You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Not Just A Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Not Just A Dream

 

My story starts in Krum Texas with my daughter Echo, who was twelve at the time. Echo came into my room where my now ex-husband and I were sleeping, she was crying saying that something was on her bed and touching her. My ex got up looked around inside the house and outside and saw nothing. I told Echo she had had a bad dream and of course let her come into our bed for the rest of the night. This happened so often to her that we moved her in with her brothers to share the room however it was still happening.

We moved down to Florida in 1997, with no where to live. We got a motel room in a motel on International drive. Sure enough Echo still was feeling this thing touching her causing her fear. Now 14 years old, a straight A kid, had no reasons to lie to me, I asked her just what was she feeling. Echo told me when she laid down she felt footsteps on her bed like someone on all fours like an animal crawling up to her, her stomach tightened, she would be wide awake then like a claw like hand would run all over her body, she could not scream or talk. I smiled at her and shaking my head told her again it was just a dream. That dreams can feel so real.

No matter where Echo was this thing followed her according to her. When Echo was 16 years old I left their father and we moved into a nice apartment. I had my 18 year old son, Echo, and my 14 year old son. By this time I was dealing in magic, I had met a friend who got me into witchcraft so there were strange things lying around the house. After the first week we established that the apartment was haunted. Echo and I heard growling from our closet, we shared a room. I was looking in the mirror one day as I was getting ready for work and I saw her with her throat cut. Echo still had her night thing going on. One night we were sitting in our room and she told me what had happened to her the previous night. She was getting upset that I did not believe her when she said I wish it would just happen to you once so you would know what I am talking about.

Three nights later I went to bed leaving my door cracked, the boys were playing halo with friends and Echo was watching them. I felt as if someone had laid on top of me, their weight pushing me into the mattress, I could hear breathing in my ear, I then felt as if I had been raped. I felt it roll off the bed; I could not move or scream. I sat up quickly looked around but my room was empty. I could hear the kids playing in the living room. I felt sick is the only way to explain it.

Echo comes into the room took one look at me and asked "mom, what's wrong?" I told her what had happened. She almost started to cry "now you know what I have to deal with repeatedly" I threw out all my witchcraft stuff. I never wanted to feel that kind of fear again, but the apartment stayed haunted.

My nephew was over for a few days, he laughed when I told him my room was haunted, he agreed to sleep in there. The next morning my nephew agreed it was haunted, something kept trying to pull him off the bed all night.

I told my parents what was going on, at first they did not believe me, so I knew how my daughter felt now. My father, who has passed on now, told me to get the house blessed. He knew I was walking a different road, he told me to bless the house anyway, that I walked from God not God walking from me. I went home blessed the house, nope, it did not work. It got worse! Now faces were being seen on the carpet, half a person was seen walking around outside by friends and us.

I moved out when my lease was up, when looking for a new apartment I would ask if it was haunted? They would look at me as if I was crazy. Before we moved into the new apartment I went to every window and door and blessed the house. My father came over and did the same, as we were growing up my father studied to be a preacher. About one month in the new place guess what? Yep, it attacked Echo first, then me on the same night. I was repeating in my mind" I plead the blood of Jesus!" It did not work! Not that my faith in God was gone I was praying for the wrong thing! Every night before Echo and I went to bed we would read the Bible. It had been a year since I got out of witchcraft. This last attack Echo felt raped, I was held down by the side of my head, and I could hear it saying something, just pure evil filled the room. I thought we were never going to rid ourselves of this thing.

Then it dawned on me... I was praying for the wrong thing... I could not fight what I could not see but God could see it! So that night I went to bed first, again we shared a room. I prayed for God to send down His battling angels to rid my house of this thing. I saw my room go darker, I could still see shadows, I saw shadows flying around the room, and one was holding a sword. I could hear what sounded like a fight in the distant, and then everything got quiet. The air seemed lighter, if that makes sense; I had this peace come over me. I called Echo into the room I told her "you will never be attacked again".

Echo left for job training for a year and a half, she is now 24 years old and has not been attacked again. Did I create this thing? I don't know, Echo was being attacked before I got into magic. Do we still see ghost? Yes, Echo and I see and feel them; we just ignore them and walk away.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sharondipalma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
From what I've been reading, I think that's what you call an incubus...
I am glad that it left you both already...
I'm sorry you had to deal with something so awful...
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Oh my goodness!
I am so sorry for what you and your daughter had to go through.
You handled it well though.
Im glad you don't have to go through this anymore 😊
A very interesting story!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
that must of been hard, I think I could explain what may of happen. Sennd me an e-mail if you need explaining. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: