You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: One Last Hug From Mom

Real Ghost Stories

One Last Hug From Mom

 

My mother lived in the lower level of my house for the last 2 years of her life. She was suffering the entire time from liver and kidney disease. She wasn't a drinker. The doctors thought she may have contracted cirrhosis from blood she received while giving birth to me in the 60's. They said blood just didn't go through all of the tests then that it does now.

She passed away in the hospital on March 14th, 1999 at the age of 63. (I miss her so much).

Several days later my two brothers and I were going through her things. We had already moved several things out of her bedroom/living room. I looked down at the carpet and saw the indentations where her favorite chair had been. I bent over in the empty space and put my arms around where Mom would have been sitting, had she still been there. I said to my brothers "Look, if Mom were still here, I'd be hugging her right now." Suddenly, my whole body began to tingle from head to toe. My hair stood on end. I felt like an electric current was going through me. It was very warm and comforting. So peaceful yet so overwhelming I cried my eyes out. I knew right then and there that I was being hugged back by Mom. My brothers wouldn't try it to see it the same thing would happen to them.

My Mom was the kind of woman that when you visited, no matter what the mood of the visit was, good or bad, she always had a hug and kiss for you before you left.

I can hardly believe it's been 10 years. I love you Mom.

Other hauntings by Jim565

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jim565, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cowboy13 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
This story is very nice. I am real idiot because I say a lot of bad things to my mom as: I hate you and others and sometimes I tell her: Just die or something. This story touched me very much because no matter of what I love my mom more than anything. I have tears in my eyes: (❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
Awww. What a beautiful gift your mother gave you. Some would say it was wishful thinking and you imagined it. I think we have all done that and the feeling afterward is usually sad or dismal. This was not the case for you. What you experienced left you feeling loved and comforted. I don't know about you but my imagination isn't good enough for me to produce that kind of "feel good". I think we know when we are in the presence of something that is not of just the 5 senses. I'm so glad you were open to her energy. Too bad your brothers (men,sigh) didn't get in on that hug.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
What a beautiful and heart felt story. I, too, lost my mother at an early age. I was only 24. She passed in 1996 and I miss her every day, she visits now and then to let me know she is watching out for us 😁.

Thank you for taking the time to share this story with us!

God Bless!
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
that is sad. 😭 I'm glad your mom is still with you. Maybe you should ask the empty spot to show itself, and maybe your mom will come. 😊
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Jim565 -
Thanks so much for sharing your story with us! What a special experience that was to get a hug from your mom. She was affirming that she was still there, and that her love for you is timeless.

Blessed be!
ParaTam
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
It is a wonderful story but Iam so sorry about lossing your mom but I feel happy for you that your mom gave you a last hug before moving on 😭 ❤ 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: