You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Not Quite Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Not Quite Sleep Paralysis

 

I have had a few experiences in my life that I'd like some input on.

I have experienced what some would call sleep paralysis. The big difference from most cases is that I was fully capable of moving if I wanted to, and as far as I know, I had never fallen asleep. Every time this happened I had recently turned off the light and was actually having trouble falling asleep.

The first time it happened I was around 16 or 17 years old and still living with my parents in Arkansas. I had gone to bed around 10 p.m. And had been laying there for around 15 minutes trying to go to sleep. All of a sudden, the room got extremely heavy feeling, like the air got really thick. I noticed an ink black spot on the ceiling that wasn't there a minute ago. I then got an overwhelming feeling that that black spot was watching me. It seemed to move locations a couple of times and then finally disappeared. When it was gone, the air returned to normal and I eventually went to sleep.

Fast forward to a year and a half ago. I had just moved into the house I live in now. I'm only going to describe one experience for both times it occurred because they were both the same.

Again, I had just gone to bed and NOT fallen asleep yet. I'm lying on my side when a loud humming/buzzing noise filled the room. I could not locate the source of it though. Along with the noise, the room seemed to have a very faint glow to it. I have blinds and curtains on my window, so there was no light before. Just as I had gotten used to the hum, I felt something tug at my bed covers. Needless to say I was very freaked out. I could sense someone/something standing off to my left beside the bed. It really seemed as though there was more than one, possibly three in the room. I'm terrified at this point and didn't want to move. I could hear the things moving around my room for what seemed like half an hour. When the humming/buzzing noise quieted down, my room darkened to its original state and things were peaceful again. Whatever was in the room with me felt like the most evil thing ever. I was utterly terrified. I said a very lengthy prayer (I believe in God, but I'm not very religious) and had trouble falling asleep for the rest of the night. Both experiences, the second happening about a week after the first, were pretty much identical.

I would really like some input as to what happened. I'm not convinced at this point that it was sleep paralysis because I was able to move under the covers. I had full use of my head to look around and follow the movements. What happened to me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Michael331, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Michael331 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I'm 29 years old. There's never been any set pattern to this, but the last two times it happened, I was going through a fairly stressfull divorce. They may very well have been shadow people; I was just too afraid to look.
IndianaGirl (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I've had this experience many times myself when I was younger. Sometimes there was a shadowed figure in my room. It does pass, but it is terrifying. I haven't had it in a long time, but cannot tell anyone why it stopped. I do have a strong faith, but do not align myself with a particular religion. I do not know your age, but have wondered sometimes if the youth is a potential target of other wordly interest because we may be vulnerable at that point in our lives. Reaffirm your faith and your faith in yourself, your family, your friends, your community and good luck.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I had a similar experience, but I was held down by the shadowy figure. I never experienced the sounds that you describe, however a friend of mine had heard strong gusts of wind in his ears when something not from his home took hold of him. Aloha 😊 4d.
sharondipalma (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
sounds like what I wrote about, pray for God to send a battle angel to fight this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: