You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Well... That's Trippy

Real Ghost Stories

Well... That's Trippy

 

Greetings... I've got something to share with you that might not be anything paranormal, but is certainly trippy. I've been reading stories off of this site for years and now, I finally have something to share... Here goes...

The past three years or so has been extremely challenging for me including a divorce, homelessness, unemployment on top of a pretty heavy depression that came with the fact that my "life" in general hasn't exactly worked out as planned... I know, I know... "waaaaa", everyone goes through ups and downs...

My point... During these turbulent times I picked up the habit of praying or "talking to God"... I really feel a connection with God and I like to Thank Him, Praise Him and generally speak my mind to Him. I also ask Him for protection when I think I will need it (long drives in heavy traffic, meetings, etc...) I've even asked Him to bless certain things that I feel are a gift from above (food, herb, music, etc...).

That being said... To the story we go...

I'm sure I am not alone, in the fact that I have been granted the gift of Direct TV (for all those with the NFL package, you know what I mean... Truly a blessing from above!). Anyhow, if you do have Direct TV you are probably familiar with the remote control. Here is what I mean, the controller has a centrally located yellow (select) button and four adjacent buttons that control the direction of the channel guide browser. Well, several months ago, out of the blue, the UP direction button just stopped working, everything else was fine. I took out the batteries to see if they were going dead... Nope they were fine, so I just chalked it up as a defective controller and didn't give it another thought, until last week. Keep in mind that I use this controller seemingly hundreds of times every day, and the non-operational button was something I had to work around every time I access the "channel guide".

Well, the other night, I was in my bedroom/office working on the computer, with the TV on in the background. I was paying attention to the work on my screen mostly but was distracted by odd sounds on the other side of the room. Just like the sound of things moving when there was nothing moving... It just struck me as weird. I was getting a little frustrated and distracted so I decided to give a quick prayer... It hasn't hurt in the past.

So I say... "O.K. - if there are any unwanted or uninvited spirits in this room, I command you to leave in the name of Jesus Christ"... I then gave the room kind of a "so there" look and went back to work on my computer.

This is where it got weird... I had the controller resting on my keyboard tray between me and my keyboard... The very next thing (after a couple of moments) I did after the impromptu "blessing" was grab the controller off my keyboard tray to change the channel. I hit the "guide" button to see if there was anything "good" on... And can you believe it... The UP button worked perfectly, and has since that night... WTF?

Now it may seem trivial, but, the timing of the whole thing was so close that it really seemed like there was something attached to this damn controller... Am I nuts?

Please let me know if this is a common "short" on one of those controllers and that you think the whole thing was just a coincidence... If not I've got to reconsider my occupation...;).

God Bless

UnknownKarmic

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UnknownKarmic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UnknownKarmic (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Update...

The remote still works great... No sign of any malfunction. I can't figure it out... Did I actually cast out a malicious entity from my remote? It sounds too ridiculous to be true doesn't it? I can't explain it.
Thank you all for your comments...

God Bless you all.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-04)
Dear Unknowenkarmic,

I talk to God a lot too. Homelessness is a worry of mine. Do you think that maybe God himself is having a little fun with you. You know He does have a sense of humor. What about blessing your house and anointing it with oil and command any demonic force to leave. E-mail me
Lavender (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Hmmm, maybe that is why my radio tuner stopped working? Will give your method a try... 😁 Thanks for the story!
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Hello! I do have a dirct tv remote and have had the same one for the past 3 1/2 years. It's been stomped, thrown, kicked, had juice thrown on it, bitten, chewed, and many other things. I have three kids and that remote takes a beating. LOL! Every button still works on it. I've never had a problem with that remote and I love it all the more. It could be the remote itself or a spirit. You never know! If that spirit comes back then try setting up a digital recorder and asking some questions. You never know what you may get. Great story and glad to hear that you are doing better. ❤ ❤ ❤
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
lol...I guess the "So there" look musta worked! 😜 Nice story... Thanks for sharing, and God bless! 😊
mansonchi (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
definatly weird in the least lol most likely just coincidence though right? Most likely just kind of lined up so well it seems super natural? OR maybe it is I guess you never know
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
I have a Nintendo ds, which if you don't know what it is it's the newest kind of Game Boy, and a button on there died on me a while ago and since it's a button you rarely use anyway I just ignored it for a couple months until one day when I hadent used it for a while, I pushed the button and it worked fine. I think it's some kind of eccentricity in the appliance. Nothing supernatural, but you never know.
UnknownKarmic (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
I agree... I'm not sure if it was paranormal in nature, but none the less, it's the closest thing to it I've ever experienced...

Thanks for writing.

P.s.- it's still working... Weird.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Hmm, Yeah I agree with hannie2 and It sure is werid that may had something to do with engery around in the house like that can conntion through it.
hannie2 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Wow, that is weird. I don't know if it was anything supernatural, but definatly weird.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: