You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dead Uncle

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Uncle

 

My parent's and I went to Missoula for a week when I was around 2. On our return my parent's received a really sad call telling us my uncle had died. I could not accompany them as the roads where too dangerous for me to travel with them so I had to stay home with my sister and her boyfriend.

Not long after my parent's had left, maybe a few hours I was downstairs in our living room playing with building blocks when I saw him my uncle! I was so excited I sat on his lap for awhile and talked to him. When my sister came down stairs (1 hour later) she asked who I was talking to and I told her uncle jeep. She just froze in her place. Her face turned white. I just stood there confused, I had no idea he was dead.

Three days later my parent's came home and I told them about my encounter. That day wasn't really scary but the weirdest part was that when my parent's asked "what was he wearing?" I told them and they said he was wearing the same clothes when he died.

Me and my family talk about my encounter every now and then but I will never stop talking about it to everyone I meet on the street or at school! It's just amazing!

I think this is absolutely amazing and it should happen to every family who has lost a loved one...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vampie_cow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
That is so sweet. I've been lucky enough to be able to have that happen to me several times over the years. It never gets old. You wish and pray that last good bye and many people never get it. I have many times and it sounds like you have too. ❤
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
You have really great memories for one thing. Not trying to be mean or anything. If I was your sister I probably be the same. It was probably a way for your uncle to come say his good byes.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I ask this only out of curiosity. How is it that your parents knew what your Uncle Jeep died in? They were at home with you when they received the phone call.
It is just absolutely wonderful that you should remember so much of this (it helps that the family still talks about it) from the age of two years old. Family memories. How wonderful.
Thank you.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
That would certainly be nice if all of us were visited by our loved ones who have passed on. It's obvious your uncle loved you and that you were very special to him. What a nice story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: