You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Male Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

White Male Apparition

 

This story just happened yesterday, and it is not my own experience. Rather, my father-in-law was the one to see the apparition, and he related his experience to us last night.

The city is one of Chicago's southwest suburbs, about an hour's drive from downtown Chicago, and my father-in-law (I'll call him Jerry to protect his identity) was helping a friend of mine renovate a home. The home and the subdivision it is in are fairly new - - less than a year old I believe. However this particular home was in disarray as a result of the former owners who defaulted on the mortgage.

Jerry was alone in the house yesterday doing some painting, and at the time he was painting the house's high walls. Using a long handle accessory, he was working hard to reach the top of the walls without marking the ceiling. All of a sudden, Jerry saw some movement out of the corner of his eye. He took a look and saw a white male staring at him. He couldn't see any further details as the apparition vanished quickly.

His response to this sighting was to yell out something to the effect of, "Don't mind me. I'm just here to paint!" This was his first experience, and he continued to work until my friend showed up to drive him home. He didn't say anything to my friend or his wife, so as not to alarm them, however from what I understand, they've had a couple of strange things already happen. Because the subdivision is new, I can only assume something happened in the home during the previous owners' stay or the home is built on the site of a previous house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jmreyesiii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

jmreyesiii (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
No. By the time my father in law thought to look at the movement he caught out of the corner of his eye, the apparition was just about to vanish. No great details to share.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Your father-in-law handled that great. 😊 It's probably the land that is haunted. Did your father-in-law say anything about the clothes the spirit had on?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
You know what?
Now THIS one I...
Thank you for sharing your Father-in-Laws story with us. I agree with VoxMortuus. Sometimes, all they want is a little recognition as well. I like people to notice when I walk into a room (especially if I took a long time getting ready), why would I ghost NOT?
Again, Thank you.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Great reaction to the apparition! Sometimes, it's things just like that they want to hear.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: