You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Pup And The Man Upstairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Pup And The Man Upstairs

 

I don't remember this experience but my mother told me about it when I was old enough to understand.

When I was two years old my parents, myself, and my little sister (she was a newborn at the time) lived in a two-storey duplex. My parents bought a painting at the Stanislaw's County fair and hung it on the wall high enough so that I couldn't reach it. The next day there were scratches in the painting. The TV. Would go on and off by itself and things would disappear and then reappear in a different spot.

The culmination of this "haunting" happened while my dad was at work, he worked nights. So it was just my mother, my baby sister, and me.

My mom was sitting down watching TV. When I came and started to tug her off of the couch. I told her that I wanted to play with the puppy. We didn't have a puppy. She asked me to show her where the puppy was. I led her to the stairs and pointed up there and told her that the man wanted me to go get his puppy and then I could pet it. She asked me where the puppy was and I then pointed to a vent that led to our basement. She told me that my eyes turned red when I told her these things. Needles to say, she grabbed my sister and me and hightailed it out of there. We sat in the car at my dad's job until he got off of work and moved the next day.

My mom told our neighbour, an elderly lady, what had happened and this is what the woman had to say. Back when everything was still segregated a black family lived where we currently lived. They were all burned alive in the house. Creepy. That was my first spiritual encounter.

Other hauntings by raingrl01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, raingrl01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crazydreams (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
Wow...creepy. I think you did the right thing when you moved out of that haunted house.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
OH WOW, how freaky... I've seen similar things happen myself. I'm glad that experience came and went, because that's creepy.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Erickson,
Thanks for the info on the t.v. I didn't know that. Maybe that can explain some things. As for floorplans and more info on the house, my parents don't remember the address or exactly where the place was. It was a bad time in our life. But thanks for the input!
Erickson (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Here's the deal with the TV and radio thing. These things should really be left out of ghost stories cause this is not usually a paranormal phenomenon. Unless of course it happens when it's unplugged. Now a days everything runs on some sort of frequency. TVs, radios, dvd players, microwaves. These all have frequencies which control them to some extent. With all the different frequencies and remotes controlling those frequencies this is a fairly common issue. Stray frequencies are picked up by different utilities and these stray frequencies tend to have effects on these things.

Now for the ghost portion of this story, this one is not so hard to believe. As a matter of fact most hauntings tend to be noticed by children before anyone because of the fact that their brains are still developing. They don't know for sure what is real and what is not real nor do they have specific types of beliefs or morals. They know what's right and what's wrong based off what the parents teach them, which leaves them open to so many different concepts and energies. It would be great to get a little more information on this house. You should ask your mother the address of this house and see if you can get any information. Try to get some floor plans even and see what was changed in the house after this fire. Assuming there really was a fire there had to be some damage to the house which would require some extensive repairs and possible remodeling of the house. The only real strange thing I take from this story is the fact he not only asked you to find the puppy, but he told you where to find it. Stories of this nature generally end with the apparition asking for help or help finding something specific, but never give a general location. From what I've read about the whole red eye thing, it's different from story to story. Some say the redness is more like a redish hue to the skin around the eyes, others say it's a full on redness of the actual eye itself. Perhaps the severity of the redness depends on the intention of said spirit or whatever could be around at that time.
ahhitscaty (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
This story makes me wonder wether the man had a good intent or bad. The red eyes in most stories seem to be VERY bad. But I'm unsure of this because a lot of stories are very fake. Maybe red eyes are only a sign of the presence of spirits. Its kind of interesting to think about:)
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Katie,
You weren't being mean. I take all comments with a grain of salt. I'm not sure whether I was possesed or not. I was only two and this was a retelling. I mom told me about this a while ago. She said it was just my pupils that got red not the whole eye. At that point she grabbed me and my sister and got out of that place. Thanks for the comment. 😊
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Did you mean you got posessed by a deamon? Becase it sounds like it not to be mean or anything. 😕
Togetic (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Love your storys. Thanks for looking at my story and yes
I will add more stories about the house. 😊
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
I'm not sure if the house remained in tact. I'm thinking not though. It could have been rebuilt. I don't think it was my imagination thought. My mom doesn't seem to think it was. Thanks for the input hobbyholly! 😊
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Burned alive? Did the house remain in tact?
And this puppy... Could have it been a child's imagination?

Thanks for sharing
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Hello Ciel and Verleus. I am not sure if it was my pupils or the whole eye. My mom doesn't like to talk about it. She told me that I wasn't acting like myself so I am not sure. It could have been the painting, but my parents got rid of it because it was ruined.

No, I do not live in that house. Not even in the same state. 😆 My parents moved us out the next day. We stayed with relatives until we found another place. I will ask my mom these things and see what she says. I will let ya'll know.
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
eyes turning red-but eyes only turn red when an evil entity posesses you... If that ghost was an evil entity, then would he have left you so easily? And if the black family was burnt to death, then how could the man have been an evil entity? I got an impression that this all had something to do with the painting... Do you still live there?
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Sounds creepy... Eyes turning red? Is this to say your pupils became red, or that they turned red as in became irritated?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: