You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Hallway

 

First off, my name is Hannah and I'm 15 years old.

My family just moved in to a beautiful Victorian style home in October 2008. At first, we really didn't experience anything, except for the occasional creaks that old houses have. Then, in early December, I had my first paranormal experience.

It was about 8 PM on a Friday night. I was home alone, and just doing some homework and watching TV - nothing out of the ordinary. I got up to use the bathroom, and I went to the sink to go wash my hands. As I was washing my hands, I felt as if I were being watched.

I really don't know how to explain it; it just felt like someone was there. I continued washing my hands, trying not to creep myself out. Then all of the sudden, I thought I saw something pass by the open bathroom door and go down the hallway. Now, I was freaked out.

I decided to look in the hallway, to assure myself that it was just my imagination. (Just so you know, the hallway makes a turn, and goes off to the library and 3 bedrooms.) As I turned the corner in the hallway, I saw the figure of a little girl, who looked to be about 8 or 9 years old, with reddish looking hair and dressed in Victorian style clothing.

She moved her lips, but I didn't hear her say anything. I was too scared to do anything but stand there, and about a minute later she turned reached for the doorknob of the library, but instead walked right through the door!

Can anyone tell me what kind of spirit this is?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hannie2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
It was an Sadden ghost. She may of been lost and was trying to have you help her. Do research on the house. By the way, she was not a young girl with red, black or blue eyes? Also did she look around 8-12ish. And she did not have black hair and wasn't wearing an weird type of black cloak. If it was, watch yourself...
IfriendJinx (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
It's a homing sprit, It means it used to live there some time ago.
For pne thing I know the girl was probley trying to say "Follow me" or something like that then walked into the libary, So maybe you should check it out ALONE!
It won't come out with too many people.
And I'm curious? Why did it turn the door nob when it could just walk through? 😐
hannie2 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
thanks everyone for commenting, I didn't even think of following her. That's a great idea, and maybe there is some important information in the library, since there are books in there from the original owners. I reccently had another experience that I will post. 😊
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
It is very common for old homes as yours to have what the bible calls "familiar spirits". These spirits are very familiar with the persons who once lived and died there and take on there form exactly and relive their lives. Hope that makes sense to you. ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Great story and I agree with everybody, I think she is trying to show you something. So next time when you see her, follow her and see where she goes, she might be trying to show you something IMPORTANT...

Thanks for posting,

Princess123 x ❤
spirit13 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
i think next time you see her you should follow her, It could be some thing or it could be nothing I mean maybe you should look for anything interesting in your libary?
zackboy105 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
She's a good Spirit I Think she wanted to show you some thing in fact I know she did you can help her past by trying to communicate ask her how you can help her past please give us a update bye good luck remember she might be dead but she would probably more scared of you then you being scared of her.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
she could be try to show you something, she had died in that victora house that was old.
taaabbbiii (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Wow, a mixture of excitement, scariness and curiosity there. Though if you try you never know, that hint of natural "scariness" may fade. Good on you for doing your research! I'd love to hear from you if it happens again; good luck!
hannie2 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
my brother said he thought he heard a voice when he was sleeping, that was around valentines day. I started researching, and I found that the original owner's had a daughter who died in 1903 of pneumonia. I couldn't find a picture, but I did find that her name was Emma Starliper and she was 9 years old when she died. She didn't seem mean or anything, I just would like to know if I can help her.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Has anyone else seen anything? Have you seen her again? Hopefully what you have is a playful little girl who is in home. Do keep us updated.
searchingsam (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Hannah, from what you have written you have a interactive spirit in your home. I think she was trying to communicate with you. At 15 I don't know how brave I would be about what you saw. Just try not to let her scare you. That not easy I know. She most likely feels some comfort from you. I also live in a Victorian house and we have a 5 year old boy that runs and plays. He was almost 5 when he passed away in 1931. He can make just as much noise as our grand kids that live with us. I think most homes as old as ours come with spirits of some sort. Just be glad it's not hateful. Please keep us up to date if you see her again. Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: