You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unseen Housemate

Real Ghost Stories

The Unseen Housemate

 

We use to live in an apartment complex in Sampaloc, Manila. The apartment used to be an old hospital building (the owner of the hospital and the owner of the building is the same family). It was a two storey apartment with two bedrooms on the second floor and the upper portion of the building had wooden floorings and stairs.

The first time I stepped inside the apartment I already had the feeling that we are not the only ones inside; there were unseen beings that lived in the apartment. I did not pay much attention to them (though I'm used to seeing and feeling them) until the time came that all of my housemates had to go to the province since it was a weekend. They were already telling me to be prepared for unusual stuff to happen. They had been there for two years and I did not expect that they felt this uncanny stuff too.

They all left and I was the only one inside the apartment. I locked myself in one room and turned the ac on and watched TV to avoid giving attention to the unseen housemates. It was only late morning, almost noon and while watching TV I fell asleep, it was late when I woke up, around eight in the evening and it was already dark not a single light was on since I was asleep. The TV sets illuminated light lit the room and the pale light that illuminated through the windows from the lamp posts outside.

I was starving so I decided to fix myself and just buy food from the fast foods that can be found outside. It was pitch dark on the stairs and I did not have the option to switch the lights on since the switch is located downstairs so I decided to switch the lights on inside the room, and go down the stairs so I could switch the lights on in the kitchen and get moving as well. I noticed a slight movement of a silhouette in the kitchen but thought it was just the effect of the lights upstairs. I just switched the lights on and decided to find my way out. As I was about to close the door behind me I heard footsteps going up to the second floor. I could hear them clearly since as I've said there was wooden stairs and floor on the upper part of the place. I stopped then tried to check if it was just a cat or a mouse though it was impossible since we didn't have pets and all. The windows were shut since we had ac. The footsteps then went down and seemed to be getting louder and louder pounding on the stairs as if someone was having tantrums or going into an emergency, running up and down the stairs. I just said go ahead and play while I'm away and when I'm back I need you to be silent since I need to sleep.

After I ate my meal I strolled around the vicinity and went back home. The house was still and dead silent. I bolted the doors and took a shower and went upstairs to sleep. I had all the lights inside the house switched on but again I had myself locked up inside the room.

While I was reading a book I heard the strange noises again of footsteps going up and down the stairs, yet this time they were calm and less noisy. When I yelled that someone wanted to sleep they stopped for awhile, then started running down the stairs again and they got louder and louder as if thumping and pounding not just on the floor but even on the door. It was then that I decided to recite all the prayers that I know by heart and not long before I was able to utter my third amen, it stopped.

I lived in that house for two years and since most of my housemates are college students from our province I was already expecting that every time vacation or break from school was coming I expected the unseen housemate to be running around the house again.

I learned how to be immune to his advances that sometimes since I don't mind it, it stops al by itself.

Other hauntings by DeathKnight12

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeathKnight12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
It's nice you've been so calm and composed. If I were you I'd be thrilled and excited at the same time and probably talk to them too. 😁
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
RonYP

Yup iwas I was a former chapter head and then I even handled KFC well its so nice to know that you were once a participant of the youth camp. Where are you from?
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
your a former member of YFC is that the "youth for christ", that's funny because I was a former participant in the YFC school chapter here in my school by the way have they shown themselves to you?
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
yeah actually I know a lot of "songs of praise" I was a former member of YFC that was why I am used to such things and well with faith I am brave enough to face and identify them
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
Thanks for giving me that advice I try that on my next ghost stories and those Praise Songs God Bless-DeathKnight12 😊
pilarB (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
Hi DeadKnight,
Have you tried playing "Praise Songs"? This is the most powerful weapon you can ever have...Also, try to put some bells around because some folks say that evil spirits or any earthbound ones are afraid of the sound of the bell.
llcoolclint (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
that's how id suggest you handle my specter if something I do bother's you
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
Thanks for the comment and the apartment that I used to live was once a operating room 😊
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
HEy DeathKnight,
OMG...that must have been some house...:)
Well I have to appreciate your reaction and the calmness in handeling this. You are definately brave.

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: