You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Aunt Does White Magic

Real Ghost Stories

Aunt Does White Magic

 

Here is another story I would like to share.

I have an Aunt who has this weird belief. She does cleansing with chicken blood as well as lots of other rituals. I believe she calls it white magic. They wear these colorful beaded necklaces you are not allowed to touch. She also has all these saints and pictures surrounded by fruits, candy, small pumpkins, and glasses of water and lots of beautiful flowers. It is really hard to explain as I do not participate in these rituals.

Here is what I wanted to share about this story.

Last year on Dec. 6th of 2008 my cousin (her daughter) who also participated in these rituals died of a heart attack at the age of 31. The weird thing is that she never had any heart problems. However she was over weight so that might have something to do with it. She didn't survive she died in the living room of my aunt's house. We were all very sad and taken by surprise as we did not expect this to happen. Seven months after that I was driving home from work it was getting a little dark, when I saw my aunt sitting on the steps of a business building across the street from my house. There was a lot of traffic as I live near a busy area. She was screaming and crying so loud I was almost embarrassed. I immediately parked my car and jumped out to go towards her. She started hitting her head on the rail of the steps. I pulled her up and told her to go inside my house. She refused so I stayed with her and calmed her down. It took a good 15 to 20 minutes before she was finally calm.

Eventually I took her home but as I walked into her kitchen entrance I felt a cold chill running down my back it made me shiver. In her living room she had set up a table with a huge picture of my cousin and her ashes among other things. However as I got closer to the living room I felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness. I don't know how to explain it but it was very strong like it made me feel miserable right away. I left straight away, I didn't stay long. It took me a long time to go back ti my aunt's house because of that weird feeling I got when I walked in the house.

Several months later maybe about four months, my Dad who was living with me at the time told me my aunt was having a party and he wanted me to go. I explained to him the feeling I got when I was at my aunt's house, he laughed it off and told me not to get into the weird stuff they believe. Eventually I decided to go with my Dad and my husband. We were all in the back yard as I refused to go into the house because of the weird feeling I got. Here is the weird thing. I was standing by the entrance of the back door of the house which leads into the kitchen talking to my cousin and all of sudden I started crying really crying like someone died or something. I told my husband maybe I was drunk let's and just go home please. We finally left but I could never explain the emotions I was going through. This all happened in the month of July.

There was another party held there on November 17th to celebrate my cousin's birthday. My aunt was dressed in white with a red scarf. Once again I was overwhelmed by the feeling but this time I stayed. My husband kept saying let's go he was bored. Something kept me there to stay long enough. We were dancing Mexican salsa all having a good time. My Dad was joking around as always and then he made his turn and collapsed on the floor.

There are eight children but only two of us were at the party at the time. It was only 8:30pm and usually the rest get there later. Me and my sister Judy thought he was joking around again so she told him to get up and stop playing around. He didn't respond so I ran to him along with my uncle and everyone else to try to see what was happening. My cousin started to do CPR and my crazy aunt started screaming my deceased cousin's name asking her why him it was supposed to be me. I was totally freaked out.

My Dad passed away that day it was a great loss for us since we lost our mother when I was 17 and I am one of the oldest children.

Here is where I am wondering.

My aunt wore white with a red scarf that day. Her beliefs are that when you want a spirit to see you, you have to wear white with a red scarf. I am wondering could she have done something and thought her daughter was going to come back for her but took my Dad instead.

Why did I keep getting those feelings, was it a warning?

I haven't stopped at her house since. There have been two deaths in that house now my cousin and my father who both died of a heart attack.

Would she have any powers to have something this bad happened?

Other hauntings by mgtor

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mgtor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chocologic (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
That's horrible!

Take care, hun!

White magick? Nope. That is black magick. Why? Because people died from it.

Luv ya!
rootwomin (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
if you want to know more about santeria and it's limits and how it works, you may want to contact a reputable santera or santero.

People who don't practice can rarely, if ever, answer questions of this type very well as far as how the religion works.

As a practitioner of a similar path, I can say that many people have the idea that it is about hexing and cursing due to television, borders bookstore, and a few strange stories-however the faith is much more than that and has many more facets than the sensational.

Good luck in your quest.
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
thanks for sharing your experience with us... That was quite an emotional story -wipes tears- anyway I think actualy in certain culture activities there are some stuff that are true... The stuff about your aunt though...-shivers- have you ever asked your other family members about her background? It might help a bit to know what she would be planning in case she wears another white dress with a red scarf...
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. Godstrength. I seriously think you need to keep away from your aunt, (why is it always aunts?). I think you were probably tapping in on to the strong vibes of misery that surrounded her and her home...

BTW, great story and superbly written.

❤ Pam.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
I am sorry for both of your losses, I think your aunt may have gotten a little to far into the Santeria and may not know how to handle the forces she has conjured up. My suggestion is not to have contact with her at this time. She may have some serious dark forces at work around her. I am sure her intention was not to work any kind of black magic, but you never know what you may get when dealing with the dead and spirits. I will keep all of you in my prayers be strong and keep your faith.
Zukismom
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Yes I would say Santeria too. I don't know much about voodoo or Santeria but it does sound like this practice could unbalance someone. When people get into ritual instead of the spiritual I think it can become a compulsive, obsessive pattern that can lead to paranoia and negativity. They are always worried if they have done everything right to achieve the right effect. Religion or should I say faith should bring us comfort not torment. My condolences for the loss of your father and cousin. Do I think what your aunt is into had anything to do with those 2 deaths? No, I don't. I don't believe anyone but God has that kind of power and I don't think anyone can manipulate God's power either. I hope your aunt finds a better way of dealing with her grief. Blessings to you all.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Not to nitpick, but there is no such thing as white or black magic. Magic (sometimes spelled "magick") is neutral. Gray. What makes it positive or negative rests with the intention of the spellweaver.

Think of it like a shovel - a tool. You can use it to plant a garden, or you can use it to bash over someone's head.
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
No we really haven't talked to her because of the weird experience of my father's passing it has been really weird and kind of of scary. I have stayed away from her for now until I can understand more of what effects she can have on the living with her practices she does. In the past she had mentioned to us that when we try to communicate with a spirit we should always wear all white and wear a beautiful red scarf because that is the only way they will see us. So when my father passed away after we buried him my sister's and I stayed together at one of their homes to mourn and support each other of our loss. We talked about that night over and over and realized she was wearing all white and a red scarf and going back to her reactions and how she behaved that night and we were all kind of of freaked out. She had tried to drag us (my siblings) into her practice belief and two of my siblings tried it for a while but were freak out and stopped. I myself never cared for it nor was I ever afraid of it until all of this started to happen. She claims to be phsychic and can see spirits. She also tells us tales of her encounter with the devil. So she is a little out there if you ask me.
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Her it was suppose to be her she kept screaming. Once we buried my father I was talking to my sisters and we were all kind of freaked out on how she reacted.
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
It sounds to me like your Aunt is practicing a form of Voodoo or Santeria.
I don't think she intended any harm on your Dad but I really don't have an answer for you as to why she did what she did the day he crossed. I will send you healing light and prayers.

Hugs,
Joanne

Www.myangelspeak.com
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
"my crazy aunt started screaming my deceased cousin's name asking her why him it was supposed to be me"
Is "me" her or you?
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
That is very weird. I'm sorry for your loss. Have you asked your aunt what happened? Why she was wearing those colors that day? I hope everything turns out all right for you. Good luck! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: