You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: One Of My First Experiences With An Entity

Real Ghost Stories

One Of My First Experiences With An Entity

 

I have had many experiences with ghosts/spirits both kind and evil; I am a magnet for some reason while years can go in between these experiences they tend to come in groups. I am a Baptist so while I believe in demons I believe that I am protected from harm thus they can try to scare me or even touch me, yet they can in no way posses me. Most experiences are visual and auditory with only two being physical. The one I share with you is visual and auditory.

It happened seven years ago in a particularly sad time in my life which I believe allowed me to be open for this. I was home alone in a home I was sharing with my sister and her husband; it was evening time in early November, I would say around 7pm or so in Hayward, California and thus was very dark early. I had settled into my room to play some games on my computer. All the lights in the house were switched off and I had all the light I needed from my monitor. I was intently playing a game that involved only minor concentration when I noticed a noise coming from my kitchen which sounded like a piece of silver wear falling into our stainless steel sink, thinking that I better go check it out I walked in to the kitchen to find all the silver wear clean and waiting in the strainer to be put away. I figured my sister had washed them (which I later found out she had). I looked in the sink to find the stray piece that had fallen, yet there was nothing in the sink, I even checked the disposal as we all know how silver wear loves to go down there, but again nothing, must be my imagination I thought to myself.

As I headed back to my room after dismissing this as my imagination I heard something slap against my bedroom door which had somehow shut itself while I was in the kitchen. Strange I thought, I don't remember shutting my door, and then I thought "I have a home invader" and instinctively grabbed my firearm from its hiding spot in the living room. As I opened the door to my room I saw my fathers cane lying on the floor at the base of the door, this cane has been in my closet for years and never moved. Now my mind was really boggled and I started to panic just a tad when I heard from the kitchen the sound of all the silver wear falling into the sink, which I must say startled me quite a bit causing me to go into a search mode.

After a quick search of the house I found no outsiders, the house was empty save me so I put the firearm up and headed into the kitchen to wash the silver wear that must have fallen into the sink; however the silver wear was sitting in the strainer where it had been earlier. At this point I figured I something was having a little fun at my expense so I put away the silver wear and headed back to my room to continue my gaming while still very shaken. As I sat down I felt this feeling of dread come over me, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end and it really felt like the air was being squeezed from my lungs, I have never felt fear like that in my life, It felt like something was trying to push its way inside my consciousness, It took all my willpower but I started to quote the bible's psalms 23, and as I got about a quarter of the way through it I heard this hiss in my head, and across the room the lid of my laundry basket pooped into a vertical position, lingered for a moment or two then slammed shut. The room felt normal again, I could breathe a bit easier albeit I turned on a few lights and went outside for a few minutes, but everything seemed to go back to normal. I was a bit shaken the rest of the evening but luckily a female friend of mine happened to come over and spend the night and listened to my experience. She believed it was an entity of some sort and possibly a demonic one. Whatever it was, it had me shaken which isn't easy to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amellon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nofightingduringpinkfloyd (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Take a deep breath, remain calm, cool, collected, and what I do when in a situation like that, sing a song verse. I usually do native american cause for me it rolls off the tounge, but sometimes when the words escape me I sing some wish you were here and think of my dead dog, and uncle. Usually works like a charm
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
during those situations, you need to relax as much as you can and try not let the ghost feel fear from you because that's what feeds those naughty ghost...
What you did, resiting a verse from the bible, was a good technique...
I just shout at them to go away and stay calm...
It works for me but not for everyone...
You have to really be angry or the ghost will notice you're faking and that will just urge them to do more...
amellon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
If I am sensitive it would explain a lot of what I have seen. I was a medic in the Army and I hated going to the terminal illness wards, it always felt like things were there, hanging on to something. I know it sounds crazy, but its what I felt there.
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
that is quite interesting
Good thing your friend listened to you and stuck by your side. Through times like that all you need is some one to be by your side

Yours truly haunted,
Sora ❤
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
This is another story I have to agree with Tonith on. Although I am a Christian and believe in demons, I also believe in ghosts and feel this was basically a poltergeist you experienced.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
While I don't believe in demons I do think there can be poltergeist activity. Thing is it's not always coming from a ghost but a person is the catalyst. Stress, has been known to bring it on in households with teens. Not saying this is your case just a theory that has proven itself enough to be valid in the paranormal field. You maybe attracting them because you are sensitive by nature. Gift or curse? Guess it's how one deals with it.
amellon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
The next one I submit will be one that shook me to my core, it gave me a real drive to learn more about these things and what they can and can't do.
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
wow creepy I would have left the house as soon as all the silver ware fell
Nice story thanks for sharing -diana

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: