You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted House I Grew Up In

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House I Grew Up In

 

I was about 2 years old when my family bought our house. We needed it on the count as we had a big family. Not to long after we moved in. My older sister had a baby, my niece.

When she got older she started to talk to things. We all thought it was an imaginary friend, until she called him by name. I can't remember what his name was.

I do no that a little boy did died in the house along with an old man who only stayed in the kitchen.

My mom said she seen him a couple of times.

When I looked up the history I found out it was a boarding school for teachers and it was built back when the railroad came through.

I remember lying awake late one at night and hearing footsteps coming up the stairs and then early in the morning hearing them going down the stairs.

Also the lights would go on and off in the upstairs hallway. I know the first thing you are probably thinking is old house, bad wiring; the wiring was all new along with new switches.

My mom had an old rocking chair that she would keep blankets on cause if not it would rock on its own. The funny thing was the rocking chair was broken and there was no why it could move cause the leg of the chair always sat in the chair.

After I left I found out that the house used to have a stair case that went on the outside of the house and that one of the porches were added on.

Other hauntings by whitewolf1234321

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitewolf1234321, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

whitewolf1234321 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
no I don't live there any more I lived there until I turnd 18 then I moved out with my boyfreind at the time.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
Kinda interesting, guess the spirits that are present there don't mean any harm, they are just wandering through the rooms. But maybe the instances of the lights turning on and off could be to grab the attention of you people there.

Heyy you ended it abruptly, do you still live there and how many years have you been there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: