You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: School Office Spooks

Real Ghost Stories

School Office Spooks

 

I have always known that I have a "third eye." I can tell and feel when a certain place is haunted... Either through unusual feelings of extreme cold on very hot days, or by virtue of dizzy spells or headaches - right at the very moment I enter a spooked place.

This story is definitely not a product of my imagination, although I have heard numerous ghost stories that took place within the area.

I studied for 17 years at a prestigious exclusive girls' school in the Philippines - from nursery up to 4th Year College. In all my years of studying, I don't remember encountering any supernatural stuff, although I occasionally felt a chill whenever I entered any of its comfort rooms.

When I decided to leave my stable job as a bank officer, I finally shifted to the career I always wanted - a writing job at a television network. However, most television shows have a very short shelf life, and after my show was axed, I found myself jobless - and desperate. It was, however, at this point that I got an offer from my former school to work as their media officer - a job which I thought would help me stay in touch with my friends in the broadcasting industry, and at the same time, help me get over this lull in my TV career.

I find it very difficult to write good articles when there is so much noise around me. I had the misfortune of sharing an office with another manager and her two secretaries who were noisy and loud almost all-day long. For fear of not producing the stories I had to submit, I would purposely stay after office hours, and enjoy writing in peace - sometimes until 12 midnight. Being the media officer, I had a small television which I kept on, just to keep me company as I pounded on my keypad.

My desktop computer is against a window along the main driveway of the school. Of course, since it's way past school hours, the driveway is deserted, safe for a few pedestrians who use a nearby bridge from an adjoining exclusive boys' school to get to the main road where public transportation is more accessible.

I would occasionally see groups of laughing students, sometimes priests passing by, and this is normal. However, I got unusual chills one night when I noticed a woman passing by. She was very pretty, with long hair, and she was moving at a very steady pace - not even looking around to observe the sights and sounds around the school. As I gave her a second and third glance, I noticed that her feet were not touching the pavement! She was floating on air! Jeez, I immediately picked up the telephone and called for the school guards, and when they came, sure enough, they were no longer surprised. It seems that this lady is a constant visitor of the school.

On one other night, again, I noticed a vertically-challenged olive-skinned man pass by. Nothing unusual, in my opinion... But I noticed that he was wearing an unusual pin-striped suit, one with a long coat tail, similar to those worn by men in the early 1900's. He was wearing a top hat, too - very unusual, because hats are not too popular in this country... A top hat, at that. When I stood up to stare at him, he turned his head and smiled at me... And disappeared!

One would think that these experiences would be enough to make me quit my job, but I guess the best one was still in store for me...

I vowed not to face the cursed window at night, ever! So I purchased my own laptop and worked on my table, this time unmindful of the spooky passersby who always distracted me from writing the things I needed to finish. Hard at work, I began to hear noises from my fellow manager's cubicle. I decided to ignore them, thinking that there may be some unruly students practicing until late at night at the nearby hallway.

It was really hard to ignore the noises so I stood up to check on what might be causing them. Imagine my horror when I saw 4 computer swivel chairs moving around on their own! I screamed so hard and ran out of my office barefoot. Apparently my scream alerted the school's roving guards and they ran to my office to find out what happened. As I struggled to tell my story, I was scared they'll think that this "respected" school administrator was crazy! They never found the story ridiculous. As it turns out, very similar incidents have taken place on numerous occasions already all over campus.

Safe to say, after submitting a 30-day notice, I resigned from my post. But would you still believe me if I told you that some of these spirits "followed" me home?...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cokegirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Maybe it was a practical joke by the ghosts. It may have been a student ghost as well. As for the lady and man you saw, is it possible they were teachers? They may have also been the owners of the school at one point. I think they followed you hokme but they're nothing to be scared of. 😁
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
i would have love to see if the ghost follow you home, keep us updated ^^ and thanks for sharing your experience with us... Have you found out about the history of the school? It might have been built on a graveyard...
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Yeah, I'm willing to believe the spirits followed you, and I'd love to hear about it. So, yeah, keep us updated.
-TRG
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Spirits constantly follow people home. It is very common. I live by a graveyard and I like to walk through it. I feel like history is all around me in a graveyard. I always say a prayer when I walk in and a prayer when I walk out. One particular night as I said my prayer I heard a crash by a crypt on the hill by me. So I think a spirit was following me until I prayed and asked them not to. If you think a spirit has followed you home then the next time you feel it around you, tell it that it is not welcome and to go to the light or to God. This should help. Good luck. Let us know. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: