You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Church Choir

Real Ghost Stories

Church Choir

 

These events occurred at a church, and the surrounding area, in my hometown. When I was approx. 12 years old, two friends and I decided to stay up all night riding skateboards. On the way back home, we were walking by the church. One of my friends said the church was haunted. He said there was a connection to the church and the street lights that lined the edge of the church property, as well as the lights on the cross attached to the church. My friend proceeded to say something towards the church that I considered inappropriate. Before the words completely left his mouth the street light above our heads went off. Of course, we took off running. I witnessed this a few more times over the next couple of years. Sometimes one of the lights on the cross would cut off. This always occurred when certain things were spoken from the mouth. As time passed, I forgot about these events.

When I was approx. 17, we started playing basketball at the church. The goal/court was in the church parking lot. A core group of us would play basketball 'till the wee hours of the night. One of those nights we were still playing at about 2am. I began to hear music playing. This went on for several minutes, so I finally asked the others where this music was coming from. No one really seemed to care. I decided to jump in my truck, and drive around the nearby houses. I couldn't find the source of the music. When I returned, I could still hear it. By this point, one of my friends had become curious as well. He told me he walked through the play ground near the church while I was gone. He said it was the church choir and one of the people singing was his girlfriend at the time. So, I walked with him to the doors of the church. By this time, the strange music had been playing steady for well over an hour. Sure enough, I heard what sounded like a church choir. I could even feel a faint vibration of several feet tapping on the old wooden floor of the church, while standing on the outside porch. We listened for a few more minutes, and then returned to our games. When we left an hour late, the music was still steadily playing.

As strange as it all was, the vibe I felt coming from inside the church, was not an unhappy one. Of course, we investigated with the church (Was anyone working inside? Was there a tape recorder or CD player in there? The answers were always "no").

There were other things that happened at this church from time to time. The old black and white TV playing a show that seemed to be from another era (there wasn't even a TV in that particular room). The light "shows". The good vibes and the bad vibes (usually when I was being bad). As with everything, when a little time gets between things, we store them away.

I'm glad I was able to go back and do a little remembering.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jayr123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I din'nt really get the story at all! You hear music, you looked evrywher to see where it was comin from... But you don't mention if you looked inside teh church?

I think most of us are confused, little details can help...:)

Regards,
Logan
Darklight (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
Good luck in you finding out the source of this mysterious choir =o Like what someone said it mau be an angelic choir
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
That is interesting. Did you ever do any research on the church? Are you still in the area where the church is located? If so then I would try to look up some history. Good luck! ❤
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Hey I can understand why you were playin ball at night since you were 17 years old and I think that is old enough. I am not confused, because I just think you just worded your story funny and I understand it overall. There really isn't enough evidence that it was paranormal, because all occurances have obvious and logical explanations. You said that there wasn't actually anyone inside, but the choir was singing and stomping so you're obviously assuming that it was supernatural...ok...fine, but you don't actually know that the choir wasn't in there practicing. Do you? ❤ Jasmin
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I am also a bit confused about the choir, no choir, part of the story. Also the tv was playing a black and white show but there was no tv in the room? Totally lost me on that part.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
So there was no church choir singing that night but there was one but they were not there at the time this music was playing? I hope I got that part right lol. I know there are radio waves that can bounce off metal objects and you will actually hear a broadcast. The lights could be nothing more than the power station doing checks and you just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Now I could be wrong on all this, just saying, there can be a natural explanation before assuming it's supernatural.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Jayr123, I'm pretty sure that what you heard was the angelic chorus. I've heard it, too -- twice. The first time, it woke me from a sound sleep, and it was so loud that I thought my clock-radio was on! I spent the next ten minutes searching my house (in the dark because I didn't want to wake my family) for the source of the music. The sound seemed to emanate from everywhere. Each room I went into, the volume was equally loud. Eventually, I figured out what it was; and I went back to bed to listen for another half-hour before the music gradually faded away. Although I couldn't translate the exact words, I instinctively knew that it was a song of praise, and it was beautiful. The second time I heard it, I knew immediately what it was; and I recognized it as a tremendous blessing.

Peace unto you and yours,
A.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
KimsouthO, I agree with you,lol. I'm a little bit confused about the whole story,lol. Reneespring, he probably snuck out, and parents didn't know,lol.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Did you mean to indicate that indeed there actually was not a choir playing inside the church? I am a bit confused.

Thanks,
God Bless!
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Your parents allowed you to play all night outside? What were they thinking?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: