story. Now I know I'm NOT MAD!

Well this story is about some things that have happened to me a few days after my grandma died which is a very sensitive subject for me.

When I found out, I was at home and it was a sudden death so I had no idea... My uncle came round to tell me and then we went to my grandma's house. She had died in her bedroom and they had difficulty getting her out so she was still in her bed. She died at 7.30 (you will see why I mentioned this later on in the story.)

When I got there I wouldn't go upstairs without my mum or aunty but after a while I plucked up the courage to go and pay my respects and say good bye... I'm not going in to details but I did and I felt as if she was happy that I did go and pay a visit.

That night we all stayed at grandad's house by this time the coroner had taken my grandma to a better place and we were all comforting each other. I ended up moving in with my grandad for a couple of months just to help with the washing and cleaning and just generally being there for him if he needed me.

The next day I didn't go to school I couldn't face it to be honest and I stayed with my grandad... We were doing the usual all day stuff and various people visited throughout the day.

At about 6pm I made us some food and we sat down and watched TV. My grandma always used to watch eastenders and we felt we had to carry on with the tradition even though she wasn't there to watch it. I lit some candles around the fire place earlier that evening and drew the curtains... Then when the theme tune for eastenders came on then at exactly 7.30 all the candles went out... (I'd like to add that they were all new candles and there were certainly no drafts)

I heard a familiar voice say "don't worry I will watch over you" me and my grandad were the only ones in that night and I recognised the voice as my grandmas and all of a sudden I smelt her perfume just for about 10 seconds then it was gone. (She only wore this when we went out to a restaurant or a family do, but loved the smell of it)

We both had a dream about her visiting us that night she seemed to not know how she got there but we ended up having quite a good chat about things. I don't know if this is just my imagination but it seems a bit of a coincidence when my grandad had a similar dream.

I will have to finish this off some other time... I'm getting quite emotional and it's not good when I'm supposed to be working!

Sorry if this is too long! Thanks for reading

xXelliemayXx

Other hauntings by xXelliemayXx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXelliemayXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Hi xXeliemayXx,

Thank you for making me aware of your wonderful sharing here. I can very much relate to this since our granny passed recently away in her bed while sleeping here at our house. And she's still around. I think it is amazing how you got to share your grandmothers afterlife with your grandfather in a dream visit... It is of a great comfort being aware of these things, I was sad but for a short short moment. The joy which she gave me from where she is now was so overwhelming.

Peter,
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
That is very interesting. It is a rather good thing that she is watching over you! I would like to maby hear more of the things that have been going on if there is anymore things that is!

~Yours Truly Haunted,
Sora❤
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
dantheman it would be nice to hear from you and how you achieve this 😊 please get back to us!
nich (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
really Dantheman? You mean, you talk to them without possessing you or do they possess you?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
Dantheman, you can talk to the dead, interesting how exactly does that work then. If you curse the dead, do they know?
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Dantheman: how do you fine tune this? I can't control hu talks to me 😕
but it would be nice if I could 😉
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
If anyone is interested, I can talk to those whom have passed. I have done many for my freinds and family. I'm not that good, but I have been fine tuning my abilty for 3 years now.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
ermmm yeah I think so... Either that or none of the family have spoke about it!
Thanks for your comments! ❤
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Awww so sweet! Your grandma is watching you from where ever she is! You should feel proud. She cares for you and your grandad (Are you the only two who were visited by her...?). Anyway, Nice post! ❤
Anna84 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Hi, I've lost my grandma less then 6months ago, know what u're feeling... I do sometimes feel she is still around, watching over us.
I'me sure yours is doing just the same

****** 😳
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Hi, what a sweet story. I recently lost several people close to me and sorry to say I am still waiting for a "visit" from them. I usually have dreams, but have had other experiences. Glad she reached out to you and your granddad. She was letting you know how special both of you are to her, even now.
God Bless,
Byluyster
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I like to think that too 😳 and I know for a fact that she is... I still have encounters now:D 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I very much look forward to your next part of your story before I leave a comment. It is always nice to know though that our loved ones are watching over us.
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Sweet, I lost my gran too a while back and I still miss her dearly.

I'm sure she's watching over you guys.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: