You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Staircase And The Terrace

Real Ghost Stories

The Staircase And The Terrace

 

I have been off for a long time now, but this was due to my exams, and my exams are precisely the reason to which I came to know about the following stuff.

We live is a 3 bedroom flat, where the third bedroom is a sort of a penthouse. Due to this, we get the luxury of a private terrace. Due to my exams, I shifted into this room for privacy. Usually occupied by my parent's. Well, this was my board exam, which is considered a very important exam, so I up until late, as late as 3:00-4:00 am. This was how I discovered the following stuff.

The staircase that leads to the upper room is a sort of old fashioned, wooden staircase that sort of creaks when someone walks on it. Though this flat is pretty new, this staircase was furnished in this manner.

It must have been about 2:30am on 22nd March 2009. This was when I heard a creak on the staircase. I thought it must be my mum, she frequently dropped in to check whether I had slept or not. I walked out of the room to see who it was. No one. I thought it must have been my imagination, because I was pretty tired. However, after sometime, it again started creaking. This time, it didn't cease for a long time. My first thought was that I was dreaming. But I knew I wasn't. I somehow managed to gather courage and go downstairs to check. But there was no one there. Everyone was asleep. This sort of freaked me out. I ran upstairs and just closed my eyes.

After sometime, I fell asleep. After this incident, I have since heard faint creaks every night after 2am. I have given up, as left it at it is my imagination. But I cannot give up an incident, which happened precisely the day before my last exam, on 31st, as imagination.

I was again studying in the penthouse. The terrace is just outside, and we have two doors to enter it. I was studying around at 2am or quarter to two when I heard something on the terrace. At first I felt as if I was just getting paranoid. But suddenly, sounds started coming from the terrace. It was as if some one was throwing things around. We keep many broken and unnecessary objects there. I became frightened and ran downstairs to call my dad. He first asked me to go to sleep, as I was too tired. But when I requested him to just come and look at the terrace, he agreed.

We went outside and found nothing out of order. But then I felt as if something pricked my legs. When I looked there was broken glass pieces all around. There used to be a useless glass, which we kept in the terrace. We usually kept it on the floor. It looked as if someone or something had lifted it and smashed it. I was pretty freaked out. I told my parents about the creaking stairs the next day. They told me that I was imagining things. When I asked them about the broken glass. They said it was probably an animal, some monkey or something. We have many stray monkeys in this part of India. But I have a strong feeling, that whatever it was, it was no animal or human.

I also have another experience with this flat, or rather its neighbourhood, which I will tell in my next story.

Other hauntings by Verleus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Verleus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
Hi Verleus,

Thanks for the story, it was a scarry story I think that as KimSouth said you should carry enquiry about the flat i.e. The past history about the flat & the place from your neighbourhood.

Such incidents happen in practical but it has very little explanations. So Verleus take care & I m anxiously waiting to read the next story about the flat. God Bless You.
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
hey KimSouthO,
Wel,i don't know much about the history of this flat, but I know that before it was built,i.e.10 years ago, this used to be an unoccupied plot. And as I stay in an expanding city, I am told, that before some 60 years or so, there used to be a sort of forest here. And outside our society, on the other side of a road, there is one cemetery.
Thanks for posting,
Verleus
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Do you have any odea regarding the history of where you leave? Is there anything significant on the land where the building is?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: