You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Pretty Sure He's Still Around

Real Ghost Stories

Pretty Sure He's Still Around

 

I have had experiences throughout my entire life. My family has lived in the same two houses since the early 50's. We have only had one person to die on our property since then and it was my grandfather.

When he was alive he would go around the house and turn off lights that he thought were "unnecessary". When the music or TV was too loud for his liking he would bang on the wall and get us to turn it down. Strangely enough these things still go on until this day.

The Christmas after he died was when it all started. My grandmother liked to sleep on the couch out in the living room so she could fall asleep with the TV going. She would also leave the Christmas tree plugged in so there was more light in the room. Every morning she would wake up and the plug would be out of the wall and no where near the outlet.

My brother and I will be watching TV in my room and it will suddenly turn off. It's not just my TV that does it. My grandmother will fall asleep with the TV on and it will be off the next morning. We have played with the remotes and even tried to figure out if our cats could have somehow turned them off, but there is no way that we can see that would allow them to turn them off.

The most recent thing that happens is when my brother is in his room at night, listening to music (which I will admit is usually too loud). Randomly throughout the night he'll have loud bangs on his door or the wall near his room. I have yet to experience this, and I must admit I'm not sure if I want to.

As I stated before this did not go on before my grandfather passed away so we are almost certain it is him. Before he died my Grandmother asked him to try and contact her or to watch over her if he could; so in a way, I think this is his way of communicating with us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kawaiiamaiai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kawaiiamaiai (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Just as an update on the story... Last night it was around 11 or 12 and I heard a few bangs and loud footsteps in the attic. There is no way anyone can get into the attic unless they walked right in front of me. It's kind of strange the activity has started to pick up this week. Maybe he is trying to tell us something.
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
nice of you sharing your experience with us... I must say that your grandfather is DEFITNITELY still in your house... So why dun you go and try communicate with him... Or maybe go sleep in your bro's room so you can hear the BANG BANG BANG
Kawaiiamaiai (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Honestly we all kind of laugh about it. If something strange happens we all just say "It must have been grandpa." The only person disturbed by this is my brother and that's because he's the only one the bangs happen to. He's also the only one who listens to music so loud our neighbors are probably able to hear it, lol.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Interesting.

Although, slightly annoying. I wouldn't feel threatened. Just take it as him still around.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
That is sweet that your grandfather came back. I hope you feel more comfort from this instead of fear. Dantheman is right, try to talk to him. Good luck! 😊
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Thats very interesting, your grandfather must still be around, still living there with all of you. Maybe just talk outloud to him, let him no he is missed, and thank him for sticking around. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: