You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Answers For My House

Real Ghost Stories

Answers For My House

 

I am actually a bit ashamed of myself here. I came here for help originally when I didn't know where else to turn and you people helped me find it. Now it's been so long and I haven't posted any updates on what has been happening.

I've tried coming back a few times, especially shortly after the last time I posted but I seem to have bad luck, any time I think to check in on this site and let people know what is going on they aren't accepting any new submissions. I have a lot to tell at this point.

Shortly after the last time I posted I had that "medium" come in to take a look around, I was really hopeful that he was going to be the solution, but as it turned out he was a hoax. None of what he had to say matched the situation, he said the child ghost was a boy not a girl, and he seemed to find some significance in the kitchen, which has not in my experience been involved in any of the activity in the house.

After this debacle I continued trying to contact the first medium, the one who said he couldn't help once he heard the address, eventually I got him to agree to talk to me, and I even managed to convince him to come back.

Yes, apparently he had been to my home before, when a previous tenant had lived there. When the first thing he mentioned was the staircase I knew we were on the right track. Turns out when he had been there before he had been struck and nearly thrown down the staircase by what I call "the brute" He said he does believe the brute is a residual spirit but it interacted with him because at the time he was trying to attune himself to the little girl.

He described a lot of detail of what was going on, the girl, her hair, her dress even the manner of her death. As for the brute he could tell that he came up the stairs and was trying to get into the room which is now my office and once he did manage to get in there was violence, sudden and brutal violence. And best of all he gave me a starting point for my research, a name of the little girl.

With the name I was able to get her date of death and view her obit in the library newspaper archives. She was survived by both her parents and as I had initially thought she died in the late 40's.

I also did a little research on her parents and found the source of the brute and the crying woman. Apparently the man of the house was a pretty mean fellow when he was drunk and on the particular night in question (over a year after their daughter took her plunge down the stairs) his wife took refuge in their bedroom, which I guess is now my office, and when he battered the door open she gave him one barrel from his own shotgun, and saved the other barrel for herself.

The medium is willing to come back and try a sΓ©ance to see if we can actually talk to the girl since she hasn't really appeared to me since that first time, but the charges are a bit expensive. I intend to have him in soon and will tell you what happens ASAP. It's almost strange how after living in a house with something like this you almost get used to it, but since the brute is just a residual, an echo I may end up leaving that if it ends up being costly to have him exorcised, but I want to see if we can help her move on.

Also my initial concern over the change in my son's hair color (I think at that point I was focusing on something minor and insignificant to distract myself from how scared I was) was just a summer thing, by fall his hair had darkened again.

Other hauntings by LordRhodium

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LordRhodium, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
raingrl01: yeah the admins or whoever codes this site had us all a little confused with the whole clowns thing, interesting coincidence with you and your friend.

Jasmin314: You actually aren't late more like just in time, I think we may have finally seen the end of this situation just a couple days ago. I'm going to make a post now.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
Wow Sorry I am late but I haven't been on here for a while. I have been waiting on an update on what was going on in your home. I haven't heard of such revelations before. I am glad that you were able to find the resources for your confirmation of this haunting. How is you son doing through all of this? ❀ jasmin
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Thanks! I will check out your other post! That was a pretty good April fool's day joke! Good one! πŸ˜† I thought I was going nuts because my best friend and I were talking about how scary clowns are last night and then today a lot of words on here were the word clown! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Ha! April Fools everyone. I just figured that out no, that is what this whole clown thing is about.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
What on earth is going here, before I leave any comemnts I would like to know where this clown has come from. Is text being altered on the comments on this story, how bizarre!

LordRhodium, I need to refer back to your previous stories. I will off course leave you my comments on doing so.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Again, I'm writing something completely different from what is being published!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
What's happening with the comments on this story? What are these referrences about "clowns"?

The comments were different when we wrote them and now they seem like they've been altered!
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Rhodes68: I'm not sure if she was mourning or scared, after all most mourning mothers don't feel the need to barricade themselves in the bedroom with a shotgun.

Tonith: Yeah if it turns out there isn't anything that can be done for the parents I can learn to live with a little stomping and slamming on occasion. Recently I was standing near the door in my office and heard the stomping so I stepped back so that the door wouldn't hit me when it opened.

Raingrl01: We do know he was involved although the medium gets the impression that it was accidental. A bit more detail on the previous post I made.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Wow! What a tragedy. How did the little girl die? Was it by her father's hand? Great story. I hope that you can help that little girl find some peace. It's awful when children are stuck here. 😭 Good luck and please keep us posted! ❀
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
Yes, I would say residual haunting. Any time there is a traumatic event like murder/suicide there is the possibility of it's imprinting itself in the space. I don't know if something like this can be exorcised. It has no intelligence, it's just like a recording playing over and over again. How does one handle it? Not sure but if someone knows on this site they will tell you. I am going to assume it's your own sensitivity picking up on this and outside of learning how to block it out I'm not sure what can be done.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
Oh my! So it was a family, the mother was in fact mourning and the male sinister presence was actually the father of the family!

I'm shocked by the revelations or rather confirmation you received LordRhodium even if that seemed to be the case from the start!

Well, at least SOME stories may have a happy end here so I'm glad you found someone who could help you in your investigation and hopefully you will be able to release the energies!

Please keep us posted-I'd love to know if there was some sort of closure!

Tammy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: