You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Gran I Never Met

Real Ghost Stories

The Gran I Never Met

 

This happened when I was very young around 7-11.

My old house was very odd and spooky. It had 5 floors and was surrounded by woods. I was asleep in bed and my mum's cat was on the bed as well.

In the early hours of the morning between 2am to 4am I was awoken by my cat clawing my arm. I looked into the corner ceiling of my room to see a floating woman. She wasn't in full size. I could see her gown, her face and her grey flowing hair. She spoke to me and said "get out of my bed".I'm pretty sure her lips didn't move at the time but I am not 100% sure. I told her to shut up and went back to sleep.

When I woke in the morning I ran into my mother's room a little confused. I asked her who owned my bed. She told me it had belonged to my great gran. I asked my mum if she looked like the person I had seen during the night and my mother was confused and replied "yes". She was confused because I had never met or seen the great gran. Weird or what?

My mum's mother also had a visit from the great gran (the great gran being related through my dad's side). My Nan said she had sat at the end of the bed, and looking back now I can remember being really young and feeling the bed springs reacting oddly at different times.

This isn't the only thing to happen in a strange way in my old house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mikey2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Hahahaha. That story gave me a food laugh. Not much love lost between you and your not-so-departed great grand ma. Hahahaha that was good!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
I do believe it was your gran that came to visit with you for a bit. You felt you weren't in any danger so tells me the spirit was friendly. Maybe she just wanted to see what you looked like.

Objects often are great memories of people gone by. Some spirits don't like others in let's say their bed or rocking chair, what ever was their favorite at the time, before they died is the same after they die.

I use to have an old buffet my brother found in a junk pile. He gave it to me. One day while cleaning it up, and the top had a face on it. When ever I polished it up, the face appeared.

After a time the face didn't appear again. So perhaps the spirit was satisfied it was, being kept up like it was when they had it.
dancingmist107 (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
wow for being that young that was brave on telling her to shutup and go back to bed. I would be scared and run to my mom. That is weird that you saw her when never saw her in real life.scary.
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
lol nice story of you meetin your great grandma and thanks for sharing your experience with us 😁 let's hope you meet her again
mikey2 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
yea well I guess at the time I was too tired to realise what was happening or be afraid. I remember her being very " white" and I didn't feel threatened at all.
Just wierd how I could describe a deceased relative to my mum who I had never met or seen.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Seems like there can be furniture/objects that can carry some kind of essence. Whatever it was it carried nothing malevolent or I'm sure your reaction would have been much different. If the description matched a family member I don't think you have anything to worry about. A friend of mine had an antique sleigh bed from a relative and her daughter complained about it shaking and also about vivid dreams when she slept in it. Another essence making itself known? I don't know but she didn't like the bed.
chrisbeliever (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
awesome story, you shouldn't talk to your gran like that lol, kind of creepy your parents would get a bed for that was owned by your deceased grandmother
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Yes very brave of you to tell it to shut up and then go back to sleep! 😆 Seems a bit odd.
😊
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Hi mikey2,

Wow, for a 7 year old you were very brave! I think if that had of been me at that age I would of started crying!😭

Thanks for sharing your story,

Sarah.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: