You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Haleys Ouija Board 2

Real Ghost Stories

Haleys Ouija Board 2

 

So on with my Ouija board.

By this time I was about 13 and in the 7th grade. I was really hooked on this thing, to the point I was blowing off every one around me. I would skip everything and go home to "play". Now my "friend" had a name it was Stu. Stu told me things that were true but he also told lies. He told me for ages that he loved me and that I was his world and I really thought it was the truth. Now I'll skip ahead to the bad stuff...

When I was just 3 months from my 14th birthday I asked the board when I'd die, it said that I would die on my 14th birthday. Well fortunately that didn't happen I'm still here, but the next series of events almost led me to my demise.

I turned 14 and slowly became more and more depressed to the point I would just sleep or play. Things started getting so bad that my sister and I were fighting all the time; this was a big change because we were always so close. We weren't just arguing we were fist fighting as well.

One day I was on my way home from school and tried to commit suicide, just before I could do anything Mindy and my friend April came in and some what I was doing. They managed to stop me then they proceeded to tell my mother and I got in a world of trouble, and was taken to an intuition.

In my absence Mindy tore that board to shreds and that was the last time I had anything to do with another Ouija board.

After a year Mindy and I fixed our relationship and have been close ever since.

Thank you for reading this story.

love Haleybug

Other hauntings by haleybug

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haleybug, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
yea paranormalgirl ouija boards are bad
NEVER have heard anything good come from them
rsclover (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
wow they are so dangerous! I saw them selling the Ouija boards at Great Mall! 😲
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
ah, Lucky for you that the spirtes did not hurt your friend for destroying the ouija board. Ouija board spirtes tend to be mainly from the depts of the spirte world. They tend to get people to trust it then trys to harm them to take control of them. They feed off of a person fears and sadness. If I was you, I would get a prist to see if any spirtes possesed you. Any thing you need to ask me, e-mail me. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
First of all let me say yes I am from the school of hard knocks. I've had a very tough life, but no addictions to date. I don't seem to have an addictive personalty. I didn't deal to much with peer pressure, and I haven't had much of a problem with depressiion since all this happened, so you decide. A for my age I'm way past that age now umm like 27. Fitting in was never my thing. Yes I do have a dark side but it takes a lot to bring it out, some of you people shouldn't be so judgmental since you didn't live through it. What you have here is a genrealized summary of what happened you have no idea of what I went through or who I was or who I am now. So please don't give me a bunch of psycoanalyical stuff unless you have sat down and talked with me personally.
Angelfeathers,thank you. You are very right no one can really know the devastation they can reall cause. I truly hope that the has an impact on the readers. Thank you all for sharing your comments with me.
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
are Ouija boards that bad?
That's shocking...
I thought it's just a tool that helps you communicate with the wandering spirits...
Apparently, I was wrong and it is a dangerous tool...
Good thing I found out before my sleepover...
I was planning on doing it with my friends...
trina (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
You should never use a board unless in a controled enviroment. I have seen and have several friends whose use of a board as a GAME? Has went very bad and some of them it stuck to.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
What some see as demonic, I see as psychological. The same thing has happened to kids that got into negative music or negative thinking to the point where it becomes obsessive. Some people have a predisposition for such obsession. It takes different forms but it's still basically a form of addiction. I'm glad you got the help you needed but do I think it was the ouija board? No I don't. I think your fantasy life got out of control coupled with depression which many teens experience around your age due to hormones, lack of confidence, constant bodily changes and the pressure of fitting in. It may be due to a chemical imbalance as well which is a physical problem that effects the mind. I don't know your diagnosis but I hope you got straightened out and yes maybe best to leave things like the supernatural to those mature and knowledgable enough to handle it.
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Ouija boards, hmmmmm... When I was still seven years old my brother witnessed how ouija boards can harm people three girls from his school was possessed right after playing that thing thank God you're alright and didn't end up like they did.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Haley, thanks for sharing your story. No one can fully understand the DEVASTATION these things can wreak unless s/he has experienced it; but your story serves as a powerful warning and will definitely give curious readers some pause before proceeding into dark waters.

You truly are lucky to have escaped as well as you did. I had a friend many years ago whose story parallels yours -- but she did not fare so well as you. Her life was ruined by her obsession. She was immersed into the darkness, and she has never found her way out. I'm glad that you're doing well now and appreciate your willingness to speak up.

Peace unto you and yours,
A.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Thank you very much for your comments. I too am glad to be alive, and a whole diffrent person now. Since that time I haven't gone near another one and won't. There are some people who think that it can cause no harm and I feel that they should really put some thought in to what they might do, and the harm they could bring upon them selves and others by playing with this thing.
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
i see ouija bords as a curse... And shouldnt be sold as toys... In ancient times they were probly only used by priests etc... People with the right knowledge to use tough... Even they probly made there misthakes... And this is just another story... Telling about almost killing herself... Or get killed... Ouija bords in my eyes should be pronounced illegal... Tough I'm happy your still alive and could post this story.

Much love care and peace. From me:P ❤ ❤
Jammydodgerman (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Glad you are okay now Haleybug.
This is a message to everyone that ouija can be very dangerous. You don't want to be asking questions about death, especially your own death. Even if the board is wrong, the mere thought of it circles round your head to the point of suicide/ fortunately for Haleybug near suicide if it wasn't for your friends.

I would never go near ouija, youre dabbling with things that are unknown...
phantomshadow (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Hi haleybug

Very sad story, I'm very sorry that the ouija
Board nearly drove you to suicide. I hope that you are feeling better now.

Ive never tried a ouija board but I know people who have. My friend Louis tried and said that the doors of the house opened with a bang and paper flew everywhere.

-phantom shadow

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: