You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Our Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

Our Poltergeist

 

I've heard people say that poltergeists are demons but I'm not sure if that is exactly true. I would appreciate if you commented and told me your opinion on these situations.

Our house was a newly built house that we built. And no one died in it. I've been having very odd paranormal things happen to me and one big one is things moving on their own. One specific one is a plate that is in a cabinet and it always seems to move. I moved it straight and marked its spot and observed it constantly.

I took a nap for about 10 minutes and no one was in the house all day. When I woke the plate was turned about 3 inches from where I marked it. Nothing could've possibly moved it since it is in a cabinet and no one was home at all except me.

More things started happening after that such I would place something purposely somewhere and when I took my eye off of it for a little while it was lost. Things keep falling even when they are in impossible conditions.

Now I really need people's opinion on this. I've been seeing flashes of lights, knocking on the walls, and something walking around in the room next to mine. But every time a check it out their is no culprit what so ever. So if you could help me out with those questions that would be awesome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Awsomeghoststoriesman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
I am not trying to be mean; I mean this sincerely, but I could have sworn that somewhere on this site I read that only mature, grammatically correct posts and entries are allowed. I began reading and responding to these stories as an outlet of sorts, and to partake in adult discussion on the subject of paranormal beings. Each story and/or post I read seems to get more and more difficult to comprehend. In regards to the original poster, I don't think anyone can relay to you what exactly this being is. Why so many people tell others that their experiences are indefinitely demon related, I can't understand, but I can tell you that in any situation involving a naive victim, it is best to obtain PROFESSIONAL help. Do take these opinions and advice with a grain of salt, and always research further as many people seem ignorant to the matter, and inexperienced. Best of luck to you.
Bloodhare (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Poltergeists aren't demons. I heard that shadow mans are part of the "demon family tree". Poltergeists are ghosts too with a little difference. Poltergeists are those human spirits who were evil in their life when they lived (for example a criminal).
Let's say for example a person was a very happy person in its life, but after it died, it got angry (for example somebody else moved in its house) so it had become a poltergeist with negative energy. Or it was already a bad person and after it died, it continued its bad business in the afterlife. I think the polarity of the ghosts are based on their feelings. If a ghost is happy it has positive energy, if a ghost is sad it has negative energy, if a ghost is angry it has negative energy, if a ghost is scared it has positive or negative energy. Most of the poltergeists are restless angry spirits. Poltergeists are spirits with negative energy.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
They proboly is a Ghost in your house. Some ghostes do not have to stay in a area, so through out the years, if one person have no ghostes in their house, that dosn't mean they can't get one. Some ghostes like to scear people to feed on their fear. If the house was built on or near an native americans burried then a normal pray or exicism wouldn't work on the house. They would need to work with the burriral first. Have the prist do a seal cerimony. That should close the portol to the spirte world. Then the a normal pray or exicism could work. BUT one thing to keep in mind, if the cerimony dosn't work, You would have some angry ghostes, so just try this if they become harmful first. If any one you have anything to ask me, send me an e-mail. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
My appologies. I took the definition off of http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/poltergeist which states:

Main Entry:pol·ter·geist
Pronunciation:\ˈpōl-tər-ˌgīst\
Function:noun
Etymology:German, from poltern to knock + Geist spirit
Date:1848
: a noisy usually mischievous ghost held to be responsible for unexplained noises (as rappings)

Any chance you did some sleuthing to discover if there IS any Native's buried there?
Thank you.
Awsomeghoststoriesman (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
First off I had feelings that their was native americans buried in my woods. That answers your question whitebuffalo. And There is a girl that lives in my house that is a teenager. So that answers sort off your question white wolf. And "noisy ghost" is not the definition of poltergeist. Poltergeist is german for noisy ghost.
whitewolf1234321 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
depends if it only is happing to then yes its a poltergeist. You see they are deamons yes only if you don't take the first step and start going to church or even set down and pry once in awhil. Poltergeist thow only happen to women not men. Its kind of heard to explan but I had one in my house before when I was 13 and I got rid of it simpley by telling it its not going to heart me cause it needs me. So yes probley have one so keep a bible buy your bed and trun a page each day until it stops it works even if your not a church going person.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Just curious.
HOW would the fact that some native Americans may be buried on your land make you psychic?

The thought that native Americans burial land is more sacred, and has more "power" than that of the burial land of a non-native American is a trumped up thought built on the legends and myths of the people. There is no research to support the thought, and there is no real reason as to WHY that would be true.
Poltergeist are not lumped under the category of demons, as in SOME instances, all they do is a bit of mischief. In fact, by definition they are the "noisy ghosts". They basically survive because of disorder.
Nothing that you wrote really speaks of disorder. It sounds like at TIMES it is a noisy ghost.
According to www.praofi.org/modx/index.php; "'Noisy Ghost.' Poltergeists are invisible masses of spirit energy that may or may not be connected to a living human agent..."
Another thought about poltergeist is that it is FORMED straight out of the subconscious of a teenager. No ghost present, only the mind of a young pre-adult. That is NOT to say that it is IMAGINED, it IS to say that at times, it is CREATED by the sheer power of the teenage psyche.
Thank you.
Awsomeghoststoriesman (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I believe their is native americans burried in my woods because I am a little psychic. I have crusifixes and I am religous and know not to play with a ouji board. This has been very minor things for about three years.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Not all poltergeists are demons in my opinion. But I do think that the amount of poltergeists are demons...
I would highly recommend that you try to seek help through simple means, NOT A OIJIA BOARD. Look into stuff like hanging crucifixes around your house that may help. You may want to look at the history of things near your house. (Not your house...) If that doesn't work contact a priest. That's all I can offer at the moment...
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
They say even when the place is just newly built there is still a possibility that it will be haunted by ghosts or just what you suspect, a POLTERGEIST makes me remember the movie POLTERGEIST where the little girl keeps telling the phrase: "Their here", really scary, you might as well look for help.

Light on.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
That sounds exactly like poltergeist activity. If you REALLY want to know if that's what it is... Trust me, you'll find out soon enough. 😐 I lived with a poltergeist haunting for several months, and if this is indeed what it is, by the time it's over, there won't be any question in your mind. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just sayin'...that's exactly how they act. Especially the knocking. That's how it all began for me. 😐
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
That was a very good story. It creeped me out. I've experienced those kind of things myself.
My old school was haunted and all kinds of things happened.

Signed,
Taurusgirl10 😁
Lavender (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Pretty trippy stuff! Some of your story is making me think of those "Mystery Spots". You know, where gravity does not seem to make sense. Have you checked the surfaces with a level or tying a rock from a string to see how it hangs? Just a thought.

Also, do you know the history of the land your house was built on? Could have been a ripe spot with no way to "express" itself (to humans) prior. Keep on posting, sounds like this may get even kookier.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: