You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Walking In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Walking In The Hallway

 

I'm not even sure where to begin! I think that there may be something following my son and me, but I'm not too sure.

When my son was 4 years old, we went to a cottage on an island with my friend. My son woke up in the middle of the night screaming that he could see a "little man" wearing coveralls and a hat. He was 4 so we just chalked it up to age.

When he was 10 and we were living in our townhouse with my new husband and baby, he told me that when he was getting ready for school (home alone), he saw something speed behind him into my bedroom. This really scared him and happened more than once.

I would notice when I went to bed at night, it would sound like someone was walking in the hallway towards my bedroom. You know that sound you get when the floor in front of a closed door sounds like someone is stepping there? That's it! That and the fact that I had a touch lamp in my room and would turn it off at night and then wake up in the middle of the night to find it was one and I was no where near it!

These types of things have continued in our new home. My bedroom is quite large and I'm positive that someone has opened the door and entered my room, but when I get up, no one was there! What is this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, christyg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Sometimes when a person sucha s your son that is sensitive to the energy around him the energies can attact itself to you in away. What you need to do is have a cleansing in your home.
christyg (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Thank you all for everything! I did forget to mention a few other things, like feeling like someone was tugging on my big toe when I was waking up one morning and the fact that when I would be washing my hair in the bathtub and leaning over, it would seem like someone was behind me but when I looked, no one would be there...
lizzlie (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
about the touch lamp... Do you have pets? I have seen cats learn how to operate touch lamps.

Also, the ones I had would turn on if the power flashed. That doesn't mean the power actually has to flash... Outlets can be bad, causing intermittent connections, especially in older houses.

Heck, I even had one that shorted out and SHOCKED me when I turned it on. It never would turn off after that, but don't ask me why I was brave enough to TRY to turn it off...
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Hmm, well I think it might just be a child's imagination to be honest. Touch lamps are just technology, un-perfected, I'd like to add. There is probably a lot of stuff that could cause those things to malfunction.

If you want another idea, here is one... There is a old world faith (and I forget the name), that believes a family is watched over for, cared for and protected by a type of guardian. And this guardian usually resembles a small gentleman about the same description you advised.

Whatever the case, imagination or spirit, it doesn't sound evil or bad, so I'd learn to live with it and get along with it.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Raingrl01 has the right idea. Take her advice. This is disturbing though, something attaching it to you and/or your son. I suggest you do as Raingrl says and burn some sage, have your house blessed and such.
Good luck and stay safe!
BTW: Don't think a kids not telling the truth because of age, they tend to see things more often than us, it seems 😉
-TRG
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
It sounds like something has attatched itself to your son and/or you. The next time you feel like something is there tell it that it is not welcome in your home and that it needs to go to the light or to God. Also, you can cleanse your house by burning sage. Hope this helps and good luck! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: