You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Witches, Magik Or What?

Real Ghost Stories

Witches, Magik Or What?

 

I have had something strange happen to me over the last few months, and I'd like to share with you, perhaps someone could help me make head or tail of it.

My mom passed away two years ago, and my aunt who's always been highly competitive and jealous of her, passed away a few months ago as well. In life, my mom always said my aunt dabbled in the black arts and stuff, but I rarely believed her (typical, I know now).Well, immediately after my mom's death, this aunt and her family turned hostile and openly attacked me verbally and ABSOLUTELY without reason (or so I thought), ganging up on me and my husband. Now I know it had to with some property matters that are irrelevant here but for the record, I stand to inherit my grandfather's substantial property, if I'm out of the way, these people get my share.

Now...last October, on Halloween (God that sounds corny) I had this strange experience. I and my hubby were at a weekend home we have, I was sleeping with the windows wide open that night, normally I keep just a couple of inches open for air. To cut a long story short, I had the first "night hag" experience of my life. I dreamt (?) a horrible female apparition was trying to hurt me, the experience was so real, I awoke, and am ashamed to say, did not dare open my eyes for fear of what I may see standing by my bed. I may add that I'm normally a bold person, the kind that walks into a dark place with no fear. What struck me at the time was that my hubby was tossing and turning restlessly in his sleep at the same time, he usually sleeps peacefully enough. Another thought that passed through my mind was that it had climbed in through the windows.

Well, a few days later, we saw this jet black cat with green eyes wandering about. The caretakers did not much care for it... Though I didn't believe in the black-cat stuff. Her pelt was black as night, and a couple of times she sat near my window sill, watching me. My attempts at friendship failed... But cats are usually not very friendly, I said to myself.

A few days later, I started to get sick, REALLY really sick, like the bed ridden variety. Now I'm a fairly active gym going person, the doctors were baffled, but after changing a few doctors, I did get better, but am not completely recovered.

Yesterday, my husband who's away on tour had the honor of visiting a famous and revered temple in the hills, the Kamakkha Temple. It's known for its festival in the month of May, I think, when a multitude of Tantriks and witches gather here. Its said a lot of witches fly in internationally just to be here, and the power is phenomenal.

Well, he visited, did a few rituals and rites told to him, perhaps in relation to my health and other problems that have plagued us relentlessly these past two years.

Now, this morning we get a call from the caretaker. Guess what, the black cat was found dead under a lytchee tree this morning. The boys were baffled, how did she die?!? They examined her for bite marks, maybe a snake or something got to her, (highly unlikely), no bite marks, accident is ruled out, and it happened in the garden, for Gods sakes... What happened, nobody knows.

Coincidence? I agree with Oprah... There ARE no coincidences, Or are we all collectively over reacting?

If any of you can help me figure this out, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nightangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
This is the first time I've ever come across this story, it was posted before I became a member. It has peaked my interest only because nothing about this experience seems to have been questioned at all. Myself, I am wondering why any of theses occurrences are related to each other. The mentioning of your aunt dabbling in the black arts as a possible cause for the night hag? I guess it could happen, but it seems more likely an incident pertaining to sleep problems than a hex. That's just my opinion. The black cat sounds like just that, a black cat. It's death being attributed to the black arts only satisfies someone hoping for that type of resolution. I do, however, find it quite puzzling that your husband would go to such lengths to remove a possible hex/curse if both of you didn't truly believe the curse/hex was real. This is puzzling simply because of the way you began telling this experience. As if you didn't really believe in these things, but had somewhere along the way put the "old hag" experience along with a stray cat, into one bag and decided it had to be the black arts. To me it is a very flimsy case, I'm sorry, but it just looks as if you wanted it to be so. Then you looked at any small occurrences that could to make it that way. I didn't want my comment to come off as harsh, but really, these small incidents do not add up to what everyone has so eagerly glommed onto in my humble opinion. It just seems way to simple.

Jav 🤔
Its_me_bhushan (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
What bullshiat comments are given by many people if you don't know then please don't comment
ANd nightangle
The cat died cz it was send to hex your family but fortunately your husband worshiped kamakhyaa devi who give power to witches and black magic and as your husband worshiped her she cast away hex from your family and hence when some hex is casted away elements used to put hex either get destroyed or if its living thing it dies suddenly.
I know all this cz I m a paranormal investigator and I studied every available info on it.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
I hope you did a thorough search of the house you live in or the house that your aunt and her family may have visited and placed something. Glad you are better.
Cherry (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Hi, I've registered in today and I find the stories on this site very interesting and informative. I thankfully haven't come across ghosts in my life and wouldn't like to encounter any but I would like to tell you nightangel is keep a Hanuman Chalisa beneath your pillow and with your finger write hanuman or Ram on your pillow and across your bed before going to sleep as well as at any time. Also if you have a Ma Kali temple nearby go and get a tabeez made which you can wear around your neck at all times. I am sure it will help. Also burn one incense stick each in every room at night and always make sure that you wear clean night wear before going to sleep.
villageboy101 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Wow! Interesting story... My aunt used to live nextdoor to a hag in some remote village in the south. She said she used to see a foggy white goatlike creature with reddish eyes staring at her at night from the hag's place. It seems no one used to venture outdoors after 9 p.m. Due to leopards and other less explainable fears...

Im curious about what your grandpa's property had on it... Maybe prime black magic land?
So, what's the timegap between the cats death and your aunts death. So you stay in Assam if your husband went to kamakhya temple? My aunt was stationed with her husband in guwahati nearby... They stayed there for a couple of years and both came back gloomy and seemed to have lost a bit of something unexplainable...
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Well the cat may of died of its age. Another thing is that it could of been a walking dead which is somthing that is possosed after its death. Your husben may of did an rest ritual to make the cat free from what ever spirte was in the cat. Now that old hag you said that try to kill you may of been (and proboly was) a dream spirte. These are spirtes in the dream world which the harm depends on your spirteral aura. If you have any thing to ask me, give me an e-mail at dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
RandomGuy...yep, you got that right the first time, what I meant is I thought its definitely something weird but my mind refused to accept the explanation that presented itself...

The hag has not repeated her visit, but if she does return, this time I'm ready for her. 😠

Pam.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
NightAngel: Could you say that again please? I don't quite understand. You don't know why you believe why you thought that, is that what your saying? If so, I feel the same. As for the hag, if anythings a figment of your imagination I doubt it's the hag. The fact that your mother died there adds a layerof mystery to the whole thing, but I don't think she has anything to do with it. Has the hag experience happened again? And if it does, let us know.
-TRG
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Raingrl01, that's a great site, there are lots of other things I could learn there besides "old hag syndrome"...but you know what, I was WIDE awake and totally active, I could have made her a cup of tea if I'd wanted to... (poisoned, of course) but I was too chicken. 😆

Thanx a ton,

Pam ❤ ❤
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Kwghost, that seems impossible but now I know nothing really is... Nor improbable...

There are truly stranger things in heaven and earth than our philosophy could fathom...

Pam. ❤
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
I found this website that gives a scientific explanation for what is happening to you if you want to check it out. Http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa112000b.htm

Hope it helps. 😊
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
nice of you to share your experience with us and yea... You know in my opinion what I think about the cat? I think that your aunt made a cat out of her dark magic and she went INTO the catt and tried making you suffer... Seems almost impossible but its possible anywayz 😉
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Thank you Surya, you are knowledgeable indeed. I feel really lucky to have someone like you on my side, and this community is a Godsend for confused and scared souls like me.

Now I'm off to burn some sandalwood, (I have sandalwood, lavender, dragon's blood, also called "lobaan" gathering dust in a drawer. Time to use 'em I guess)
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Hi Nightangel,

Incense clears space of negative/unwanted energies. I also have crystals placed in all the rooms in my home. They absorb negative energies as well as fill the home with positive energies. If you are going to urn incense go for Pure Red Sandalwood.

If you find you are restless at night burn lavender of an incense from the same family as lavender.

You have to do your bit as well, try to overcome the fear, which I no is very hard. If you have any more questions you are more than welcome to email me.
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
BTW...can anybody tell me what's the significance of that cat dying so suddenly and inexplicably? Does this mean the "spell" 😨 is now over?

Sorry about all the questions, but after the spell (lol...that word again) of bad luck that's plagued us, this feels like a lifeline.

You guys ALL are AWESOME... ❤ ❤
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
RandomGuy...if its any consolation, that's exactly what I thought too, only I couldn't for the life of me understand what I meant by what I thought... Does that make any sense?

I thought the hag was a figment of my imagination, but now I'm not so sure, BTW this happened in the same room as where my mom breathed her last...
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
VoxMortuus...completely agree with you that magick is neutral until the caster turns it the way she wants.

Thanx for the comment. 😁
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Raingrl01...it really made my day to know the hag can come back any time,lol...but seriously speaking, there must be SOME way to get rid of it.
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Thank you guys for your responses 😁.

Surya, does burning incense help clear evil forces? Wow...I'll be burning some every evening now, you can bet on that.

Mgtor, you say black magick will "take you over"...does that mean nohing can be done about it? 😢
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
I know little of magik or any of that, but possibly your deseased aunt came in the form of the hag and put a spell on you and the cat was somehow there to make sure the work continued. When your husband went to the temple and performed rites, maybe the spell was broken so the cat died.

Anyway, I truly enjoyed this story and hope all goes well with you.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Whoa... I like this one!
I can't help you much, but if I had to guess, I thought the cat might have been your aunt (stupid, but it's what I thought) coming back to get you, but since it was found dead, I'm not so sure. 😕 About the hag, though, I think it could be your aunt more than the cat was. My suggestion: get your house leansed and put up religious items of your beliefs around your house to ward it off.
Good luck, and I hope things get better.
-TRG
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Interesting story. In cases like these, a lot of times the occurences are a blend of a two way street: a real entity trying to be known, and the willingness or psychological vulnerability of the witness (you). So in other words, it takes two to tango. There is a saying in Witchcraft that goes "You are only as safe as your psyche allows". I think it is pertinent in your story, and maybe some good advice. Have you considered doing a cleansing and protection for yourself, or having someone do it with you?

A couple of added points. As Surya pointed out, magic that is not the stage performance/sleight of hand thing, is called "magick" with a "k". Also, and this is a controversial topic, there is no such thing as white or black magick. Magick is neutral. It is only positive or negative due to the motivations and intentions of the one wielding the spellwork.

Good luck to you.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
When you are talking about black or white magick, it is spelled with a k at the end of it.
dancingmist107 (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
i love the story. It is kind of weird though. By the way you spelt magic wrong.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
The hag is very dangerous. Those who see her tend to go downhill fast. Be alert for her. Have you cleansed your home? I hope so. Even if you haven't seen the hag in a while, she can come back anytime. I hope the black magick died with the cat. I also hope that you regain your strenth. Good luck to you and your family. Keep us posted. 😊
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
I enjoyed your story. I am glad your husband cleared your path of any wrong doing that was put on you and your family. Black Majik is very real and dangerous because it will take over you. Wow the black cat found dead was amazing maybe the black Majik died with it. Good luck and keep strong with your family matters.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Well I have to admit this is a brilliant story, well written, one I truely enjoyed reading. Black Majik unfortunately it exists, I have seen a lot of it myself as well as had people try to do it to me. As Logan says very dangerous. I am glad things are returning back to normal now. If you don't already do it, burn incense in your home to clear it and keep it clear of evil forces. I use crystals as well as protection and up until now they have protected me well and continue to do amongst other things. The old hag you saw, seriously I can relate to that, I saw one not so long ago outside my bedroom window. One UGLY thing. That is another story.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Hey Nightangel...

I have had my share with the black magic bit (read my story, you will know)...and trust me these things can be so dangerous. My mom was almost immobile due to the who HEX BAG thing. Its horrible what people inflict on others out of jealousy or some stupid feud...: (

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: