You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demon Or Just Crazy?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Or Just Crazy?

 

Some of you have asked me about the demon experience so I'll post it for you.

It was back in 2007 in Pennington, New Jersey. I was about 13 or 14 then, I can't remember the exact date. It was late around 1am or so I had just gone to the bathroom and then back to my room. I got in bed and snuggled up under my blanket; I tried to sleep but couldn't seem to fall asleep. Something was keeping me up and I didn't know what. I had an odd feeling though something in the back of my mind was nagging at me that something wasn't right. But I ignored it and finally fell asleep.

An hour later my eyes shot open and suddenly I saw something out of the corner of my eye coming out of the blinds of my window. I sat up and looked towards it and stared in shock.

There was a hand reaching out to me! I automatically thought, "There's a demon in my room" I thought that because of movies I've watched and stories I've read. It was a bit hard to see in the dark the only light was from the dim nightlight by my computer. From the looks of it though it was dark green and scaly, the arm was very skinny almost like a twig, it had three long fingers that had long yellow nails that looked like they had fungus all over them!

I wanted to scream but I couldn't I was to shocked. I jumped out of my bed and ran to my parent's room. I climbed on their bed and snuggled up to my mom telling myself it wasn't real. While snuggling up to her I felt like something dark enter the room. I figured it had followed me and started saying a prayer in my mind then started whispering it. My mom woke up and found me crying and then suddenly it vanished. I told I thought I was crazy and she assured me I wasn't.

The house is a duplex and very old, how old I'm not sure. It was built sometime in the mid 1900's I believe though.

I'm glad we left that house in the summer of 2008. Many things happened there that made me believe I was crazy. Thankfully they didn't follow. I believe that they are trapped in that house although I feel bad for the people who live there now because they have a toddler.

Other hauntings by AngelSeeker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelSeeker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Why would you doubt a story because of the claimed assumption? You might doubt the OPs judgement (I don't) but how would that negate the veracity of the story?

I suspect these entities themselves impress on the 'victims' mind the scenario 'it' wants them to believe (often false claims like 'I'm the devil' or 'you are going to die),.
Daydreamer925 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
When I was about 10 & living in Florida I was playing at a neighbors house. We were on his tree house type thing with a slide attached to it. We were all playing tag. I looked down from the house to see if anyone was under me so I could safely go down the slide without being tagged. When I looked down a green scaly hand reached up towards my face. I screamed on top of my lungs. I slide down the slide and ran straight to my house.
I was grounded for "making up stories and scaring my sisters".
I became obsessed with the hand I saw that day. I drew it all the time.
I never saw it again.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
I would but she's over in Arizona and I'm in New Jersey I don't think there's a way I can. Oh well, somethings remain mysteries in life for a reason I guess.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
well then... That takes care of my idea! Ha! Ha! 😆 I have a cousin that has the same problem and it is very hard to deal with. But you might want to try to investigate, if you feel up to it. Good luck and take care ❤
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Thing is raingrl01 is she says they're in her head. I don't know what to make of her anymore... 😕
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Not that I know of. I know she's on medication but she still talks to herself. She's not as bad as she use to be she threw a bunch of stuff out in her yard once and burned it then another time she was giving my grandmothers stuff away for free! 😲
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
What ico says may be true or she has a gift and can't handle it. Instead of trying to talk to these spirits at your aunt's house, use a tape/digital recorder to try to capture some voices. If you catch something on the recorder then that may help your aunt to realize that the voices aren't only in her head. You might want to try it to see what they have to say. They may just need help. ❤ Good luck
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
It sounds like your aunt is schizophrenic. Has she ever seen a professional psychiatrist?
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
While mine could have been a dream I know my mother's wasn't because it happens everytime she's with her sister. Her sister claims to have the seven serpents in her. She walked into a church once and the priest got stiff and said he sensed something evil come in and looked at my aunt. 😲
I come from a very religious family so I'm pretty sure that whatever is in my aunt tries to get my mom when ever she's over. So I make her sleep with a cross in the room when ever we visit. I'm actually scared of my aunt she whispers to herself and says they won't stop talking to her.
Yes I have had many experiences in that house I've heard children singing late at night. I've seen a little girl before I heard some one walk up to my door (the floorboards creek) then open my door half way and then take a step or two into my room and then it stops. I want to talk to the people there now but I'm to scared to go back. What if it decides to follow me this time? Maybe they are trapped there but eitherway I don't want to find out. Right across the street is a cemetary don't know if that has anything to do with it. The whole town was made back in the 1900's. So its a very old cemetary from I know of they no longer use it.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
AngelSeeker

You dream every night. In fact, you have multiple dreams a night. If you're not dreaming you're not sleeping. Now, you said you fell asleep when you got back to bed so it most likely was a dream. Also, what your mother saw could also have been a dream. Have you had any other experiences in that house before you left and have you heard anything happen to the people who moved in?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
OK.
But HOW does your Mom KNOW that it was an evil entity? That is what we are trying to get to the bottom of. You very well MAY have the ability. I do not think anyone has out and out stated that this is not a possibility. What we HAVE stated is that there MAY be a different "take" on the situation than what it is that you feel happened.
MANY people who think they KNOW something have been swayed to the "outside the box" thinking when someone ELSE jogged their memory with a suggestion or a question.
What is missing out of this story that would show us the evilness of this (or these) entities?
Thank you.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I still think the house is haunted my mom saw an evil spirt once crawling on her bed a few years ago & I think I got my seeing ability I guess you'd call it from her. So I believe what I saw. I wasn't dreamiong I had had no nightmare nor dream that night
avenged90 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
I agree with buffalo, it's hard to jump right into demons. If indeed it was a demon then there would have to be strong emotional stories linking to that house you lived in. Seeing as it WAS a duplex built in the 1900's it could be very old and mulitple families living there before you. As for the new family living there a child most times attracts good spirits and if there is an evil spirit, good always prevails =]
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
that is interesting. I have never had anything like that happen to me and believe me a lot of things have happened. I hope the new family dosent incounter things to sever for the sake of the small one.

~Yours Truly Haunted,
Sora ❤
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
First and foremost! You are NOT crazy! I believe you saw something. On the other hand, I don't think it was a demon. Demons usually have a smell with them and feed off of your feeling and try to tear families apart. They feed off of that. Good luck and great story! 😊
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
I'm thinking it might have been a nightmare and the thing moving in the darkness in your parents room could have been your eyes playing tricks on you, especially in the scared state you were in.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Thank you Shinobi_Enryu that's a relief! I truely thought I was crazy! 😁 I'm glad I haven't seen that "thing" since then.
Shinobi_Enryu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
My friend, you are not crazy. Things happen to people that are unexplainable and quite... Well dang terrifying, and you just happened to be in that situation. Well at any rate, your choice of descriptive wording made reading the story quite "hair raising". Good story and I hope you're doing really well. And I'm glad you're not going through those "things" again:] Take care.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
What a horrible tragedy to assume that ANY being is a demon, on the sole thought of what the hands looked like. Have you ever seen the hands of a 97 year old carpenter who has been struck with crippling arthritis? Sad enough to bring tears to the eyes of the most stoic soul. IF that same carpenter were to come back, as a GHOST, the hands would look frightening, but he/she STILL would not be considered a demon, merely a ghost.
Elemental creatures have the "tree look" that you seem to describe...
You know, I think I would like to hear about these other experiences that convinced you that this house was haunted, as THIS tale seems to point to an over active imagination.
You state: "I had an odd feeling though something in the back of my mind was nagging at me that something wasn't right..." it was about one in the morning, you were probably over tired (just assuming, but you WERE 13 or 14 at the time) you saw something in the dim light from a nightlight...
DIM light causes optical illusions. It is scientifically founded. HUMAN eyes are not meant to SEE in the dark, and "dim" is not much lighter than dark. Nightlights are notorious for giving off a distorted view of things.
That, of course, is just ONE opinion, but I do not think I would jump straight at the conclusion that this was a demon. At least, not yet. Unless there is something that you left out?
Thank you.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
The reason I think its a demon DeviousAngel is because of the way its hand looked. I have no clue what it really was I'm just making a guess from a few other stories I've read on here where people claim to have seen a demon. Some are ugly some good looking. Maybe it was something else that I have no knowledge of. It was just that one time though. Never saw it again but I know for sure that that house is haunted from the things that happened there...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
🤔 I'm not sure what to make of this. I find it hard to believe any story where someone automatically assumes the creature is a demon.
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Very intresting story! I don't know what I would do if I woke up to see a hand like that reaching for me! Hmmmm, maybe you should keep some hand sanitizer with you in case it comes back again 😆! Just kiddin 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: