You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: So Glad I Said I Love You On His Last Day

Real Ghost Stories

So Glad I Said I Love You On His Last Day

 

I am new to this site. Please pardon any and all errors.

This will be a hard story for me to write. My family had had many different ' experiences '.

My older brother was in an accident in January 2004. He was left a paraplegic. We were told as a family unit he had 3-4 years. Being a paraplegic means so much more health wise then just not being unable to walk. He was a prisoner in his own body. There was always some life threatening emergency. Always...

I always told him I loved him. I had earlier on the February 26, 2008.

He came home from the hospital on February 18, 2008. Of course we had our talks. He told me he was ready to go. He knew where he was going and he was ready to go, he was tired. February 26 at about 12 noon my brother passed at home.

My mother and I did CPR on him to no avail.

While my mother nephew and I was in the room with him. Dad was in the front room.

Dad said he heard someone come out of my brother's room and walk down the hall. But there was no one there. He said he watched and heard someone come into the front room and sit down in a chair next to his. And he heard someone let out an exhale or a sigh. Then he said he saw a something like faint blue smoke slowly disappear.

Could this have been my brother's spirit?

Other hauntings by DixieChick101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DixieChick101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I'm so sorry for your loss and your brother loved you and felt sad for your attempt to save him. He must have really loved you. I send with this comment blessings ❤ Katherine ❤
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
i am sure your brother hates to see you sad, and came back to comfort you that hes much better off and happy in a place where there is no pain and no worldly grief.

May God give you and your family the strength to bear with the loss- my prayers are with your brother 😊 ❤ 😊
White_Rose (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
I feel sorry for your loss, I can tell through your writing you really miss him. But He is in a better place now, And I am sure he can walk, and stand, and dance, and he's happy. But remember every time you cry for him, He'll know he hurt you, but he'll know, you'll know he's in a better place. I am positive it was him, I mean to say, Who else could it be? Anyway, have a great day, and god bless

❤ WhiteRose ❤
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
Thats so sweet! ^^ It must have been your brother coming back to see the home pone last time before he passed on. If he said he was ready to go, he must've sighed because he was relieved that he was going peacefully.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Aww it is nice that he has come to visit you!

Princess123 x ❤
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Surya,

I ask because well its not the usual happenings and was wondering if anyone else has had that experience. Its very hard to lose someone as close as my brother was to me. He was my older brother, my best friend. I could tell him anything and did. He was always there for me. I had him all my life. When I was born he was all ready there. Yes, all of us have had dreamed about my brother since he died. Someday maybe I will write about my dreams there has been 2 when I know he was telling me he was all right, he was walking again. Except mom and dad.
I suppose I should have asked has anyone else ever experienced that. I guess in another way, I just want assurance my dear big brother is all right. But since my dreams. I know in my heart of hearts he is okay. I miss him so much. I wish I could sit down and just have one more long talk with him. About any and everything. I had the best brother. I wish everyone could have an older brother like mine. He was a blessing. RIP Johnny Brown kick up your heels on those streets of gold you deserve it.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
I don't understand why you ask if it was your brother's spirit. It all points to your brother's spirit. Someone coming out of his bedroom sitting down next to your dad. Your brother's last rounds before he moved on. Has any of your family had any other happenings since the passing of your brother?
SethOfTheRich (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
It definitely sounds like it could be your brother's spirit, or an escort to get to wherever he was going. Thanks for sharing.
It is always good to tell someone you love them, before my mom would ever leave the house or if I were going away somewhere I would always tell her I loved her, even if we argued the same day or if she were angry with me for something. You never know what's going to happen.
midnightsparkle (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
what your dad saw and heard could was most likely your brother saying goodbye, and the light blue color of the smoke could have been his orah. I have a friend who can read orahs and mine is light blue too
taaabbbiii (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
This must have been a very hard time for you and your family. I wish you all the best ❤

That sounds very strange! By the sound of things, your brother had a great sense of humor; A sitting down motion, then a sigh sounds a lot like a good characteristic ghost!

Yes, I do believe that was your brothers' spirit.

May he rest in peace.
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
I'm sure you both were very close to each other and this could be a reason of the occurances. Your bro was loved and missed. He came to assure you guys that where ever he is, he is safe and happy and you need not worry anymore... Enjoy the life! He's watching you ❤
yellowhouse (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
my grandfather appeared to my dad in much the same way just a few days after he died. It really freaked my dad out. It was like he came back one last time to say goodbye before he crossed over.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Oh, yes, it sure could have been, DixieChick101.
I want to point out something very important. I do not know if you made the distinction, or if you just used the word "Spirit", but I DO believe that this was your brothers SPIRIT, and NOT his ghost.
When a Spirit makes itself known to us, it is in it's "perfect" form.
In other words, no physical issues, whatsoever.
How beautiful a story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
alimae920 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
It could have been your brothers spirt and it probally was his. And now I realize that family is important ❤ 😢
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
This story makes me realize how important it is for people to let family members know what they do and don't want done at the time of their demise. Had they brought him back he would have been back in the same sick body to endure more suffering. His visit to your dad showed he was now free of that sick body and whole again. Sorry for your loss. Your brother is in a much better place. God love him. His suffering is over.
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
I truly believe in my heart. My brother is at peace. He made it very plain to me in his last days. He was ready to go and he had no fear. He said, He knew where he was going.

I have dreamed of my brother twice 2 nights in a row. Which just furthered my belief he was at peace. ❤
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
I like your way of putting it better than my way again sorry for your loss

I will try something new

Gb001
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Dad heard whom ever it was coming down the hall way after. Mom and I had stopped trying to resuscitate him. When Dad saw and heard what he did, he originally thought it was mom or I coming out his room. But it wasn't us. I didn't stop the CPR until a paramedic pulled me off and told me he was gone. Then I tried to convince them to shock him and try to get his heart going again. Mom was just torn up.
It wasn't any of that could have made the sigh. I really believe it my brother. Having one last walk through the house and a sit down by our dad.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
im truly very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to talk in his last days and I'm sure it was his spirit your dad sensed. Sometimes death is the ultimate freedom I guess.
Thanks for sharing,
Take care ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
I am very sorry for your loss. I was the moderator for your story, and I couldn't hold back the tears, I can feel you loved your brother very much. He knew that, and still does.

It may very well have been your brother pausing a moment near your Dad as he embarked on his next journey. It may also hae been one that came toassist him and/or guide him.

God Bless!
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
I am postitive it was your brother I am not usually like this but I know it was him the way the walking and sighing and the blue smoke it sounds like a past away family member the way you worded it. Great story and sorry for your loss
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Hi, thank's for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it and I am very sorry for what happened. I think it might have been him, I'm not very sure, but if right after he passed away (I'm sorry for saying), your dad saw someone, then it might have been him. If that someone seemed to sigh or exhale, then it might have been his spirit, maybe it was after you tried to do CPR or maybe he was just relieved and felt better after he left, or maybe he was just sad to leave and wished he could stay longer. I'm sorry again and may God rest his soul. =]

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: