You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Imperial Beach Drownings

Real Ghost Stories

Imperial Beach Drownings

 

Too many times I have seen them diving under the waves. The horrible part is when they don't come up for air. This is when I start to panic, wondering if I should toss off my coat and shoes, pull off my heavy jeans, and go after them.

I don't want to hesitate too long JUST IN CASE it is a real living person, and not a residue from the past. The difficult thing about being a "Sensitive" is I get so used to walking with the dead, I forget to separate the emotions, the ability to differentiate between what is real, or simply "residual".

It makes my stomach hurt to think I am watching someone drown. So far, it is just memories imprinted into the area. I hear their cries as they struggle to survive when they change their minds, and try to go back... Too late. I feel the pain and suffering as they try to hold on. Most of them get so tired; they cannot hold their weight above the cold waters of the Pacific.

The Hispanic, who try to go around the Border Patrol, they don't swim so well. It is like a massive wave of images inundating my minds eye. This is one of my experiences. What I saw on one specific day.

I took a drive down to IMPERIAL BEACH with my Husband. It was there, I felt a heavy breath of sorrow hanging over me. I never know if I will be able to tolerate what I will be shown, but I can't stop living because the dead intersect my path. Hesitation overwhelmed me, and I thought long and hard about what I was feeling.

I wasn't sure if I should chance it and go walking along the beach, but it was such a pretty day. My Husband was leaving it up to me. I made the wrong decision on that day. I should have gone back to the car, but I wanted to take a stroll along the waters edge. It wasn't the romantic hand holding I had envisioned.

My heart was growing heavier by the moment, and I tried so hard to ignore "Them". It isn't something I can shut out, all those voices crying out from the sea. My knees were growing wobbly, and it weakened me to the point where I could no longer stand. Right there, I let go of my Husbands supportive arm, and sat down on the cool sand.

He joined me and placed an arm around my shoulder. Out of curiosity, I asked him if he could hear the cries. He looked into my eyes, and said, "No..." in a soft whisper.

He knows not to talk too loudly when I am in the throes of the Paranormal. I told him what I was seeing, and he held me tighter. I was shaking pretty good by this point, and crying along with the wave of voices.

I saw them bobbing and weaving along in the sea. I witnessed them giving in and floating face down. Most of them had become caught in a rip tide, and pulled out too deep. They were so tired! The need to survive is strong, but the body gives in when it is time to give up.

It isn't the nicest of sounds, it is an unpleasant visual as well, but I don't have a choice. On that day, I saw hundreds from the past. Men, women, children, teens. Each death, unfortunate, untimely.

My Husband watched me mourn each and every one of them. Quietly, He sat there next to me, arms wrapped around me as I wept for them. I described what I saw, I told him so he could understand. He listened with concern and sadness.

He believes in me, I am blessed...

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MerscratianAce (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
In reading your stories, I have been wishing for your gift, but I'm not so sure. I would like to be able to help the departed, but I wouldn't want to witness hundreds of people's deaths on a regular basis.
DarkAngel (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
thats really upsetting... I'm a junior lifeguard and already saving lives... I'm only 14 too. I give my word as long as I'm on the beach no one will ever die... Ill make sure of it:)

Aswell you have a great husband make sure you never lose him.
Goodluck ❤
bigal (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
do you think these hundreds of bodies eventually washed up on the beach?
What part of imerial beach were you walking on?
scorpiobabe (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
wow, that was an amazing story (makes me cry), thanks for sharing it! I read you're other one, titled "the dead that followed me too many times to count" and it was...remarkable, for lack of a better word. I love to read your stories (sorry they are so painful for you). Plz keep sharing.

Ps. You are very lucky to have such a supportive husband:)
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
crazygirl101: Life is kind of strange. Some people understand what I am saying, and other folks... They just don't get it. Thanks for reading and commenting. I appreciate your kind words. Blessings, Ghostseer 😊
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
wow...i'm sorry you have to go through that when you go to the beach.
This really has nothing to do with the hauntings you witness but have you considered being a writer? I mean what you wrote was so... I don't know if I can explain it right. Seriously though you should consider writing stories
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
Tonith: I have worked with Law enforcement, a P.I., and helped Individuals who came to me for help. I have never charged a dime. No, I would hate to be sought after. Leave that to those PSYCHIC Celebrities who enjoy the tour circuit. I will quietly help, and one day, finish the book on my experiences...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
With this kind of gift you would be sought after in the paranormal field. Have you ever been formally tested? You said you have helped many spirits move forward which is wonderful. Kudos to the way you handle it and sounds like you have a wonderful supportive husband. I would think you would have to be a very strong person to have this gift and not let it mess with your own personal life.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
FlameWithin: Yes, I am Married, have known my Husband since he was eleven years old. Have 3 Adult Daughters, and 2 Grandchildren. You can read more on my website. Just go to my profile page. I've been experiencing the Paranormal since my earliest memory. It's a tough "Gift" to have, but it's all I know. Blessings for writing, Ghostseer

KimSouthO: I believe you edited my written experience. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your input. Blessings, Ghostseer
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
Once again, your story brought me to tears. Having such a gift, well I admire you and am glad to hear you have a spouse who is supportive.

Thanks for taking time ot shar eiwth us!

God Bless!
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
i was wondering if you were married. Was it hard for him to except the situation you live in daily. Do you have children? My son says he seehings it started at a young age I think. He is 17 now he says he still sees them, that's why I have so many questions. Maybe I should email you and find out more. I use to think it was his imaganation I never discorged him. I always listened to what he said. Maybe you could tell me what it was like for you and icould see if there is a simulaity to him. I always knew children could see things we didnt. But for him to say he still sees them makes me wonder since he is now 17.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
I rarely dream about disasters, death, future. Most of my gifts are centered around being in a location and hearing, seeing Paranormal activity. Whether it is being followed by entities who want help (they seem to know I can see them... Probably the big goofy expression of surprise on my face) or seeing residual activity, I hear and see, and experience...It's amazing at times, and I am horrified during certain experiences. I can feel what they felt, and sometimes the pain is beyond explanation. Definitely not a boring existence! Blessings, Ghostseer
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
I can't imagine going through life seeing and hearing these things. It must be a strain on you.
Do you dream? Please read some of my posts. I have 2 stories/ experiences I hope will be published soon. I do hope you will read them.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
How sad to hear the cries for help but can offer none. Do you dream about these things or just see and hear them? Sometimes gifts aren't what they seem. Lately, I "know" things are going to happen before they actually do, both good and bad. Feeling helpless to help when it's bad is the worst feeling in the world. I pray a lot.

Great story. Keep them coming.
God Bless,
Byluyster
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
My story is just one experience. My heart is full of aching and sorrow at what I see... And hear (from the deceased). Some days are better than others, and as much as I love to be near the ocean, it can be quite painful when I am shown another death.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
How sad. I do like your story though. The Oceans have claimed many lives, and so many stories have come about from that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: