You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Spirit Has Attached Itself To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Has Attached Itself To Me

 

I am back with another post. My first story Back and forth through the hallway explains what I have been going threw.

I originally thought that the spirit in my house was bound there, because it had died in the house, but I guess I was wrong. I think it is following me.

Last night I went over to my friend Nicole's house to watch some movies. It was about 8:00pm and we were both sitting next to each other on the couch. Now just to explain the layout of the room we were in. The doors she has leading out of the room are huge sliding doors that were closed at the time. The television is next to the doors up against the wall, and the couch a few feet back from the television.

Now we were about five minutes into the movie, when I heard what sounded like footsteps right outside the doors. I glanced over at my friend who was looking at me. She had heard them too. Now her parents were out of town, and she has no siblings. She grabbed the remote and turned the sound all the way down, because we still wanted the light, as all the lights in the house were off. As soon as the volume was almost half down we could hear the footsteps lot clearer. The distinct sound of pacing back and forth in front of the door I knew so well.

My friend did not know that I had heard these footsteps before. We both got up from the couch, and walked to the door, I reached out and grabbed the handle to slide the door open, but as soon as my hand touched the handle the footsteps stopped. At this point my friend was back on the couch freaked out of her mind, but I wanted to know what was going on. I slowly slid back the doors, but remember it was completely dark. I asked my friend where the light switch was, but she didn't want to even get up. Looking into her kitchen, which was the room I was looking in I got really cold. I slowly stepped out into the dark looking around for the light switch. I spotted something white on the wall, assuming that was it I walked over to it slowly, but as I got closer I felt as though I was being watched. It was the switch; it was on the wall next to her computer room which was open. I raised my hand to flick the switch, but I also raised my eyes too (bad idea). It was pitch black, but as I raised my eyes, I saw an outline of what looked like a man. It was blacker then everything around it. My eyes widened, it was literally a hands length away from my face. I wanted to get the heck out of there, but I couldn't. I was sweating I was so scared. Looking at it, it had no face, but it had the build of a man.

Then out of the black figure came a voice. It wasn't human, it was a metallic kind of sound, but raspy at the same time. "Dan, you left me" I heard that loud and clear, and so did my friend because she screamed. Ok so now I turned around and bolted into the room she was in, grabbed her by the arm and literally dragged her out of the house (not to be mean, because I did not want her scared) we waited in her driveway for 45min until one of her friends came to keep her company. I felt really bad for leaving her but I was scared out of my skin.

PS: As I'm writing this I feel like he is here. If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it.

Other hauntings by Dantheman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dantheman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
ok...thanks for sharing your story with us...i'd like to say that is it your spiritual bodyguard (who protected you) and then you left and went to your friends house but he was left in the house? Mayb that's why he said you left him or mayb because of a past connection? Geez... I can't think...
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Hey guys, I actually had my freind talk to it for me, and he says its only here because I remind him of his son he lost to a drive-by. I don't feel scared, I think its just looking after me
chrisbeliever (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
very interesting and spooky, have you tried talking to it again, if you heard it talk once I'm sure you could hear it again ask it what it wants and try to help if it has a request, keep us posted
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Heh, creepy story. The shcoking thing to me is that it knows your name. I think the best way to go is to confront it and ask what it wants. Keep us updated and stay safe.
-TRG
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Well, I don't think that it is evil, in any way. I don't think it is trying to hurt me, or else I think it would have when I saw it face to face like that.
luvrupurt (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Thats a crazy story... I can't imagine how scared and confused you were. You thought it occupied your home. It followed you. What I would do is tell the spirit to leave you alone. No matter how hard it is you need to make it clear that he is not welcome. I hope he leaves you alone! 😆
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Hello. I have had a similar experience to the one you have. I had a male entity attatch to me. He would just watch me sleep. Creepy! Anyways, I got so fed up with him that I told him that he was not welcome in my home and to go to God. I haven't felt him near me since. Maybe he found his way! I hope this helps you and good luck. Keep us posted! 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Maybe it was her boyfriend's name 😆, kidding. I would pluck up loads of courage, and confront this entity. Why do you say it is protective over you, has something happened? I still feel there maybe a past connection.

Have you tried buring incense, clearing the space of negative energies, this entity has asked you a question, I don't think it is going to leave you alone until you have answered her, I am taking it as it is a female presence, not a man in which case hmmmmmmm
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
I don't know, but I have a feeling it is protective of me. I don't know why. It has never hurt me before. I don't know why it would say my name. I mean how would it even know my name 😭
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
"Dan you left me" A past connection is my first thought. In your second story you say that a jealous husband killed another man, I take it this other man was having an affiar with his wife and caught them together or something on those lines. Question is if it is the wife, why you?
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Why it has attached itself to you is a mystery. There are spirits that do that but I do hope for your sake that you are seeking help. This spirit hasn't moved on, be strong and pray to God it leaves you alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: