You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: The Boy In The Spare Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy In The Spare Room

 

After what happened to me for the past three months I never slept alone again I usually sleep with my younger sister. It turned out that even though I avoid being alone the haunting won't stop.

This month of March 2009 something has been haunting the house at night and the worst thing is it still haunts us during daylight. One night while I was asleep in bed with my sister the bed started shaking violentl, waking the two of us, I thought it was an earthquake, but we are the only one who felt it. I asked my mother if she felt anything she said there was none. I thought it was the same presence that was haunting me that caused me fear of being alone. But I was wrong, the first ghostly presence that I encountered only makes me feel its presence during night time but this one still lurks during the day time.

2 weeks ago at 11:00 in the morning while I'm in my room I could hear someone running in the living room (By the way my bedroom is near our living room), it became so frequent that I decided to see who it was; when I peeped in my bedroom door to check who was running without him or her seeing me but I saw no one. I thought maybe this person ran out of the room so I decided to continue what I'm doing, but then the running started again. I was there standing by my bedroom door with my eyes wide open because I can hear the sound of someone running but there was nothing and no one in the living room.

I hurriedly locked myself inside my room and waited until it stopped; when it stopped I ran out of the house and waited for my sister. My parents was out of town then so the people left at home was me, my brother and my sister, when my sister arrived, she asked me what was I doing outside I just shrugged her question and went inside with her it was 4 in the afternoon then (I stayed outside the house for 4 hours!).

It was 4 in the afternoon and I'm really hungry I was not able to have lunch because I refused to return inside alone and I left my wallet inside too. So when I was back inside with my sister and I went to the kitchen to prepare a snack for the two of us, I didn't know that she took my phone from my room and then went to our spare room (this room is beside the kitchen, we put all our used clothing here because it is also near the laundry room, "take note I really hate this room because it's the darkest room at home during the night").

The Boy In The Spare Room

In there she took pictures of herself using my phone (without my permission) while she was listening to the radio. I caught her using my phone when I came looking for her because the food is ready. I grabbed my phone from her hand to see what she is doing. I laughed at her because the pictures she took were really not good, she was taking pictures against the light that's why she appeared darker in the pictures.

We were browsing my phone and checking her pictures when something caught our attention, In one of her pictures there was someone else behind her and when we transferred her picture to the computer we got scared with what we saw, "behind my sister was a boy staying in the corner of the spare room". I didn't know how to explain it but I believe it is the same thing who's been running in our living room, and my sister concluded that he's the one who's been shaking the bed (I haven't told her about my first experience).

Apparently I got tired of getting scared by him and ignored his presence. I still have to squeeze my brain for our exams this week.

I've sent a copy of the picture in this site if you want to see it.

Other hauntings by RonYP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RonYP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
So many thoughts on this; where do I start? First, yes it is strange that your sister (taking self shots) would focus the camera to the center of the room, rather than on herself. Second, the boy does look to be of the same heritage as your family, but you do live in the Philippines. Although, not that I'm an expert on ghosts, or have caught/seen one myself, but I would imagine that a spirit wouldn't have the density of a human, and/or have every single feature in such perfect form... No transparency, no variation between a human photograph. Finally, the boy looks organic, if you will; 100% flesh, and it's odd that he is looking directly at the camera lens, as if he's posing. I have a question as well: When your sister was taking photos of herself, enabling the timer, she would have to prop the phone up on something. This is quite difficult to do, but after taking numerous photos she likely would have found the perfect perch and angle of herself. So I just don't understand why she is practically cut off here, as if to feature the boy in the photo...weird. Like I've said, I thankfully have yet to encounter a ghost, therefore I'm unsure what a photo of 1 would look like. These are just my thoughts, based on common sense and an educated thought process.
daydreamer24 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
I am not trying to sound like a sceptic (Because truly I am not) but I am 100% ceratin that this is staged. You can see that little boy perfectly, he is the focus of the picture, and you can even see the white/light colored shorts or underclothes that he has on... So I am going to have to call it a fake... Sorry 😢
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
I have to agree with many posters here and say this photograph is fake.

Lakota73
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
looks to me like a little brother sitting under the table. He has the same facial features and everything that she does. Sorry but I calls em as I sees em.
lp2298 (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
That looks hoaxed, sorry. Not photoshopped but I agree that the boy is nearly centered in the photo, most people would center it on the real subject.
bettinawesome (29 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
I think this picture is genuine. There is no way you could photoshop that:)
americaisthekillingnamex (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
[at] jazzeyjay

How can you not see the kid sitting behind the laundry basket? It's very clear. -.- You must be blind if you cannot see that. Anyway, this is the creepiest picture I have ever seen before. I'd be haulin' butt out of that house if I lived there. Thanks for posting it!
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
Sorry, but this picture seems a little grudge-ish to me and very similar to they types of "ghosts" seen in Japanese movies or t.v. Shows. I agree with what others are saying. It seems like the table is the main focal point, not the girl. It would be epic if this photo was real, but it's not.
rayman09bry (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
I enjoyed reading your story... But I'm not convinced with the photo. Based on the picture taken by your sister. Is like she already expecting the boy there. She pause in left side to have a good picture of the boy... Seems like that for me. Just my opinion.
StarGazer (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
For those struggling to see anything try adjusting your monitor brightness and contrast. I had to load it into photoshop to see properly.

My observations...
His face is definately messed up, the left eye (the eye on my left/ your left, his right eye) is circular like someone earlier said 'bulging' almost cartoon like, where as the eye on the right looks like its been removed somehow. Also kind of looks like he has a black eye.
Mouth almost looks like a wooden puppets mouth if you know what I mean.
The darkness on the top of his head is clearly hair if you adjust the photo a bit you can see. Although he does have a shadow on the left (my left) of his face.
Another thing I noticed was the ear on the left (my left) looks a bit mangled too, bit lower than it should be.

Must of been scary checking the photos and seeing that! Especially after the other stuff you said happened to you. Would be crapping my pants if something like that showed up in one of my photos!
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
😊 This is a Fake?

1.) ghost caught in a camera are usually transparent,
2.) this one is not pale... If you see his arms you can see that its brown... Sign that its alive
3.) ghost doesn't have any shadows, it might appear as a shadow, but They Don't appear with one! One shape at a time, if you know what I mean...

P.S ^o^ I'm sorry, I'm just pointing out...
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
Yo! So where are you in PH?:) I want to go to your house... Hehe... No kidding... I'm serious... I also live in PH... Anyway I'm going to look for the photo...
Thanks for sharing your story:)

-Ayasegawa
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
that shot definitely top the ranks I mean the best ghost photo I've seen, many ghost pictures are obviously faked and you will spot tricks but this one is very vivid and clear. So creepy!
ally711 (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
Oh crap that's freaky. The little kid must of died at your house. 😉
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I finally saw the little boy under the dresser drawer behind the basket of clothes. I had to tilt my computer screen down and I was able to see him.

I'm sorry if I don't jump on the bandwagon of people believing this photo is true, but I just don't!
I don't know how you can check photos from cell phones for their authenticity. It certainly would be nice to know if this one is indeed "FACT or FICTION!"
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
not alotta people take perfect pics, (like being in the center, moving around, etc) but this could be real! 😲
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
I don't know what you guys are looking at, but I am looking at this photo and even enlarged it and I don't see what you all are saying you see. There is no table with a boy under it with blood on him and in his underwear. What happened to the photo that you all are talking about because if you're talking about this one that's on here now, I don't see what you all are saying you see. I see her sitting on what looks like a bed with her hair taken back in a poney tail and some sort of radio or something with an antenna in front of her and a basket of laundry in front of her off to the side. The way the photo is taken you can't see anything in the back of her, so how did you all see all of this? I enlarged it too and still see nothing. I would have to see a better photo because I don't believe a word of this.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
I'm going to have to go with Blackkitty7 on this one. Obviously the lad is the center of the picture. Yes his eyes look unusual, but they don't look gouged.
SilentOrchestra (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
It's so scary and sad at the same time right?
I mean, it just had to be a poor little child.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
I don't think he is smiling either. Whatever is on his mouth gives the appearance that he is smiling. I too had to enlarge the photo to see the details. His left eye does look like a black hole and his right eye looks like something is covering it. I still feel horribly for this child. ❤ ❤ ❤
SilentOrchestra (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Thank you, I only saw it when I found out you could enlarge the photo. 😆
He seems to be hugging himself. 😢
No shirt, and yes you're right, in underwear.
My friend said he is...smiling. But I don't really think so.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Good eye! I do see it. That is so creepy! I'm still wondering about him being in his underwear. Poor boy! 😭
SilentOrchestra (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Oh God, Do you see the blood coming out of his mouth?
His right eye looks like its bulging, and the left eye looks... Gauged out.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! I didn't know how old your brother is or where he was so that's why I asked. Like I said, I'm not saying this is a fake picture. I hope it is real! So I'm willing to believe you. I do think it's interesting though that this boy looks like he's in his underwear. If you zoom up on him you can see that his legs and chest are bare. His eyes also look kind of black but if you look closely enough you can see that there is just a little light in there. Weird! I still think it is a great picture.
Did you try to investigate yet? If you do then let us know. Thanks! ❤
BlackKitty7 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
What is weird about this picture is that it main focus is on the table and the kid under the table. If your sister was taking a picture of herself, why didn't she focus the camera to herself? What didn't she place the camera so she would be in the center of the photo?

It just look like she was really taking a picture of the kid under the table, and posing herself next to it so she would also show in the picture.
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
My OLDER brother is 21 years old as of now, and he was not yet at home when it happened and my sister took a picture of herself by placing the phone to a stand and setting it to automatic shot the pixels were just adjusted to save more space in the phone's memory. (sorry I'm not that good at technical terms when it comes to stuffs like this)

I am a really busy person that even surfing the net is already difficult to do. So I won't waste my precious time and yours to produce a story that is just a pigment of my imagination, I know you have your own point of views when it comes to ghosts but some of it did burst my bubble

I want to thank those who believed at my story, it's deeply appreciated
While those who do not I'm not saying that I'm mad at you for doubting my story I also understand because I myself was also a victim of fake ghost pictures but I assure these is not because these experience is really genuine no photoshops and no editing and not a hoax.

By the way, I'm really happy there is people I can share these experience with.

More power to all of you... 😁 😭 😜
Awsomeghoststoriesman (1 stories) (4 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I am pretty good with analyzing photos and expecially with ghost photos. This guys is not a ghost he is the exact same race as them and she tried to tell you that her sister looks darker because of how she was taking them so you don't think of the resemblance. Deffinetly fake.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Amazing picture! Are you sure that isn't your brother? You mentioned that you had one but didn't mention where he was when this picture was taken. Not trying to discount you. I think this is an amazing picture. Try to investigate. Don't be scared, I know it's hard, he obviously wants something from y!ou. Try to find out what it is. Good luck! ❤
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
OMFG...Good Lord HAHAaaa That some cazy sh*t. Try playing with the boy yet.
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Holy Crap! That is one amazing picture you have there!
I think you should write to TAPS (Ghost Hunters) and see if they will come and do an investigation at your home.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: