You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparition Of A Lady In White - Am I Going To Die

Real Ghost Stories

Apparition Of A Lady In White - Am I Going To Die

 

My experience was around three months ago.

I have had this feeling that this year I will die since the first day of the year. So I have not been feeling myself. I have always been a believer in Ghosts/spirits although I had never seen any. I am catholic.

One night when saying my prayers I asked for a sign that all would be well and that my feeling were wrong. That night I slept soundly until around 3am, where I turned around only to encounter a white figure of a lady with long hair and whose body had a sort of bluish energy pulsing through it. She was standing over my dog and did not look in my direction. I thought that perhaps I was seeing things but I looked twice and watched as she disappeared before my eyes.

My reason for telling this story is that since then I have been feeling worse and although white is supposed to symbolise good, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to whether or not this is true.

All the stories I have read in the past have said that the white woman/lady is supposed to symbolise that the person is going to die and I would just like to know if anyone knows this to be true or untrue.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cassie

Xxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cassie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Downofpower (13 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
You are going to die lol kidding you going to be alright just stop thinking you are going to die
Tamzinite (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
Seems weird this person hasn't replied to any of the comments I hope that they are ok
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
I'd say why'd you worry about it. Nut I'd of worried too. Hope you are doing better.
TinaBug1975 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
I don't think you have a thing to worry about. I am looking at this way, you seen this lady in white on a night that you asked for a sign that all would be well, you have already been told in another post, and I too believe that you got just that, you are going to be OK. It also sounds to me that you were being told not to worry so much, because when it is your time, you are going to a very special place.

It also sounds like you may have some kind of depression, or an anxeity disorder, like I do. When I was a child my dream was to become a mommy, that is all I ever wanted, now I am a mom of three wonderful boys and sometimes I feel so empty, almost like I have nothing else to achieve and my life is over. I suggest take a look at what has changed in your life, what is missing that was there before, what did you do with the time that is now spent worrying about your death. Then what you need to do is pick up a hobby or something along those lines to fill that time, and hopefully the feelings will go away. You may also want to talk to your doctor, to make you feel better. Get a physical, blood work if you are able, the reason I say this, is sometimes those feelings could be your minds way of warning you that something is wrong with you, but it really sounds like more anxiety to me. Hope everything turns around for you.
Tina
konakissed (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
Hi Cassie~
I just want to point out that you "asked" you higher powers for a "sign" that all would be well... I think they granted your request and all will be well...
~Stay Blessed Cassie
connorbenson (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
If you were quite sure you were not dreaming I doubt you are going to die, you might of seen her, but trust me you probably wont. I bet you have a very long life ahead of you 😊
Darklight (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
I agree with Vox, you most likely have a long life ahead of oyu. What you rpobably saw was a spirit looking for something else.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_women_ (mythology)

I found this website that you might want to check out. It describes a woman in white in different countries and the different interpretations. Hope it helps! ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
I am not sure if you were dreaming or not but to see an apparation means symbolizes your spirit for life. It may also be a message from your unconscious.

Alternatively, it may indicate that someone in your life in not really there for you. Although they are physically present, they are not mentally or emotionally there for you.

Do you have any unresolved issues, are you carrying something with you that you may need to talk about?
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
If seeing a lady in white means that person will die soon, then half the posters on paranormal web sites are already ghosts themselves by now 😁.

You may have seen something, but don't take it to heart that it has anything to do with your death. You seem to be under some stress or depression so take care of that and I am sure everything will be ok.

Even the best of us get down at times and that can often lead us to see or experience things that might be a little off, but not really paranormal.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Cassie, You will be alright. Nothing to worry. Maybe it has something to do with your d.og. The s.pirit didn't look right at you so you should be fine. I got really sick one time when I encounter a s.pirit myself but I won't go into that. Be strong and stop worrying so much. White only mean good in other forms. Um... Not so sure about the s.pirit world. Seek help if it happens again. But talk to p.eople around you like friend and family to see if they can help you more on the issue.

Don't you wish it like the movies where you shot fireball at it and cast chainlighting desto. Rying whatever it is. Zap Zap bam gone. Heheheee =P
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Not to disagree with everyone else here but in some Asian cultures white does symbolize death, Japanese I think...

But the likelihood is that this was not directly connected.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
And I thought you said you never have seen any ghost or spirits before 😊.
You know what? There are times in our lives when we just flat out feel down. Some people, during that time, assume it to mean that their end is near. That is not always the case. In fact, more often than not there could be nothing farther from the truth.
I do not know what stories you have read in the past that may have incorrectly taught you that the woman in white is supposed to mean someone is going to die. I also do not know what it was about this particular experience that would think that is what she meant by her visit.
Many people who have claimed to see angels actually describe them in much the same way that you have described this woman.
I would suggest you do a bit of soul searching to see what it is that has happened SINCE the sighting of this woman that COULD have caused you to feel "worse". I would also try and think about what happened BEFORE to make you think that you WERE going to die. MAYBE this woman has NOTHING to do with those feelings... AT ALL.
But then, MAYBE she was there to help you CURB those feelings.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
I don't think you have anything to worry about with seeing a lady in white but maybe getting some help with your anxiety will clear all this up. You may have a chemical imbalance which is causing you to have negative thinking, anxiety and depression. Once they can balance that you will feel much better and with a little talk therapy all this will be behind you. It's a physical problem that effects people mentally and there is help for it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Cassie,
First of all, some of the legends and fables are just that... Legends and fables.
The whote apparition you saw may have nothing at all to do with what you are feeling, she just appeared and since you have been feeing bad, it struck you odd when you saw her.

Second, how old are you? If you are feeling this bad and this frightened, you need to see a doctor and see if there is a health issue. You can not let this fear of dying rule your life. We will all die sme day, however if all we think about is that happening, then none of us will be really living.

God Bless!
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Hi Cassie, thanks for the story.

What you probably fear is the "Bhan Sidhe" ("Ban-shee", "White Faerie" in Gaelic) from Irish lore that is supposed to foretell a coming death in the family. But one part of the BanSidhe myth that was missing in your story was that she is supposed to appear at a distance, and be wailing at the top of her lungs, by the moonlight. I'm not sure how tied in to Irish lore you are, but I'll bet what you saw was either a residual haunt or a ghost who had some tie to your place, or maybe even to your pet.

I bet you have a long life ahead of you.
Enchantress (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
If that was the case I should have been dead along time ago, just an old folklore to scare people...

But maybe you should check out the paranoia you having, I believe your mind is so strong that if you are negative you invite negative energy...

Besides if its your time, its your time, see what's next in life for you:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: