You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Old Farmhouse

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Old Farmhouse

 

This happened back when my sister and me were little.

We lived in a real old two-storey farmhouse, about two miles from the nearest neighbour. We were always hearing strange noises in the house. The stairway that led upstairs was very narrow with a door that closed them off from the downstairs.

My family always heard footsteps coming down the stairs, but the stairs door never opened. When you got up the nerve to open the door no one would be there. There was always something weird going on in that house.

During that time my sister and me had to share a bed. So one night we hadn't been in the bed very long, when my sister whispered look at the foot of the bed. Standing there was two solid figures that looked just like my mom and dad. They were dressed in the same type of clothes my parents would have worn. The figures just stood there staring at us, they never smiled, just a cold stare. It scared us so bad we covered up our heads. When we looked again they were gone.

The next morning we asked our parents if they had been in our room and they said they hadn't been. Our other siblings hadn't seen anything or heard anything.

This house has long been torn down, and no one lives around that area anymore. To this day when my sister and me talk about this, it still raises the hair on the back of my neck.

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I sort of agree with bruce3472. Firstly, if you're parents entered, the door would open. If they exit, the door closes. You see? You would have heard their entry. So these ghost/entities whatever have been formed to your parents for some reason. I agree also with KimSouthO... Look the previous tense on google.
ponyboy (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
the story you just told was kind of scary
But it might have been the people who use to
Live there.

Some times ghosts look like people who are
Around or who is close to in this case your parents.

God bless you princess. ❤
IfriendJinx (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
That story gives me the shivers and make MY hairs stand!
I can easily picture the 2 figures.
Whitch I wish I couldn't
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Very strange that these entities would show themselves as your parents. I agree with Tonith in that they probably didn't show emotion since they couldn't duplicate it.

This thought just occurred to me... Perhaps they showed themselves to you in your parents' form in the hopes that when you saw them you wouldn't be frightened.

KimSouthO has a point as well when refering to dopplegangers.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Look up the term Doppleganger. You can locate a definition to this on Google.

Doppleganger can take on he form of other individuals. It is thought that entities do this for any number of reasons. This may be what you saw.

Where there any other occurances in the home?

God Bless!
princess2 (16 stories) (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
My mom and dad were never ones to scare kids in the night. We had about always lived in big spooky twostory houses back in the country during my growing up years. These thing really happened.
bruce3472 (13 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Personally speaking it could have been the parents playing a joke on you then denying it. I don't see much of a ghost story here. I am not trying to make light of your story, but I personally had experiences with a graver image than that of what you saw... Please do not take offense to this post. I am merely stating my opinion. If this post offends you, then I must apologize sincerely. I hope you have a good night and thanks for the read.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
Wow. I don't know what that was but both of you saw it so you know it wasn't just imagination. Could it have been spirits that lived there impersonating your parent's image? I don't know. Very odd but yet very believable in the way you told it. The only explanation I can think of is what they call bi-location phenomenon. Being able to see the essence of someone while their actual physical form is elsewhere, and that would mean your parents were having a duel out of body experience and I know that sounds like quite the stretch. Guess anything is possible but I would be more apt to think whatever resided in that house was taking on the form of your parents but without any emotion because that they couldn't duplicate.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: