You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Standing Around The Grave

Real Ghost Stories

Standing Around The Grave

 

Today, I went to pay my respects. They were gathered around the covered grave. The Aunties, the cousins, his Mother and Father. Funerals in Hawaii attract dozens upon dozens of people. There wasn't much as far as tears, but the atmosphere was solemn.

Me, I stood off to the side. Being in the middle of the masses, uh-no, can't do it. I watched his Father holding up his Mother. My heart went out to them. Another needless death of a Teenager. He was driving fast and trying to impress his fifteen year old girlfriend. He missed a sharp turn, and the rest is history.

He was eighteen years old, and the passenger in his car? She sustained severe injuries. The young woman riding with him is in the critical care ward. She will live with his decision with each glance in the mirror. I understand she went through the windshield at high speed, of course, she wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

I saw his GHOST wandering through the crowds. He looked as surprised and devastated as anyone who is newly deceased. He seemed to ignore the other entities milling about. He was looking into the faces of those he left behind. It was obvious he knew what he had done. I could read it on his face, how "sorry" he was over his choice. Unfortunately, it is too late for him to be sorry.

There were Spectral beings following the guests around, and this is quite normal. All of us have loved ones who come to comfort us when we suffer. The GUARDIANS stood back, and allowed each person to grieve.

Grieving doesn't feel good, but it helps us to mature. Grieving helps us to appreciate our loved ones. Our Guardian Angels keep us close, but give us space to mourn, and mourning, we will all go through it at different times of our life. Someday, People will be grieving our passing.

I watched the children running around. They play quietly as the Adults mourn. The crowd is swelling with the living and the dead. I move away as some of the apparitions have taken note of me. This is neither the time nor the place to be confronted by the dead.

My eyes focus on the family of the young men. I hear the whispers, and the sorrow is building. Having already approached the family, I see the young man following me with his eyes. I smile at the Spectral Teen, and he understands.

I will be going back to his graveside tonight. I will listen to him, tonight. I hope to help him move on.

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fear88seer (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
yes, very tragic incident, you write so well g-seer, the shared experiences you bring to life in such subtle terms... I would love to visit your website. 😆 I became a registered user to "see" more and learn more about you 😨
Oddgoingson (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
did you talk to him what happened?! Please tell me I love your stories keep on posting! <3 Syd:D
😉
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Yep in some traditions 40 days after someone dies, the spirit lingers for 40, supposed to pay visits to close family / relatives. So there you have it. 😉
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
To All & Surya: Sad? Yes it is, Tragic is probably a better word for it. Guilt? Only the young man and God knows. I recently learned this young man had a bad habit of fighting with his Girlfriend as he drove along. He used high speed as an act of controlling the Girlfriend. He would frighten her into shutting up. I was told it got quite violent at times. Him- back handing her as they drove, and the girl punching him as he drove.

Oh, have never heard about the 40 day day thing (Surya).I've never seen it in my 40+ years experiences. When they cross over, some go immediately, others linger for a day or two (IF they are ready)...I see you think it isn't a choice, but most of the time, I find they have been wandering for months or years, sometimes-centuries. I don't have the answers WHY it happens this way, but it does. Blessings, Ghostseer
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
What guilt could this man possibly carry. It was not a deliberate accident. Whether it was his time or not, only GOD knows. How we go is not a decision we make either. I think he will move on, they say forty days after the death of a person, the spirit usually wonders, last goodbyes, leaving assurances.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Ghostseer, another touching story. I hope you can help this young man move on. The guilt he carries must be terrible. We all make mistakes, but in his case, it was very costly. Each time I get ready to leave the house and get in my car, I tell my dog, Vinny, goodbye and I hope to see him later. Driving is perhaps the most dangerous thing we do without much forethought.

I'm glad you will try to help him. 😊
God Bless,
Byluyster
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Ghostseer, thanks for shareing another good experience with us! I showed your experience to my teenage niece. I think it had an impact on her as she started to cry after reading it. I hope she'll think twice about getting in a car with someone who drives recklessly. How sad for the family to lose someone so young and so needlessly. Thanks again, Peace, Celtcharm
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
GhostSeer,

I hope you will keep us posted. As to what happens on the recently deceased young man. ~ Dixie
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Ghostseer,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I always seek your stories out, because I know you always have some experience. That will make me stop and think.
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
That is so sad. I do hope he gives his parents some comfort. Before you help him to move on. I suppose that sounds odd. I have saw what the death of my brother did to my mom. I almost lost my oldest son a few years back. He was given 24-48 hours to live. It was maddening the intense hurt. Wanting and desperately praying that you are in a nightmare. Hoping that you'll wake up and none of it will be real. Just another nightmare.

My heart bleeds for this family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: