You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unforgettable Experience

Real Ghost Stories

The Unforgettable Experience

 

This one happened when I was already at U.S. I used to live in the Philippines but I moved to the United States when I turned 13. I didn't want to leave but I had to so I did. Anyways, here's my story.

My family and I stayed at a hotel, which was rumored of being haunted, the first week we arrived at U.S. My mom wanted a family bonding or something like that. I didn't really appreciate that because I was the kind of person who only liked to go out with friends.

During the second day of our stay, my mom (likes to go out all the time) suggested we go around the town and just explore the city. Everybody else was okay with it but me. I knew that if I told her I didn't want to come she'd still make me, so I told her I wasn't feeling well and that I'd like to stay. My mom believed me but she wanted to stay because she didn't want me to be alone. I reassured her that I'd be fine and after a couple of minutes, she agreed and they left.

I was feeling good because I had the whole room to myself. I felt kind of bad, but I figured what's the point in brooding over it, I couldn't take it back. So, I grabbed the remote and searched for something to watch but like most hotels, there was not a single channel that made me interested. I dropped the remote without turning the television off and walked to my luggage to look for my P.S.P. I managed to find it, but the batteries ran out during our drive to the hotel and the charger was in the car.

Disappointed, I turned back to the television, but to my surprise, it was off. I didn't even hear it go off and I knew I didn't turn it off, but I decided to ignore it. As a last resort, I grabbed a magazine and flipped through it. After a couple of minutes, I came across a page with two words that were cut out. I figured it was some kid who messed with it. The magazine kept me busy and it made me forget about the whole television incident.

I was reading an article, when the sound of glass breaking suddenly came to me. I followed the sound and went in the bathroom. I was expecting something knocked off, but when I went in, everything was in order and there was no broken glass or anything. It was really quiet when the sudden blast of music made me jump. I went back in the room to find the television on and in MTV. I went to the remote and pushed the power button but it did nothing. I flipped it over to check if it had batteries and it did. I threw it to the bed and went over to the television and unplugged it and it finally turned off.

My heart was beating really fast so I tried to calm down and went to the lobby to relax for a little bit. I stayed there for what felt like hours until I finally went back in the room. As I approached the door, I heard music so I thought my parents were back. I eagerly opened the door with my card and when I went in, the first thing that came into view was a little boy standing by the television, which was turned on again. I couldn't see his face properly but I knew he was a kid and so I thought he was my little brother. I went over to him, but before I could get close, he vanished. That would have made me scream, but during that time, I was already quite used to spirits. I was still spooked but not as much as before.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and as soon as I went in, I saw the words "help me" stuck on the mirror. It looked like it came from a magazine so I grabbed the one I was reading just a while ago and turned to the page with the cut out words. It was an exact match when I tried to fit it in the paper. I went back to the room and asked out loud for the boy. I knew how to handle this situation so I asked the little boy what his name was and what he needed help with. As an answer, the television turned on.

It confused me because every time I asked a question, I'd be answered by the television either switching channels or turning on and off. Trying to communicate with the boy made me tired so I went to sleep. I was woken up by a touch on my leg. I figured it was the little boy so I sat up but instead, there was my mom, trying to wake me up.

It was late in the afternoon and so we all went to dinner. I didn't bother to tell anyone about my experience and decided to forget about it. While we were eating, my little brother tugged on my shirt. I turned to him to ask what he wanted and he asked me who was with me when I was sleeping. Confused, I asked him what was he talking about and he told me there was a boy sitting on the bed staring at me when he walked in the room. It sent chills down my spine, but I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and that he was probably imagining things.

Throughout the rest of our week at the hotel, I experienced mild encounters like my hand suddenly feeling like its being touched and my hair being felt by an unknown entity. The television kept doing odd things when I was alone in the room, but it didn't bother me, I actually liked it. The boy did nothing to harm me, so I was okay with it. In the end, I never found out who he was.

The last thing that happened was when we were leaving the room to go home; I felt a tug on my shirt like the boy didn't want me to leave. To tell you the truth, I actually didn't want to. I spread out my arms to invite him in a hug and I felt cold air wrap around my waist. It made me feel like I had another little brother and it actually made me cry a little bit, knowing I was going to miss him. I said bye and stepped outside the room. As my dad drove away from the hotel, I took a last glance to the hotel and saw a figure of a little boy waving from a window, which I knew was our hotel room.

Other hauntings by paranormgirl005

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormgirl005, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-31)
This one made me cry 😭 its so sad you couldn't help him. I hope he found peace.
Ghostbeliever5 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
what a beautiful story you have here! I am so thankful to people lik you share lovely stories like this one 😊 but I have to say you are very brave and kind! Bless your heart ❤ it would have been better if you would have found out more about the boy but never mind ❤
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
a nice story.
Was he like the ghost boy who appears in the film "the grudge"
YurikoNakagawaXx (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-29)
I Feel pity for the boy... 😐 People who often have an encounter with entities like these should often bring recoding devices (cellphone, voice recorders<some people don't usually use these for travel but they are very useful when it comes to lectures>, cameras etc.)

Since they have created these items, it helps people with contacting to spirits.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
That's pretty sad. I'm actually really confused on how anyone can't believe this story. I'm fourteen now, but from the time I was 10 years old I was extremely confident when dealing when ghosts. But whatever, people go through different things that make them understand things in different ways. Anyways I thought it was pretty sad that you couldn't help him. I hope that one day you can go back and help him out.
evilelf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
I really enjoy this story, and I can understand on why you didn't freek out to mutch, I can really conect with this, that's probibly what I would have done. The end part tugged on my heart strings because you had to leave him.
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
i understand why you guys find it hard to believe the ending part...
Like I said to logan though, it's just what happened...
You don't have to believe it if you don't want to...
It doesn't matter to me if anyone doesn't believe my stories...
As long as I know it's true, I'm fine...
scaredtobealone (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
im sorry but id have to agree with logan, this story does have a hollywood feel to it... Then again I wasn't there so I don't know what happened
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
thanks for all the comments you guys!
I appreciate your guys' explanations...
It helps me understand more...
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
logan,

I was actually 13 at that time and I was confident with it because I've had a year of experience with ghosts...
I was 12 when my first encounter with a ghost happened...
I posted a story about it titled "abby the ghost girl"...
You can read it if you want...
As for the ending, I know it's hard to believe but it's just what happened...
Thanks for the honest comment...
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Thanks for sharing. Like many readers I have my opinion on this story. Not to offend you but just curious.

Well...just a thought... For a 12 year old (I assume that was when you had this experience) you seemd too confident about how to handle this situation. Aslo the ending bit of huggin and waving is a little too Fairy tale lik to beleieve.

It would be good if can tell us how is it that you were not scared and knew how to deal with this? Did you have any previous experience with this kind of stuff...? Anyways, I enjoyed the story regardless of all this. Thanks again.

Regards,
Logan
StarGazed (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Is it possible that he had no method of speaking or other communication? He only communicated wiht the cut-out magazine and the television- I imagine the television would be easier to control. If that's the case, he probably had to do his best with what channels were on and hope.

I'm not very familiar with spirits, though, is that possible?
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Hey there, great story.

To the questions in your comment, just my idea it may not be right but I think it could be due to the energy surrounding the boy. He could not manifest enough to talk to you in person so he used the T.V to communicate. I personally would not say it was a residual haunt like some could because of the T.V but more of an intelligent haunt, there was a lot of purpose in the boy and he clearly felt attatched to you. So in my opinion he used the T.V to communicate as an alternative to speaking due to the energy.

Thanks for sharing the story.
yanlie (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
i don't experienced that one. Hi girl I'm Gian from Philippines too. Maybe, the boy was shy or something, you know, they can't really interpret their feeling, or somewhat emotions by words... Maybe they need a sign or a thing to deal with humans. More Power! 😁
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
oh and I need help with what happened with the television...
How come he used it for communication?
And when I asked what he needed help with, how come he turned on the television?
Does anyone know?
It would be nice to know why...
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
i know I hated to leave without even helping him...
I asked my parents if we could stay longer but they said we had to go home...
I feel so bad that I couldn't help him...
😭
LETSPLAYxxPOISONxx (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
i liked that story I would like to make friends with a ghost... 😁 but I would be a bit freaked out... I wander how he died... You should do research
banditadi (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I totally agree with you miss jaura... This one moistened my eyes too...paranormagirl... Boy needs help dear... He needs to understand that he has to go to where he truely belongs and to the people he belonged to... But as for you God bless you for being such a sweet, loving and caring person.
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
OMG that brought tears to my eyes. That is so sad. He is lonely. That would suck knowing you had to leave him there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: