You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Haleys Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Haleys Ouija Board

 

The story I am writing happened to me between the ages of 11-14.I can tell you this will most likely have to be broken down in to several stories. This is the worst of my paranormal experiences, so enjoy.

As a kid I was always the weird girl that nobody wanted to play with, so upon my fifth grade graduation my mother moved us to a nice neighborhood in hopes that I would make friends. I didn't make any friends until the summer.

There was a corner store that was a 5 minute walk from my house that I use to go and get Dr. Pepper and boiled peanuts from all the time. I was walking to the store one day and there was a girl outside, she stopped me and wanted to play 50 questions with me. At that point in time I wasn't as outgoing as I am now. So I answered her questions, and asked her if she wanted to walk with me. She went in to ask her mom and we left. When we got back she invited me in and asked me if I wanted to play a game. We went in and I called my mom to tell her where I was. Ruth went to her room to get the game and I was thinking it would be life or monopoly. She came out with a Ouija board. I asked her what that was, it didn't look like much fun to me. She explained to me how it worked and we tried it out. Little did I know this was the first in a series of events that would rock my little world.

Ruth and I spent the majority of our summer vacation asking silly questions about middle school and people that we would meet. One particular question that I asked was "will I make any new friends, and can you give me any names?" It gave me the name of a boy Bob Thomas. At first I didn't believe it and eventually I forgot about it. School finally came back around and about a month in to school a student transferred into some of my classes, he was introduced as Bob Thomas. I was in shock to say the least. After school I told Ruth what happened and she was at a loss, once again we consulted the board. As the school year went on she got bored with playing with the board, and gave it to me.

I started to play alone and sometimes with other people like my sister. It became an addiction for me, at the time it calmed my thin nerves. This time of my life was very turbulent, and whatever was talking to me fed off my sadness and anger. As the year went on and summer came back I only got worse, I would ask it to give me signs of its presence, and it would knock or a light would flicker. Eventually I was so deep into it

I would ask it when someone was coming or if I should do this or not. I wish I would have said no to playing this stupid thing. Sometimes I wonder if I may have been possessed by it. I can't say why I was so addicted to it but my sister finally got rid of it.

Thank you for reading my story, and never play with the Ouija board it is dangerous.

I will have more for you soon.

Other hauntings by haleybug

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haleybug, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
I try not to judge people that didn't do anything to hurt anyone. I'm just another human, I don't have that right. I just try to understand. At least you learn from the things you do. There are many, many people in this world that don't.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
sorry the last comment I misspelled a word
*thank you* 😆 😆 sorry again
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
childofthelotus,
Tank you very much.
#1 for not being condecending
#2 for understanding what the point of my story was.
I very much appreciate your kindness. 😁
❤ love haley
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Fragmaster, Haleybug didn't ask to be treated like she was a moron. She's not. She learned from her mistake using the board, and warns others not to use it. Don't tell her what God thinks, because you are not God. Haleybug believes in forgiveness, and you have no room telling her that she's wrong.

Haley, I'm glad you learned from your experience. It's very lucky that worse things didn't result from using the board. Good story, I enjoyed reading it.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
fragmaster,
I really hate psyco "christians" who think that they know it all and they really know nothing. If you were really a christian you would know that god and jesus forgives no matter what as long as you askfor it, and once saved that can never be taken away. I really don't think it is up to you to judge any one as I doubt you're perfect your self, because if you were you would not be on earth now would you? So next time you think that every one is ignorant to the christian belief system maybe you will think twice.
Thanks haleybug
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
And those that do this "Witchcraft" as I like to call it and say a little "prayer" to god to protect them from evil spirits to me they are mocking Jesus and God.
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I hate how people think that the lord will protect those that break his laws and hope that he will protect them while they are breaking his laws and doing WITCHCRAFT all you are doing is summoning up demons from hell. The bible says not to do this kind of thing. What EVER you call it Jesus still calls it WITCHCRAFT no matter what you call it it is all evil in the eyes of God. I will never touch one of these things.
normal1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
ouija boards are what I like to call"contact"...it gets you trapped into it to a point where you think that you can't live without it... Thank you for your share of the expirience... I now know I'm not crazy.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
playdoughmaster,
Listen but I think people like you are rude and condescending. You make you self out to be something that you certinly are not. I post my experiances for people to read and if thay help some one great if not then atleast I tried. So if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all. I speak my mind as well but I can do so in a polite way, maybe you should learn to do so.
thanks haleybug
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Listen I'm sorry but people like you manipulate the board. You ask it all of these silly little answers and you don't even know that it could be playing you. Listen I'm an expert with the board... Seriously I even have a card, but anyways I can teach you ways how to control what comes out through the door you open.
erin12 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I am a christian, and my parents totaly forbid Ouiji boards. What do they look like? All I know is that you somehow contact spirits, and the spirits can posses you. I am confused. Can someone explian this to me? 😕
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
I've never really used a Ouija board but I believe it helps you to communicate with spirits...
Based on what I've read, it's not a pleasant thing to deal with...
Awww, I was going to do it at my sleepover...
Can someone confirm to me if they are actually dangerous...
October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
I personally don't think that Ouija boards are dangerous at all. It all depends on how you're using them. If you don't know what you are doing, then yes, it can get dangerous.

There are plenty of different ways of protecting yourself from the negative spirits. Although, none of them are proven, but seem to work.

Some simple ways of protecting yourself while using the Ouija board are as follows:

1. Burn only white candles. Dark colors bring negative energy.

2. Surround yourself with a circle of sea salt.

3. Say a protecting prayer before beginning.
E.g. "In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit; I do not allow any negative energy, and only allow those who are for my highest good."
(You can make your own prayer that is meaningful to you as well.)

There are plenty more ways to protect yourself, but I find those the easiest, and most popular.

Also, it is never good to play by yourself. Ever. It is easier for demons to manipulate you. As well as when you are sick, tired, or in a bad state of mind.

By the way, if you are positive, you have a better chance of contacting spirits that are positive.

-October❤
Taylor_Mae (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Heyy this is really intresting. You know my Grandma + my friend's mum have both tryed a ouiji bored. And they both said they would never try it again after what happened to them.:S lol. Great story Haley.
Taylor xxxx:)
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
hazzardsyndrom,
Thank you for the comment I really don't mind the long comments lol. As for the psychic abilities I really don't like to talk about that. I will say that evey one that plays with the board has to have aome level of psychic abilites and open mindedness to work it.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
i personally have never used a board but have most definatly been tempted to. I'm still curious about them but have certianly been put off them from most of these stories!

I was wondering, do you think you could have psychic ability? Just a thought in case (psychosymatically of course, I'm most definatly not accusing you of moving the planchette deliberatly) that could be the reason you got correct predicted answers?

As iv said, iv never tried a ouija board so I honestly can't give an opinion on if they work or not 😉

Sorry for the essay comment, thanks for sharing your story/s. Take care ❤
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
First let me say thank you all for reading my story, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now GhostTracker
The board causes more trouble than you really can imagine. Usally the "sprit" is most likely a evil entity. The repercussions of my actions almost cost me everyone I loved and possibly more. As you will soon read, more of what happened.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
Hey cool story. I really liked it. I always interside with Oujia. Even thought I don't have one nor did I ever use one. And I know it's dangers, because sometimes you can get a ghost you just can't get rid of. Even my own hero says there are dangers. I read a story of a another girl who used a Oujia board and she got a nice ghost that even told her to stop, or something like that. I can't remmeber the name of the story, but if I ever get the chance to use one (most likey not because most of the people I know don't belived in ghost) I hope I get a good ghost. Then again if I ever get to use one I'll do it at someone leses house, In hope, maybe, if it a bad ghost it would stay there. 😆
GIRLIE
staaldak (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Hi all,

Please excuse my ignorance. I keep seeing posts that boards are bad and dangerous, but very few examples of how and why. Please could people post more specifics.

Thanks!
Staaldak
GhostTracker (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Thank's for the story! Your experience is good to share with the internet. After all, Ouija Boards can be dangerous because the spirit manifests into your house and it can harm you, But I don't think Ouija Boards do that much harm. I am really looking forward for more experience and spiritually stories from you!
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Oujia boards are meant to contact the paranormal, not to be playthingz... And one shouldnt even try contacting anything with it, as thingz can go really wrong, even resutling in deat somtimes
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
They weren't allowed in my house growing up either,lol. And as a parent, I don't allow them in my home. I had a spooky expierence with a home made one.
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
I heard it's a real dangerous game and it's haunted. You could read stories about it online. 😐
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
I do have a habbit of telling people "never touch the oujia board" but it is only due to these experiences. I did learn a lot though. ❤
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
I will not say "you shouldn't play with ouiji boards" as I am sure you know that. Your sisters was smat to get rid of it. My friend was living with me for a while and e got into wiccan craft. That was all ok but one day he asked if I wanted to ty his ouiji board. AT first I felt a erge to lay with it but once he had placed the cup onthe board (he did not have a pointer) I freaked out I stared screaming him not to use that thing in my house or get out. I started crying, I do not know why, and he said sorry. I had not played it but felt that it was going to end up bad.

Sorry this was long but I needed to say it.

Please be careful

Laura 😕
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Thank you, and as a mother my self they are not allowed in my house either. My kids ask me about it beacuse they have herd my husband an I talk about it and I'm pretty sure that I put the fear of god in them to stay away from it. ❤
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
That is a great story. I'm glad your sister got rid of it for you. You wouldn't have had the strength to do it. No offense. Ouiji boards are very addictive. I played with one once and then I tried to buy one and my mom found out and I got grounded. Now I have kids of my own and won't allow one in my house. They are dangerous. We agree on that. I look forward to reading more about your experience. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: