You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Darken Street By The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

The Darken Street By The Cemetery

 

This happened to me in the fall of 2003.

I was working late one night and had to send two of my employee's home because no one had came to pick them up. I sent one of them home and offered to drop the other employee off. The employee I was dropping of wanted to drive home. So I agreed to let her drive.

As we were driving, we came upon a stop sign and were debating whether to go around to the lighted street or take the dark street with no light but was a quicker route. While at the stop sign I notice two animal like eyes glowing from the shoulder of the road by the cemetery. My employee at this point decided to take the quickest way which was past the cemetery. When we got to where I had seen the glowing eyes, I decided to look at the shoulder of the street again to see if I could see what was there. Seeing nothing I turned my attention back to the front. Then all of sudden a dog barked wildly and then there was a sudden silence. I turned back to see if she had hit a dog, or if a dog was chasing my car, but saw nothing. I thought to myself," Hmm... That was weird." Being curious I turned to my right again and to my surprise I saw the most horrifying thing in my life that I will never forget.

This is what I saw. A pale fat man with a grayish smoky texture. He looked like a dead person in the morgues. I didn't take my eyes off of him. He seemed to want to get in the car and was peering in over by my window. Both his hands appeared to be touching my car, but they weren't because he was about 1-2 inches away. I saw him for a good 10 seconds by my window. My body slouched down and I could not move. This was the first time I ever felt like this or this scared. At this point I turned to my employee and asked her to drive faster, I had told her what I had seen she laughed and slowed down to 15 mph. When I turned back to see if whatever it was still there it was gone. A few minutes seconds later I was able to sit back up.

Weird thing was when I asked her if she had seen those glowing animal eye, or heard a dog barking, or that man by the window, she told me she saw or heard nothing.

After that day that window of my car has never misted up. I just sold the car a couple of weeks ago. I never went close or even pass that place again.

I would like some input on what I saw that night.

Thanks for listening/reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dimber, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

StarGazer (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Hmmm, the way you describe him looking is the same way I've seen these things a short while ago.

Really sad look on the face, very pale, not transparent but just something weird about the way they look. I wasn't too scared when I saw mine though as I just thought they were normal people at first.

I want to see some more, but I think I may get a bit more scared next time.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
sylviessweeties: I didn't bother looking back nor trying to find out. And sold the car not to long after that for a really cheap price.

Mickerschlub: He has this sad look on his face. I can see him well not see through. Pale like is been sick for a long time. Grayish skin tone sorta like the color been suck out of him.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
That would have been the creepiest feeling in the world, turning around and there's someone glaring through you in your car window out of nowhere while your driving a ghost for sure! What did he do next when he could not get a ride. Did hail a taxi driver or catch a bus train or tram with other ghosts to visit a loved one lol!
mickerschlub (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Wow. Freaky. I'm just curious though, you mentioned he had Pale Skin and a Smoky Tint to his body. How exactly did he look?
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
lol great I am glad to hear you didn't see his "stuff" gross. That is really creepy!
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Jasmin314: No I didn't see his genitals. Hahaaa... He was in a peeking position like he is scanning for something inside the car like a thief would before breaking in. I only saw the upper body.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Yea that is really creepy. I am especially creeped that he was a fat man that looked dead. Was he naked because you said you could see his skin? I really hope not because the sight of his genitals would have been enough lol.
Justly4 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Wow I was so scared at the part where you said he was by the window. That is soo creepy! I am glad I wasn't there. Sorry for you though 😊
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Wow! When I first read the part about the dog barking, it made me jump. It scared the heck out of me reading this story. I'm sorry you went through this, but am glad you don't have to be in the vicinity of that cemetery. What a mean, cruel, evil prank this girl pulled, if she knew about it being haunted... You don't prank like that.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
I have no idea why I let her drove. She asked," let me drive to my house." I just agree and let her drove. I am not even sure why she took use through that darken street. All I know was what I saw and heard, she wasn't able to see or hear it. And yes I never offer to take anyone home again after that. I don't work there no more so I don't go pass no near any cemetery which is good for me. ^_^
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Are you familiar with the cemetery you were near?

One thing I can't figure out is why she would want to drive YOUR car? She could have very well wanted to take you that way for a good "scare" or prank. Pfft... That would be the last time I offer a ride home
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
4d: The car was originally mine. Some odd reason that passengers window never fog up again. That when I decided good-bye car.

I would have fainted if that thing came into the car or had a minor heart attack.

Whitewolf1234321: Whatever she pull that got me really bad. I admit I am still afraid of that place even in the day time. That is how mad it got me. Hahaaa...
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
That's a pretty cruel prank 😆, if you took someone to a hotspot just to see their reaction! Your experience gave me shivers. Oh! And was your car originally yours or did you buy it used? Maybe something was attracted to your vehicle, seeing that the window was affected afterwards. Aloha ❤ 4d
whitewolf1234321 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
i agree I would of passed out to. 😭
But atleast it only happened once and your employee was debating becuse she or he probley new what was there down that road and wanted your oppionen on it and so didn't say anything to you when you seen it.
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
That's freaky!
Just be happy that it's not the type of haunting that keeps coming back...
It only happened once so I guess that's good...
It was probably the spirit of a man who died on that street...
Just guessing...
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Gulp! 😭 😭, That is awful!, I would have passed out 😉
Thanks for sharing. Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: