You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Classroom

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Classroom

 

There are a few of us that work at a Day Care center in Minneapolis Minnesota that believe that one of the classrooms in our building is haunted. It usually happens around closing time when all the kids have gone home for the night (usually around 11-12 at night) when one of us will walk by one particular classroom and get a strange and uncomfortable feeling as soon as we pass the classroom.

I once saw what looked like a little girl in the classroom but one entering it, no one was there. I am interested in researching the history of the building to see if I could find out any information into the phenomena.

More recently, a day ago, we had some kids watching a movie while waiting to be picked up when the light in the pre-school playroom (where things usually occur) was switched off. The other staff member and I were confused dues to the fact that the only other staff member in the building was at the time at the other end of the building and all the kids were sitting by the TV watching the movie.

We still have yet to figure out who was responsible for the light being switched off.

My opinion is that the building is haunted by a young female child probably between 3 and 5 years of age, but I have not had the opportunity as of yet to do research or investigate the situation further. I am curious to see if my opinion is correct and if so the particular facts as to why, but although I am "sensitive," I am too afraid to lead the investigation myself (my "gift" scares me more than it helps).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rogue2727, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lovingmama27 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
hi I live in minneapolis and might be able to help you a little bit. Which day care is it? Do you know any history of the building like year it was built and what not? Let me know! THANKS
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
The girl you saw was a ghost most likly, but not a vengefull one, she was proboly a sad and losted one. To be more acurate I would have to see her myself. Now the light proplem could be a few things. Could be a ghost or the new motion type light that shuts off once in a while. If any one want to ask me anything about a strange thing happening for them, just give me an e-mail. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
I remember a specific classroom in my old high school had some strange occurances. The school had been around since the 70's and I know of atleast 2 kids dying in that school (one from a heart attack during a basketball game, the other I'm not sure). I heard of a lot of strange things happening in that room, I witnessed some minor things like objects moving and a couple times I'd see a person in a ROTC uniform out of the corner of my eye, I'd look and see no-one there. It was pretty strange.
jcg1997 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
well,if it was around 11-12 at night when children werent around means its probably a ghost that's SHY. If this has happened multiple times before the light switch act, my theory may be true thatshe was trying to get attention from everyone. I MEAN, if you haunted a building for over 100 years or so, and someone finally came you would want their attention, right?
orbsNshadows (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Do you know if this building has always been a daycare or was it used for another purpose before the daycare? Also, how old is the building?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
No problem, zacksawyer.
BUT... Like I said, I am not from Minnesota, so... The jury is still out on this particular center. I guess we will both have to patiently await the answer...
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
thanks for the info whitebuffalo, I live in California, SF to be exact and I never heard or seen a daycare that last or closes that late... I stand corrected... 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
zacksawyer, I do not live in Minnesota, but I do know that there are a few daycare here in Indiana that ARE open until midnight for the parents that work second shift. Years ago? Would have NEVER seen a daycare opened after 6 or 7.
Our economy is so screwed up at present, that it is a necessity... HERE.
Thanks.
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Correct me if I'm wrong but a day care for kids that closes at 11 to 12 midnight? I'm not saying your story is a fake, far from it but really?
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
I agree with whitebuffalo.
This young child might just be coming to the daycare because she knows other young children are there.
I have heard, many times, that young children are more prone to see spirits and entitys, so maybe the children see her?
An investigation is a great idea 😊
Good luck!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
Hello Rogue.
LOVE the name...

You know, if you choose to go ahead with the investigation, one thing to keep in mind is that you WORK in a DAYCARE.
Children are DRAWN to other children.
There may not BE any connection between that building, the land and the little girl. The only connection to her "haunt" MAY BE in the children present.
Thank you.
taaabbbiii (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
Wow! How interesting. I always find school or childcare center hauntings very fascinating.
Keeping a history record sounds like a great idea. Keep us updated & good luck.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
An investigation sounds like a great idea. It would be interesting to have a video camera running during the night just to see what could be captured in that classroom with the activity. As long as someone is willing to review all the footage you may be surprised what you find on it. I have always thought that sensitivity can be a gift or curse depending on how one handles it. I am not sensitive so I have no idea what people who have it, go through. I know what it's like to be creeped out but I don't see things or hear things so maybe I should be glad for that lol. If you should decide to investigate keep us posted.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
I would for sure look into the history of the land/building.

What have co-workers experienced?
aAaTvirused (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
yea you should look of my friends had an experience with ghost in a hotel we searched information and found out that it was burned some years ago! 😕
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Thats a good idea, you should really look into the history of the building. I know what your talking about, I'm going threw the same thing except with my house. Well good luck to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: