You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Are There Ghosts? 2

Real Ghost Stories

Are There Ghosts? 2

 

In the last years of elementary school, lot things happened.

My mom remarried in June, my third grade year and my cat ran away during spring break, when I wasn't even in Kentucky! These events had an extremely negative impact on me. I'm a very... Emotional person, so I thought that my cat ran away from me because I did something wrong! Now I know better, of course, but because of this one thought, I became suicidal. I also hated my new stepdad (I still hate him, just not as much). At first, I was just moping around school and home. Then I woke up one night, around midnight and I knew everyone was asleep, so I tip-toed into the kitchen and pulled a sharp steak knife out of the knife block. I covered my mouth and started to cry. The knife was about an inch away from my chest when something made me drop it. I quickly picked it up and put back into the block and ran back into my room.

Later, my dad was driving on a very busy highway. I was still extremely depressed, I knew the car was going really fast and there were a lot of other cars driving really fast nearby. I never wore my seatbelt when I was little, so I didn't have to unbuckle anything. I turned to face the door. I closed my eyes and pulled the handle. The door flew open and I was about to jump out when the door flew shut! I started crying and my dad yelled at me. For the next year, my parents kept a child lock on my door.

One night, my mom was talking about smothering, which was a way to die that I hadn't known of. I screamed at my mom that I was going to smother myself and ran into my room and locked the door. I grabbed my pillow and held it to my face until something yanked my hands down and made me drop the pillow. I gasped so loud, that my mom nearly pushed the door down trying to get into my room. I was sitting on my bed, all balled up and starting to cry.

Eventually, I had to see a therapist. I promise you all I am not lying. I was a suicidal third grader.

When my therapist asked me about my cat, I told her about a weird dream I had, and I still have it. In the dream there are tons of cats around me. They are all big fat orange tabbies, like the cat that ran away. I would run over to one to try to pick it up and hold it, thinking my baby was back home (this cat was my best friend and he was a person to me). When I was bending down to pick him up, he'd change into stripes, my stepdad's cat, who looks just like big dot, the cat that ran away. I'd scream, then see another orange tabby and run to it. This happened over and over again. I also told her about a dream that I had and I was in Macy's at the Fayette mall. There was huge plasma screen TV on a table and I'm running away from the angel of death. I run to the TV and turn it off and the dream restarts. I still have this dream, too.

I began seeing black cat figures (before my stepdad moved in but after big dot ran away) I would whisper-shout big dot, the black thing would look at me, then fade. I would start to cry.

I used to have a bed (now I have a futon) and one night, I couldn't get to sleep, so I lay on my back staring at the ceiling. After about five minutes, a huge yellow ball appeared in the right corner. I stared at it and it got bigger. I threw the covers over my head and prayed for it to go away (I think I was in 5th grade when this happened; I didn't understand my religion until like 5th grade).

About a month ago, I couldn't get to sleep so I rolled over onto my side and looked at my closet door. There was a yellow line of light that seemed to get bigger after I stared at it for a while. I blinked and it was still there. I was creeped out!

I also saw, and still see, black figures shaped like people, but sometimes they are just blobs, walking around my room. Sometimes they come towards me and I scream silently and they disappear.

Thanks for reading!

Old_ky_home1047

Other hauntings by old_ky_home1047

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, old_ky_home1047, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
thank you krishna & ghostsser! There was a girl bullying me & I had to switch schools because of her! Those ffelings of negativity are back, but I feel good abut trying out jcms tomorrow!

❤ always,
Old_ky_home1047
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
You are stronger than you can imagine. NEVER give in to those feelings of Negativity. Try getting busy with things that will make you feel good. If you remember anything from reading comments here, remember this... You are a gift with purpose!. Rev up your spirituality (this has nothing to do with religion), learn to pray, think of yourself as a bright light. This will chase away the darkness. You will be just fine!, Thankyou for sharing your experience. Feel free to contact me (my profile page) if you have any paranormal questions. Blessings, Ghostseer
DEVKRISHNA (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
Hi,
I've gone through similar situations like you in my life.
I felt very sad after reading your story because I can understand your emotions well.
Loneliness,helplessness and abandonment had terribly affected my life. I always thought of committing suicide many times until I got knowledge about life after death and the other side of life. Now I know that ending the life won't end our miseries.
Bad events of my life only helped me to gain much more belief in the Almighty God.

Never give up...
Have faith in God and yourself...
I just want to pass this message to you.
I wish you all good for your future.

There are many sites in the net including Neardeath.com,Aleroy.com,Spiritual.au,etc which I personally preferred for gaining knowledge in spiritual matters and about what life really means. It would prove useful for you if you find some time to visit these sites.

KRISHNA ❤
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
i haven't tried committing suicide since like 3rd or 4th grade but somtimes I think about doig it again... I never want that to happen again though so yall don't have to worry!
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
yeah the therapist saved me but I tried cutting myslef & decided not to do that (: thanks for all of your help!

❤ always,
Old_ky_home1047
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
What was saving you early on appears to have been the Holy Spirit stopping you. Whatever is happening now seems to be a result of your lack of response to Jesus and His miracles that He performed to save you from yourself. You need to recognize that it was not a ghost that prevented your suicide attempts, it was God. Turn to Him now and thank Him and acknowledge that He was the one. Read a Bible before this negativity takes you further away from Him.
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
o.o thanks for sharing your story with us ghost freaks =P well, now we know that some force or someone in another world is trying hard not to make you suicide as you may know suicide is a grave sin and shouldn't be done... I hope you get help about the yellow light and may you stop trying to suicide
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Hey...

I am worried about you... Seriously worried.
This story makes me sad. I hope the therapist was able to help you.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Wow! What a story! First, I'm glad you got help. Second, it sounds to me like maybe your guardian angel. Your lucky that yours was around. Third, the black shadows sound like shadow people. I don't have a lot of information on them but you can look it up online. Good luck! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: