You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Pushing, Stealing, Cutting Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

A Pushing, Stealing, Cutting Ghost?

 

I don't know if this is necessary, but if this information is needed, I am a female seventeen year-old. Next year is my last year of high school. Well, first of all, I've always hated ghosts. I don't care whether they are the "good" kind or the "bad" kind. I have never wanted to see one let alone confront one. Unfortunately, my hate for them only comes from the fact that I fear them so much. I don't know much about ghosts or spirits, heck, I can't tell the difference between the terms, because the more I learn about them or watch them on YouTube, the scarier and more real they seem. (However, my friends seem to get real kicks out of seeing me nearly shiat my pants, hence the reasons why I have watched ghost videos on YouTube.)

Anyway, as much as I'd like to deny it, I think I really have had some ghostly experiences. It started when my family had purchased this old house, it was our first house that we've ever lived in since we've been so used to living in a townhouse. I think it was about 2007 of summer, because that was the year I was entering high school, and my family bought this house because of its location. This was in Alberta, Edmonton of Canada by the way.

After we have settled in about a couple months later, strange things begin to happen particularly around the second set of stairs that led to the family den. The family den has our computers and the TV, so my family went down there a lot. My sister fell down those stairs for the first time, and naturally we were all worried for her. However, when she got up she looked perfectly fine. While my mom gave a mini lecture about being more careful, my sister just went along to play.

I remember counting those steps after falling down those stairs became something like a routine. I'm not sure if that's quite the word for it. What I'm trying to say is that those stairs were frequently tripped upon. There were ten steps. The second time my sister fell down those stairs again something like a week later. However, each time she tripped down those stairs, she wouldn't get hurt.

My mother has fallen down those same stairs at least five times. For me, it must've been well over ten. However, we were never seriously hurt, which made me feel a little uneasy. I don't even get a bruise. My brother and father never fell on those stairs though. I had brief thoughts that it may have been a ghost, but dismissed the idea because the thought of my brand new house being haunted scared me so much.

My family figured it was the carpeting which made the staircase leading to the family den such a nuisance. So after having our share of falling down the steps, we eventually became very cautious when going downstairs to watch some TV or use the computer. Even so, we continued to trip.

That's not all either. I'm a bit of a pack rat, so I still have all the stuffed animals my friends had given me when I was a kid. (I still like stuffed animals.) However, when I saw one of my favorite stuffed dolls go missing, I began to panic. I hate losing anything I own, and I usually place my things somewhere specific so I knew exactly where they were. On top of that, this doll was given from a precious friend of mine, and it was extremely beautiful; one of my prized dolls. Though my siblings knew better than to touch my collection, I harassed my brother and sister to tell me where my doll was, but they swore they didn't touch it. I even asked my parents and they said they hadn't touched my room. After searching the house for a few weeks, I eventually gave up.

Some months later, I found my doll on the floor in plain sight, placed near my wardrobe. Now, I place my stuffed dolls at the top of that wardrobe, so yes, I had checked that area many many times, but it was never there until that day. This REALLY had me freaked out. And that's when I started to think that something from another world was screwing with me. I had to sleep with the covers over my head that night.

After about a year and a half of living in that house, my parents decided to split. My dad stayed at the house, while the rest of us moved to Toronto, Ontario, living in a condo. It's not that sad for me, I saw it coming a long time ago, and it happened pretty naturally. Moving out of the house was also a bit of a relief. But again, strange things started to happen after we settled in our new condo.

My mom recently purchased a very good quality potato peeler, and I know it's weird, but she must've really liked that thing. (It's that, or it was very expensive.) However, it went missing the next week. My mom is a neat person. What mom isn't? So yes, this was unusual. She began to harass me and my siblings where we had left the peeler, but since we're generally too lazy to peel carrots or potatoes for food, we told her we didn't touch it. I figured maybe moms have their moments when they lose something, so I didn't think much of it...

... Until my mom bought another peeler. When she couldn't figure where the potato peeler went, she went out to buy another of the exact same kind. But again, this peeler went missing. That peeler was huge with a nice handle and a shiny sharp blade for peeling, so I couldn't figure how something like that would've gone missing TWICE. My mom was extremely frustrated when this happened again. She searched everywhere, and could not find her peeler. She talked about how forty dollars went down the drain, and decided to purchase a cheap one. Strangely enough, this tiny cheap peeler stayed.

It's been a few months since we've moved into this house, and I'm finding small cuts on my hands in the most random places. They don't look like paper cuts though (I would know if it was a paper cut, since I draw a lot), and they don't hurt very much, but they are certainly annoying. I'm not sure, but these nicks look like they could have been made by fingernails or something. I mostly find them on the sides of my finger or the under-sides/belly of my fingers. The reason why I believe they look like fingernail scratches are because of how the skin sticking out is curved; like they had a really sharp nail, dug into my skin, and decide to peel it half-way. They've healed now, but I'm still getting strange cuts I've never noticed before.

Also, I don't know if this would be of any relevance, but I find myself waking up around 3 AM all the time. (Sometimes a minute or two earlier) I asked my friends about it and they told me it was jet leg from changing time zones, but its April now, I've moved to my condo in December. Because of this, I'm extremely drowsy at school and can hardly stay awake.

So why am I posting this? I came across this website by chance, and oh lordy, am I going to have nightmares for weeks on end. Though, your experiences are strangely addicting to read, and it seems there is helpful feedback as well. Since you guys seem to be experts in this field, I want this to be confirmed:

Is my family being haunted by a ghost?

And if so, can I get rid of it? I get deathly afraid of being around one... I know it's not causing any real harm, for now at least, so at the moment I feel safe. However, my family and I really don't need any more of this. There's already so much frantic commotion with my mom going to university and me trying to make up for the term I have missed, so we really don't want to lose any more of our things or get cuts that will bother us when writing an exam. I'd like ANY weight off our shoulders right now.

One more thing (if needed): my mom meditates, so she is a very spiritual person, though she doesn't believe in ghosts. Me and my sister are just afraid of paranormal things, but we don't meditate or anything like that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, someone111, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

seven25 (18 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
that sounds like isacc he is a ghost that follows my friend around there is one called jacob he follows me around and there is "him" he is bad I am 13 years old and him is not nice any advice and there is lance
bobby_singh (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
hi after reading your story, I have come to the conclusion your not haunted and there is no ghost following you. Its just bizzare coincidence and an active imagination. Every thing can be explained logically. Although spirits and ghosts do exist you need to understand a lot of the people who are probably going to reply and say its a ghost becasue of the nature of this site and the type of user whoes going to reply. My advise is to ignore them and not worry yourself over nothing. God bless bobby
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Very strange things for most. But your story is a common thing to me. This is the work of a few ghostes. There a ghost that hates to harm but likes to joke, that's the one with the stairs I bet. The missing things might be the same one also. Now the cut one, this ghost is one you have to watch for. These types usaly hurts a person a little at a time, each day more cuts, more commingly, and at times can get more dangerouse. Ghost and spirtes are said to be difrent but they are the same. Now the waking at 3 is like me but I wake at 2am and 5am. This could be a habbit of waking up at the time by the diffrent time zones. This could also be a warning from your protector or from somthing else. I know a good things about them. I am what some people call a "mogest" if you have any thing you need help with still or want to ask me somthing, e-mail me. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
someone111 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
[at] Matt: Lol a fail troll is a fail.

And the peeler was twenty bucks, not eighty lol. She lost two, divide 2 from 40. XD

10 steps is about 5 feet tall... A basket isn't 5 feet. And even tripping over a basket can get you hurt. XD

I thought kids under thirteen weren't supposed to post?
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
The first time you said in that story, "A SHARP peeler" and then "you got cuts like SHARP fingernails" maybe that ghost hid it then when you were asleep, it cut you with the peeler, because, of course you said your mum bought a new sharp peeler. So it's POSSIBLE. But I guess there's no other explanation.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
I agree also with Surya! When reading about the peelers, I wondered if you would mention something about being cut because of the title. In my mind, peelers going missing and skin being "peeled" back randomly after they go missing is no coincidence. Sounds to me like it could be a ghost cutting you, but I'll let that stay with you.

Peace, Spazz
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
The cuts, the missing peeler, I do not feel they are connected. I wouldn't worry about it. Do you normally have dry skin?. Waking at 3 AM is suspect, but unless things are happening, and you are having paranormal activity, I wouldn't worry. Do you go right back to sleep?. The stairs, your family needs to slow down, take out a tape measure and measure each step. I will bet they are all slightly off and maybe tilted. HOLD ONTO the banister on the way down. I do not see any entity or poltergeist activity involved here. Let me know if more things happen. I will tell you a few simple things to protect your house. Tell your Mother to go to my website (profile page) for more info on doing a slef cleansing of your home if you feel it is paranormal. Blessings, Ghostseer
newport3783 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
does anything that happens to you happen to anyone else too? If not maybe it's something that is attached to you and is foloowing you where ever you go... You should discuss this with your mom, even tho she may come off not believing you at first she will when she really thinks about it... In front of you she'll brush it off but moms know better than to scare their kids... Have you thought of reading the bible and saying prayers before bed or anytime of day... That might help if you don't alread do that... I'm sorry this thing is bothering you, if and when you feel the presence you should ask for god to help and the spirit or whatever it is should go away...
I'm asian so in our culture we would say something like "i am the living and you are not so in the name of god leave me alone" and immediately it would be gone...
Hope it helps and hope you'll be in peace soon 😉
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Hey! Thanks for sharing your story! As a person who falls down the stairs weekly I understand your delima. I tend to walk down the stairs without paying attention and slip a lot. I also don't wear shoes in my house. Never have. I hate shoes. LOL!

As for 3 a.m. I have heard that 3 is the devils hour. I know that doesn't make you feel better but you are waking up for some reason. I would try to stop taking those naps. I know if I take a nap after work then I won't sleep well that night. Also, try to get sandlewood incense to burn in your home. Pure sandlewood. Good luck and keep us posted. ❤
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
firstly 3am is a common time for things to happensomething about the devil or witches. People have diferent things for it.

Do you feel anything at emotionally or physically before falling down the stairs. If not it might just be the stairs being off balance or something along that line.

Mmmm the cuts? My first thoughts were the peelers being used but it could be just everyday strain on your hands. Are your nails long. When I had long nails I woke up with random cuts on my hands from the nails.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Okay I know your mom is bummed after spending a ridiculous amount of $ on a potato peeler. Perhaps that was the message that the spirit was trying to get across.
The stairs? Not sure. Are you sure they are all level? Guys tend to take stairs more rapidly than girls. They may have even tripped w/out paying any attention to it. Guys are like that.
Cuts on fingers & missing potato peelers? I think that might be stretching, although only you could tell if there was a connection.
In any event, these things seem minor. Tell the spirit to move on. You'll probably feel better if you take charge.
someone111 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Wow, thanks for the responses you guys!

[at] Surya: Ugh... After thinking about what you've said, maybe they are, but they are very small. My god hahaha this is starting to freak me out.

[at] KajiSage: No, the peelers never came back. What is sage? Is it easy and cheap to find? I will definitely try that out... Anything to shake this off my mind lol.

[at] Paranormgirl005: My god hahah... This is getting freakier. Does this sage thing work better or does a priest do better?

[at] Cholulteca: Oh hahaha probably. XD The peeler from what I understand was very good at its job which makes it worth its price. And you mean blessing the peeler? Heh, though my mom is spiritual, I don't think she thought about blessing it before. Thank-you.

[at] AmKoreann: Oh lordy... Now I've heard of those before. D: Thanks for bless.:)

[at] Composerman: You're not just pulling my leg or anything are you...? This is the first time I've heard of that.

[at] ArmchairPsychologist: Thank-you for your comment, it brought a bit of relief into me. My mom, sister and I first started to jog down the stairs like we did with the first set of stairs that leads to our bedrooms. However, after we started to slip and fall, we started walking down both stairs, but we still slipped on the second one. Like the female side of the family, the men started walking down the stairs too, but we just kept slipping.

Yeah, we thought it might've been the carpet on the stairs that's making us slip so much. It's a standard carpet though.

I never thought about how my brother or father walks down the stairs without slipping, but I guess like me, I don't really hold the rails, I just sort of let my hand glide down it when walking down.

Now that I think about it, I think this may be a factor... Since we are an Asian family, we don't wear shoes inside the house. We mainly walk around in socks or our bare feet in our house. Maybe that's what makes it slippery for the girls because we have... Smoother feet? Not that I look at my dad's or brother's feet...

Yes, actually, I draw a lot (and get a ton of homework too) so I almost always have some sort of writing tool in my hand. But these cuts were appearing since I moved into my condo, and I think for the wear and tear kind of cuts, it is too big for that? It's not quite as big of a cut that a peeler can do, but not as small as a paper cut or cracked skin... (Maybe about the size of an ant's head?) hmm, well I am no expert at scars or cuts, but I think they are definitely not from writing labor.

Ohh, I sort of understand about the circadian rhythm thing... Well it makes more sense than the "paranormal activity" being more active at this time. (And that's freaky too lol... I rather not think about that.) I get really tired after school, I sort of take a fifteen/twenty minute nap and maybe that's what's messing me up...? And um... Stupid question lol, but is it true about the 3 AM thing? That paranormal activity happens a lot at this time? This is the first time I've heard about it...
ArmchairPsychologist (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Someone 111,

I cannot confirm whether you are being haunted by a ghost or not. Even when strange and unexplainable things happen, you never know whether it is really a ghost, or just a series of events whose causes are unknown. That said, there is a point where the unexplained happenings lead you to only one conclusion - that there is a ghost. However, even the most baffling of events can have an unusually simple cause.

Have you examined the reasons that your family fall so often on those stairs? Is it possible that the surface of the stairs is in some way slippery? Or maybe the steps are unevenly spaced? When you and your family fall, can you pinpoint what causes the fall? You mentioned that your brother and your father never fall - perhaps the way they walk down or the grip on their shoes stops them from falling?

You also mentioned that you have cuts on your hands - are you definite that the cuts aren't a result of the wear and tear of everyday life? Do you write extensively or use your hands for strenuous work? If you do, the cuts might just be a natural side effect.

Also, you say that you wake up at 3am. While I can't see this being jet lag, it could be your mind adapting its circadian rhythms, which it uses to regulate how much sleep you get at night and the brain's natural sense of the length of a full day. If your lifestyle has changed since moving to the condo, waking at 3am could be a reflection of your mind's adaption to an altered lifestyle.

Overall, it could well be a ghost that you have following you around, but you never know, there might be a simple explanation - when I was younger, I used to think the creaking in the attic at night was an intruder, until my mother told me that it was just a quirk of science.
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Isn't 3am supposed to be a common time for paranormal activity to occur? It definitely sounds like something is trying to get your attention! Good luck.
amkoreann (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
i am thinking a poltergeist stalks you, but I don't really know how you can get rid of that.

Maybe other viewers may know.

God bless.:D
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
I pray that what ever is bothering you and your family leaves. Thanks for sharing your story and God bless, 😁 4d
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Hmmm...hey!, I'm a mom... And I'm very neat 😜, but believe me, 20 bucks... I would be looking for that peeling thingy everywhere... 😊 as for the events... Have your mom thinking about having it blessed?, All the best. Claudia
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
i agree with Surya...
The cuts probably came from the missing peelers or it could have been what you said...
Well, you should ask a priest to bless your house or if you don't want to just do what KajiSage suggested...
By the way, for your little comments throughout the story, I still like stuffed animals too and my mom is SO not neat...
KajiSage (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
i agree with Surya. That is what came to mind. Did the peelers ever came back out of nowhere like the doll? And I haven't done this before, but maybe burning sage around the house could help. I haven't had the need to do it, but I have friends who have done it before. Try it and let us know what happened.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
The cuts on your finger, do they resemble anything like when you cut yourself peeling something. When you described the cuts, the first thing that came to mind was the peelers that have gone missing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: