You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Can't Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Can't Sleep

 

My name is Gabriel. I'm 17 and for the past few years when I'm sleeping I will wake up and I can't breath. I have to force myself to move which is hard, it feels like something is pinning me down. Sometimes when I wake up like this I see my clock and the time is 3:33am. I'm not sure if it's the time this happens to me all the time but when I do see my clock that's the time.

The reason why I'm posting this is because last night I woke up to this again the thing that was different was that I could hear a very rasp voice yelling "help me" and it felt like I was spinning and the only thing I could see was a blurred image of my couch (because I sleep in the living room floor) but I felt myself spinning.

I think these "haunting" started when I was 14 or 15, not sure on the age but I use to live in a two story house. When my family moved they stopped for awhile but then when I would be sleeping over at a friends house I would wake up feeling like someone was pinning me down but it would last for a seconded or two. It wasn't as long as it was when I lived at the old house. So yeah they stopped but last night like I said before, it happened again in my new house

I just need someone to help me.

I don't know if you people care or not but I like hanging out with friends playing my guitar I'm not some crazy kid who hangs out in graveyards or anything. I like listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, RHCP, oldies etc.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Straycat1991, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FaBIanJiMeNEz (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
I usually sleep like at 4:00am (xbox360!) one time I was playing GTA and all of a sudden the electricity went out of course I got mad (didn't save game) scrambling for a flash light I found one turning it on every picture was upside down this happened twice at 3:33...its really weird 😕
LilyDaisy513 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
I was told 2 different things 24:00am (Midnight) or 03:00am is Dead Time. Aetv.com/paranormalstate.com says 03:00am is and others says 24:00 is when the spirits are more active. Either ways to me it doesn't matter because both times do it for me. There must be something that happened somewhere or somewhen at 03:33am. Why don't you research it? It seems that someone or something it trying to get your attention. It or they might be asking for help. Going to a medium might help. I myself do meditation during the day and before getting into bed or falling asleep. It helps me.
Erickson (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
There is nothing special about 3 am. The whole "3am is the time of the demon" is just something that was made up by religious fanatics that take the opposite of anything religious and say it's evil. There's nothing stating anything about 3am in any religious texts of any kind. People watch way too much tv and pay way too much attention to movies like Amityville Horror where the possessed person wakes up everyday at the same exact time. I once woke up every morning at 4am for an entire month for no reason other than the fact that my mind decided 4am was my time to wake up. Talk to your doctor and ask about sleep paralysis, as well as possibly taking a sleep study if you would be willing. During a sleep study they usually have you do it for an entire week. They have you stay in a room with someone monitoring you the whole night. They hook you up to some machines that monitor heart rate and brain activity as well as other things.
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Gabriel, this really sounds like sleep paralysis. My ex-best friend experienced this and my boyfriend used to have this happen when he slept on his back, usually after a nap. He absolutely will NOT sleep on his back anymore because of that and terrible nightmares.

Anyway, think of sleep paralysis as your mind shutting your body down so you can't do what you are dreaming. Your body is paralyzed while you sleep, (during a certain phase of the sleep cycle) and at the times the paralysis or "attack" is felt, you are halfway between sleep and being awake, but your mind has not told your body to move again. Thus the feeling of being held down or choked. Also, hallucinations, auditory or visual are common, which could explain what you heard.

I don't know about the 3:33 but perhaps if you go to sleep the same time every night, or wake up around the same time in the morning, your body has it's own alarm set.

Hope this helps to ease your mind. It really helped my boyfriend because his family told him it was a demon on him. It's most likely nothing to fear, but it never hurts to strengthen your relationship with God if you have one. Nothing but good can come from that.
Phantom94 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
So strange that you always woke up at 3:33 am. I just want you to know, that 3:00 am (AS I KNOW) is the time when the demons, or spirits, or anything you called them, wakes up... Someone said that it's the reverse of Jesus's time of death, you know, Jesus died at 3:00 pm...
Phantom94 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
So strange that you always woke up at 3:33 am. I just want you to know, that 3:00 am (AS I KNOW) is the time when the demons, or spirits, or anything you called them, wakes up... 😨
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Best bet here is sleep paralysis and maybe even a touch of sleep apnea. If you don't know what either of those are, do a search on google and study up on it.
InvisibleRaider (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Ow that's strange. Almost everytime I notice that the time is 22:22.
22 Is my badluck number. And my birthday is at 22th.

But I think it is good to talk about it! ❤ ❤
BlackKitty7 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
It sounds like sleep paralisis to me too. About the time, probably for some reason you would always try to wake up at the same time?.

My sister and I used to have sleep paralisis when younger also. At first, I was very scared. I would feel like someone was holding me, and I would try to scream and move, and I just wouldn't be able to. After having the same experience for several times, I found out that there was nothing I could do to fight it, so the next time it happened, I just told the entity "Just do your business, and get out of here... I want to sleep". Then I just relaxed my mind and body (just let it hold my body... Now I don't remember if there was more than just holding my body) and went back to sleep. The next morning I just wake up as normal. I just found that there was nothing to be afraid of.

I might have some more episode of sleep paralisis after that, but I wasn't afraid anymore.
Paranormal_Raven (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
You're not alone Gabriel. Things like that have only happened to me twice and I heard a voice once during those times. Do as raingirl says to see if you can find out more about this spirit. As for 3:33, all I know is 3:00am is a time of evil, the opposite time Chirst died (3:00pm), It might be possible that this time is associated with a demon of some sort? Not entirely sure. It could mean something else
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
I'm Amanda, and 17 too. These things often happen to me too when I wake up in the middle of the night. I feel dizzy and it's hard to move, but I'm just thinking it's sleep paralysis.
One night a few years ago, the first night that it happened, my brother came into my room just after I was able to move again, probably around four in the morning (he's a year older than me and has insomnia and likes to hang out in my room if I'm awake if he can't sleep) and noticed I was slightly freaked out. So I told him what happened and he said it happens to him too, pretty often and that it's just sleep paralysis, and explained to me what it was. It didn't even occur to me that it could've been something "paranormal" until I came across stories like these on this website.
Anyways, (and yes, there is a point to this comment) I'm thinking it's probably just sleep paralysis. I also agree with Verleus, you should maybe get a check up to make sure, you know, nothings wrong. But I honestly think there's nothing to worry about!
Goodluck, Amanda
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
I'm going to go with sleep paralysis. Often when I experience it, it is around the same time (although has happened if taking a nap) and I hear voices sometimes as well
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
yep,as raingirl says, it seems very much like a case of sleep apralysis except the 3:33 thing and the voice. But, as far as I know,3:33 is not a number to signify anything haunted. Have you told about this to anyone? If not, first get a check up and then, if it isn't anything medical science can explain, think about paranormal stuff.
Hope you recover soon,
Verleus
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
You are not crazy. Believe it or not these things happen to a lot of people. We are all here to help you. Get some sage and cleanse your house. Burn incense in your house. Hang religous relics and maybe wear a cross. It doesn't sound like the hag because you haven't seen the old woman. Have you? It may be a spirit that has attatched itself to you. Or it could be sleep paralysis, which was what I was leaning towards until you said you heard someone/thing say help me. Get a tape recorder and set it up where you sleep and see if you catch anything on that. You can also video tape yourself sleeping. That would be good too. Good luck. Hope it all helps. Keep us posted.😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: