You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispers In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers In The Night

 

I live in a very small town in New York. The house I live in is reportedly one of the first built in my town. At one time this house was a saloon and then a school house. I tell you this because it may be relevant to what is happening in my house.

It all started one night when I slept in the room that my two little boys sleep in. My youngest was just born and I was sleeping in there to let my husband sleep through the night. I woke up to feed my son and the closet door, the only closet in the whole house, opened by it self and the closed. I told the spirit, "Not tonight. I'm too tired." I got left alone for a while.

The next occurrence happened while I was in bed and I got the feeling that I was being watched. This continued for several nights and then one night I heard something in my boy's room. It turned out that the lock on their closet, yes I put a lock on the closet, was undone. My boys were too little to reach up there or climb up there. From that night on I kept getting an image of a man in a black top hat and a black over coat. He looked wet to me and angry. He would just watch me as I tried to go to sleep and only when I was alone. If my husband was in the bed with me then the spirit would leave me alone. I finally got fed up with this spirit and told him that he was not welcome in my home and to go to the light. I haven't felt him since.

My husband and I have both seen a woman in white and a little boy in our kitchen. She feels more like she is protecting us so I let her stay. She isn't scary at all, and yes I do feel her and the little boy too.

Another little boy spirit has recently taken up residence in our house. My husband and I were in our bed one night and I heard, "Mommy" whispered. I thought it was one of my children but they were all asleep. So I hurried back to bed and let my husband know. He got freaked out by this. We were about to fall asleep again when we heard, "Mommy" whispered yet again. So I said, "Time for bed. Good night." We had no further whispers that night.

About a week later I had another encounter with this spirit boy. I wasn't feeling well and went to bed before my husband. I was drifting off and I heard it again. "Mommy!" Then I heard, "Look at me." I didn't stick around after that. I ran downstairs and my husband took one look at me and knew something was wrong. I told him and he came to bed with me. My daughter has asked me why I come into her room so much. I only go in there once a night, right before I head to bed. My youngest will talk to somebody that isn't there. That is all that has happened so far...I'm not scared but it is all interesting to me. What do ya'll think?

Other hauntings by raingrl01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, raingrl01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crazydreams (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
Wow the story gave me the chills. I would die of fear if I were in your place. Lol. You are very brave. God bless you and your family
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-13)
you are brave but my friend don't let anything be with you keep rosemary under your children pillow and HOLY WATER with you

God bless you ❤
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Whoa! That is super creepy. I noticed that when my wife travels and I'm home alone, when I go to bed it feels like I'm being watched too! I know the feeling and it's not a pleasant one. Also, the lock on the closet... That gave me the shivers when I read it. God bless you and yours, aloha. ❤ 4d
freakb345 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
hi thanks for sharing your story maybe the little boy died when it was a school house and he is lonely and beggs for a mommy so maybe that's why it says mommy 😭 poor little child that never had a mommy 😭 😭
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Greetings Raingrl01, I gotta hand it to ya, you are a brave soul; most people don't possess the bravery to opening and fearlessly deal with spirits in such a way. The way you talk to ghosts is no different than how I do. I have no fear of them. Unless they can physically touch you, there's nothing to worry about. But wow, the whispering must've been a tad eerie! I've never been confronted with such a thing. Very interesting.
sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Sounds to e like the spirits taken up residece in your home were all connected to the school. Thewoman and the childremn the guy I can't really tell, but from what you tell me he was a restless spirit mabe trying to tell you to get out I have had encounters with spirits that are angry because they fee like I'm taking over there territory.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
KW,
I have been in the house for a little over three years. I just compacted all of the activity into one story and I didn't even get it all in there.

Snowflake,
Yes, I still live in the same house. I like it there. I got rid of the menacing spirit so no more worries about him. As for more occurances, oh yeah. Just last night I was washing my face and I heard footsteps outside of the bathroom door, the door was open, and I had a feeling of being watched so I thought my husband was home. It wasn't him. I hear voices downstairs when I am in bed and cold spots. You never know in my house! Ha! Ha!

Trina,
I try to make my life with these spirits in it. It doesn't bother me at all. I say goodnight to the little boy when I feel him near me and tell him it's time for bed. I think he listens to me because I haven't heard anymore whispers. Yeah!
trina (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
It always breaks my heart to hear stories involving spirt children poor wee mites and I always hope that the can move on and if not mabye they can sort of be accepted into our lives in a small way. 😊
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Had a chill go up my spine. I would've moved out of this house! Lol. But then again, you appear to be braver than me,lol. Do you still live there? If so, any more expierences? Any known background about this house? This might help explain why these "people" are coming around...
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
yo, thanks for sharing your story with us... I must say that just for quite a short period there has been a lot of activity going on in your house... Mind that you have some research about the house done 😕
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
As you can tell by my name... I suggest doing an EVP session. If you want further details on how to do this, let me know. Email me and I will fill you in. I BET you will capture something!
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Hi Raingrl01,


Wow! That sure is a lot of activity for one family to experience! Perhaps your maternal instinct is attracting this child to you?

He sees you attending your children and wants to feel apart of that strong family bond.

Thanks for sharing your story,

Sarah.
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Great story! If it was a school maybe there was an accident with the little boy and you could go to the local library and do research on any deaths that would have occured in your property. The lady in white might just be your gardian angel. I myself have a lady in white that will make her appearance known to others while I am sleeping. I too feel safe so I just assume it is my gardian angel. Good luck!
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Nice story. Have you found any thing about the history of the house? I am from India where a ghost in white is supposed to be an evil spirit-dont ask why, I don't know. I have heard a lot of stories, passed down from my ancestors that a woman in white is a guise adopted by a vampire or the devil himself. My great grand dad is supposed to have had an encounter with a white clad youngish woman. She asked him for a lift on alonely road, when he rode away in his coach, she took on a horrid, ugly form and screeching voice and jumped off the bridge -where she had approached him-leaving no trace, nor even asplashing sound. God bless you.
luvrupurt (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Great story! You should definately research your houses' history further. You just might be able to figure out their names and possibly help them cross over.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Thanks for reading. I did have a question for you. Who is the lady in white? Why would she be here in my house? She seems to calm me down some so I like her. Where would I go to research my house? I have tried to search online but have found nothing. People have told me that my house was a saloon and a school so I will try to find some records and get back to you on that. Again, thanks for reading.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Hi, thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading it. I think the little boy might have lived in that house before. Are you sure it was a salon and a school house before? Because these experiences don't seem to have anything to do with the little boy, the lady in white, and the man. But maybe your right... You should try to research more history about the house. The lady in white is a known kind of spirit that most people have seen. And also it is known that it is a good spirit, I've heard this several times, but I'm not sure if it's
True. There isn't much information about these spirits or figures, but all I can tell you is that you should try to find more research because you seem interested, I am too. =] Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: