You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Buxton Inn

Real Ghost Stories

The Buxton Inn

 

So I went to the Buxton Inn which is in Granville, Ohio. I went with my Mimi (mamaw,grama, etc.) It was a 2-3 hour drive. So to the story:

We went to the Buxton Inn, unpacked and went to CVS down the street to get a camera because the room we had was haunted (room 9). I was highly aware of that, but I didn't expect to see anything!

When we got back there was an imprint on the chair, as if someone was sitting there. So I took a picture of it. (Keep in mind this was almost 3 years ago and I was young) To this day the film has not been printed out. So most likely the pictures have faded. I was lying in bed and I heard a cat purring by my ear... This sort of freaked me out and I started to cry.

My Mimi assured me nothing was wrong and to make matters worse there was a HUGE mirror in front of my bed and a terrible storm outside. I was asleep during the storm though. So I didn't know there was a storm until the next morning.

One thing that I hated about that hotel was the tavern. I was there eating (they didn't have much to choose from so I had a P.B. & J sandwich) I had jelly on my cheek I didn't notice when out of nowhere my napkin lifted off table and landed in my lap! So that really freaked me out!

While I was standing in the, what I would call the lobby I looked up the stairs and saw a woman in a cornflour (ery) blue dress. It was sort of an old time early 1800's dress. She had powdery ash blonde hair up in a bun like the servants wore.

I hope you enjoyed my experience thanks

Intothdark

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, intothdark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
My pleasure intothedark. Some of this info I found on the internet... Other stuff I've just heard over the years.:)
intothdark (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
hi lisa66,
Thank you for taking the tim to post a comment. When I heard somethings I heard bonnie bounell was an actress (I think I may have been mistaken) 😊
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Hi all!
I live in Ohio, which is where the Buxton Inn is located. I haven't been there myself but here's a little info about it. The Inn was actually named after Major Horton Buxton. He ran the inn in the late 1800's. The cat in which intothedark was referring to has nothing to do with the name Buxton. It's said that one can hear a cat roaming the halls or even feeling a cat jump up onto a bed or chair. As for the woman in blue... I tend to believe this poster as there are rumors that a woman by the name of Bonnie Bounell, who was also an innkeeper at the Buxton and also passed away there, it's said her favorite color was blue. Of course some of this may just be "stories" to keep a steady clientele. From what I understand, rooms 7 & 9 are the two rooms where there's a lot of activity. Maybe I should go check it out myself since I'm so close and let you all know what I see! If anyone is interested in learning more about the Buxton Inn just google it.
Blondie95 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
It could be that because you were highly aware of the room being haunted as you said you could have been more cautious or aware. So the imprint in the chair... Could possibly be nothing, some chairs do have an imprint in the chair after you stand up until you repuff the cushion.
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Honstly I have done the bloody maru thing straight after watching supernatural and nothing happened I said it 3 times and nothing other than freaking myself out happened.

P.s if that sonded rud eit wasn't meant to.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Well, Intothdark, I'm a lot older than you and I only heard of Bloody Mary as a middle-aged woman, but I'll tell you frankly that, as old as I am, I STILL don't like to look in mirrors in the dark. I have never had any weird experiences with them, I just don't like to do that.

A cat purring? Well, since I have 5 in residence, that wouldn't be a very odd sound to me--in fact, I once had a cat that seemed to somehow know if I was stressed or upset, because he'd jump up and lie on my pillow and begin purring in my ear. I, of course would stroke him, he'd purr louder, and next thing I knew I was relaxed enough to sleep, no matter how much I felt weighing on me. Therefore, even a ghostly cat's purr probably wouldn't be a scary thing--at least not for me.

The napkin, though? Sorry. No explanation whatsoever for that. I'm assuming that the napkin was made of cloth, probably some heavy linen, which just doesn't lend itself to being blown across a table.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
wow that is creepy, but the fact that you took pictures isn't relevent unless you HAVE the pics lol. Thats ok. I just wanted to see them but yes this was very creepy. ❤ Jasmin
intothdark (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Oh the hotel room haunted thing. It was not an assumption. Staff and locals have told me about the haunting and is said to be haunted by Bonnie Bounell (an early actress) and her cat Major Buxton or General Buxton (I always get them mixed up but I think it was Major Buxton) 😆
intothdark (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Hobbyholly: 😊
Just to clear things up it was not a handprint it was a butt print (no sence? I know) but like as if someone had sat down and I had checked before we left and no it was not there. Oh and I have heard stories that it is haunted from staff. When we checked in my grandma asked and th woman told us some stuff and we went up to our room. The mirror thing: I know it is an urban ledgand but the thought of Bloody Mary always comes up. The storm (I just don't know). The purring I think was just in my head. The napkin could not have fallen meerly because it was in the middle of the table way to far to have fallen off and it slowly lifted off the table went over my lap and dropped. (some back up for that) There is said to be a ghost of a little boy in the tavern. The lady on the stairs was surely a ghost mostly because she was transparent and misty sort of. And when I look back she was not there. I will include some more details in my next story if it is allowed.
😉 😊
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
You may not like my comment... But here it goes:

Did you check into a room that the hotel staff/locals or legends CLAIM to be haunted? Or was this an assumption?

The hand print on the chair: Did you take a good look at the furniture before leaving for CVS? I mean... If the room had just been cleaned by room service, the hand imprint could have been left from the maid...

Why not just get the film developed? I mean... You did buy a camera after all... Seems like a waste not to just spend the $7 and get it developed.

I don't really understand the whole mirror and storm thing?

The purring in your ears... Could have been the hum of a/c or heat or other rooms. I've noticed that often I can hear the hum of say the ice machine if its near my room.

The napkin: are you sure it just didn't...fall off the table on to your lap? Or did it float up and off the table, then hover over your lap and fall? Did your grandmother see this?

The lady on the stairs... Could have been some lady... On the stairs. While her outfit would seem strange in this day, I mean... People wear weird crap.

Please don't take offense to my questions... Just trying to get a clear idea of what was happening
intothdark (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
❤ please comment I will give you a cookie! Haha just kidding but please comment thanks! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: