You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Jericho Bridge Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Jericho Bridge Haunted?

 

This happened to my boyfriend, me and at the time his best friend, and a few other people while ago, last summer. My boyfriend and his best friend were OBSESSED with the paranormal. I wasn't much into trying to see or contact spirits at the time even though I was truly fascinated. The covered bridge on Jerusalem Road was our nightly hangout place. The first few nights I went with them things seemed to be normal. The eerie feeling was there as they were telling me what was around us (spirit wise). Before I go any further, my boyfriend and his friend were convinced that they had "powers." I can't remember what his best friend said he could do but apparently my boyfriend was a "healer" and apparently his best friend scared off anything he wanted to scare off. To this day I'm not exactly sure if this is true.

We went to the bridge one night and I decided to grow some balls and go inside the bridge. Everyone warned me because it is said that that's an easy place to get possessed. I'm very strong minded so I didn't care. I crouched down on the side and waited nothing. I waited for about ten minutes and right as I was about to get up and leave I started listening to the water. There were people talking! So I went back to my boyfriend and asked him what was down under the bridge. He told me it was all water. Everyone was on the road that that night. So I told them all about it and they decided to go down there to check it out. No one was there! I know I'm not crazy and I wasn't hearing stuff.

A little while after that, I was sitting on the ledge of the bridge because I didn't want to go back in. That's when I heard a woman singing. It was like a lullaby. I'm getting the chills as I write this. It was so creepy and it sounded like as if it were coming from right behind me.

My last experience and the bridge was when we were walking out. We were all walking down this long road and we heard a man roaring/screaming in the distance (inside the woods). Also, as soon as we left the little road and got onto the main road, the temperature changed drastically. We were on foot the whole time by the way.

If anyone had any of these same encounters on this bridge, I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

Thanks

Other hauntings by bethxbrutality

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bethxbrutality, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jodiecakes (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Back in the 90's a couple friends and myself went to check out the bridge. Rumor was a lady threw off her baby. It was real creapy. Supposedly you park under the bridge, turn the engine off (with keys still in the ignition and open the passenger door. The a hand will shut door and start the car. I happened to be the passenger. I was not to thrilled to be the one expossed with the door open. Any way we were in a two door car. The guys were in the back. We sat there a couple minutes, when I felt a cold chill, then the door slammed shut. It could not have been a prank because the guys in the back seat would of had to climb over me to shut the door. Supper freaky and still don't know if it was my friend who started the car. But we tore butt out of there. Not long after my friends car was in a wreck and a few days later my brother was driving mine and got hit in the side. Was it from the bridge?
Jennn (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the time... This would've been some time in the mid to late 90s. I keep meaning to make my way back up there... Unfortunately I don't stay up as late as I used to anymore, lol, and in my experience with the bridge, it always just seemed most "active" between 2AM to 4AM.
Jennn (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I know this is an older post but I just stumbled across it and what I just read just made my stomach drop.:) I lived in the Perry Hall area as a teenager. Me and my group of friends used to hang out at Jericho Covered Bridge as well late at night - it was the kind of place that you just felt drawn to. Now I've had a lot of experiences there, some good, some which felt threatening, but there is one that until this day stands out to me most of all. One night ridiculously late I was sitting on the stone wall listening to the babbling of the brook, all else was quiet, when I begun to hear what sounded like a woman singing. It wasn't something that I thought I heard but then was gone... As I listened the singing became clearer and clearer, I could hear it clear as day except I was still never able to make out the words. My impression was that it sounded just like a LULLABY, the tune seemed sooooo familiar yet I was never able to quite place it. Eventually the sceptic in me started to walk around to find the source thinking even that late at night that it could be coming from one of the neighboring houses? But regardless of any direction I went, the singing seemed to still be coming from the bridge itself. My friends heard it to, we ended up sitting on the wall for a long time just listening to that lovely song, but eventually it began to fade and then it was gone. The feeling I had at the bridge that night hearing that lullaby was so strong, so peaceful. I hope your experience with it was just as positive as mine:)
sowrongitsthomas (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
i live in north east maryland and have been to jerichos bridge many times. During one investigation I we used and EVP recorder. When we were reviewing it we asked "should we stay here?" and clear as day you hear a dark deep voice say "leave" we also so a shadow figure that night and our reaction is caught on the evp. It scared us all really badly. I believe the bridge to be haunted.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
Maybe the woman siging on the brige was someone who threw her baby over it. Yes I know it sound bad but you know back in the old days many people would kill they'er children and sometimes there self too if they couldn't afford to keep them and it makes sense if she was singing a lullaby becuse she could have gone with the babyand she sung to keep it asleep and com. And the man screaming could have found the baby and the people talking could be like P.I or something trying to figure it out.

I really don't want to gross people out but that what could have happen. You said that the scream sounded like it came from the woods, remember sound does travel.
GIRLIE 😭 😭 😢
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Thanks for the story, where is this place? I would go and check this out. Might be another spirte portol. If this is one then DO NOT GO THERE. There have been times people go in a spirte portol and never seen agian. They just disapears. The spirte portol is believed to be a rip in the dimisional balence. Red eys is a sign of a demon from the depts of the spirte world. VERY DANGEROUSE THINGS. E-mail me at dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
Thats scary! I would've crapped myself. >< What did the lullaby sound like?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
"Red Eyes" and male like person that growls...

Sounds like The "Moth Man" legend
bethxbrutality (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
I investigated the place all last summer. There's apparently a man trapped in the woods who always growls and roars and screams. There's also apparently a demon named "Red Eyes" who lives under the bridge. I've seen the eyes before.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Have you ever thought about going back there and investigating this brigde? I think that would be wise and maybe you would get something. Good luck! ❤
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Interesting story, but I have to say that this sounds JUST like the bridge story we have here in my city.
Boston (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Maryland? That's pretty cool, most of these stories about covered haunted bridges occur in New Hampshire.
bethxbrutality (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
This bridge is believed to be haunted. I failed to mention that back in the late... Whatevers lol there were lynchings on the bridge. And it is said that if you drive through and look in your rear view mirror, you'll see people hanging. But I have never seen anything. And it def. Wasn't a bird. It was singing. In some different language.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Moving water can make sounds like conversation under the right conditions and woods contain creatures that make weird sounds. The lullabye sound could have been a night bird singing or a mating call kind of thing with some nocturnal animal. I know these are a lot of "could be's" but the power of suggestion can make the imagination go wild within the right setting. Is the bridge haunted? Before I would believe that I would have to investigate and hopefully record evidence.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
oh this sounds really familiar...

I've read this story somewhere. Not exactly word for word... But similar

You're right KimSouth I think every town etc, has this story. Maybe ours did...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Seems to me that every town, city, suburb or what ever you call it has a story about these 'briges'.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: