You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Hallway In My High School & The Little Blonde Haired Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Hallway In My High School & The Little Blonde Haired Girl

 

What I am about to tell you happened a few days before Christmas. But first let me give you a little background: I'm currently a freshman in high school. It's a pretty big school with tons of classrooms, a library and a huge gym! It's about 15 minutes from where I live, because I live in a neighborhood in the middle of the forest. I don't really know anything about the school except that it was built in 1957 and that the basement was used as a hospital during the Civil War.

So as I said before it was Friday, the last day of school before Christmas vacation. Every Friday me and my best friend Vanessa have guitar lessons. I didn't really feel like going because I had extra classes today and I was really tired. I decided I was going to call my dad so he could pick me up early but it was a little too late because our class was already starting. After the whole thing was over it was already 5p.m. (so it was already dark outside) and to make things worse there was a huge snow storm outside! I felt horrible and had a really bad headache, all I wanted to do was go home, take a shower and go upstairs to my room and read a book or something. It wasn't until I was packing my guitar that I realized I had lost my phone!

Me and Vanessa were walking through the huge, empty school. Vanessa was calling my number and I was telling myself how stupid I was. There was almost no chance of finding it! It was like looking for a needle in a haystack! We found the phone somehow, miraculously) in the cafeteria, 15 minutes later. After we found the phone we had to walk downstairs because the cafeteria was on the very last floor.

Most of the lights were turned off, so the whole school was dark, and creepy.

As we were walking down the stairs I had the feeling that someone was behind me or stalking me or something of the like. One time when I turned around I swear I saw a little blonde girl looking at me! I tried to convince myself that there was a mirror there and that it was only my reflection, but I have black hair (my parents' let me dye it last month) and what I saw had blonde, and it was almost as if the girl was glowing. We got really freaked out by this and ran down the stairs as fast as we could.

My dad worked late today so he couldn't pick me up. Thankfully, Vanessa's mom offered to drive me home (after all, we live across the street from each other). The snow was really falling down hard. Vanessa's mom dropped me off near the driveway. Normally, I'm not scared of the dark but the blonde girl creeped me out so much that I was running so fast that I didn't even bother to close the driveway gate all the way!

Once I was in my yard I felt safer, and I slowed down a little. I could hear my golden retrievers barking inside. Our blue mini van was in the garage and there was a silver Toyota parked in the driveway meaning that my grandma had already arrived from Syracuse. I looked up at the house and noticed that the lights were on in the upstairs hallway, in the kitchen, and I could also see Christmas lights and shadows in the living room, meaning that everyone was home.

After I took a shower, changed and ate dinner, I went upstairs to my bedroom and turned on my laptop. Downstairs I could hear my golden retrievers barking and then my mom and grandma talking. "I just don't get it!" I heard my mom say. "I know! Who would go for a walk in this kind of weather?" said a voice that sounded like my grandma's. I set my laptop down on my bed and looked out the window. All I could see was the forest around my house and the cars parked in the driveway. So I walked downstairs and asked them what they were talking about, but after a few seconds the answer was obvious: there, walking down the dark road in the snow was the little blonde girl I had seen earlier today...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blackrose149, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Well back in my school when we were second watch (uh sorry if I misspelled the words but I don't get some of them right 😕) ) starting at lunch and finishing at 6 or 7 pm well on mondays we finish at 7 pm because we have 7 classes. And the rest of the week is 6 pm. And while going downstairs alone of course no one up or down as far as I saw, I also felt someone following me but when I turned no one was there. Also there's a cafeteria near the stairway on the first floor where the exit it few steps away in the left of it in a tunnel-like hallway. When closed its always dark on that side and I was always seeing almost white but a little greyish shadows. BTW I think you should try connecting her trough Ouija if you like...

Best of Luck and God Bless!~~~ ❤
XxL4L0xX (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
whoaaa creepy yo. Well at least she wasn't evil though yu knoww 😉
Avera (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-22)
Sorry got the year wrong 1957 not 1959 did not want to seem like I did not read it right. LOL which is exactly what I did.
Avera (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-22)
I understand what she is trying to say here... I went to school in Va... And my school was originally downtown Petersburg, it was used in the Civil War as a hospital, the reason she says built in 1959 is because the building was probably re done, to fit the 1950's building code... So there for... Once it became a school the cornerstone on the side of the building or inside would state "Built in 1959... Our school's cornerstone said it was built in the year it was re done which was around the 1930's if I remember right. Of course we had to have a new high school built as the building became unsafe for students, the whole third floor caved in one weekend during the summer.
As for the girl she saw and her Mom and Grandmother... I think her Mom and Grandmother knew who the girl was and knew she was a ghost and that is why they were not too concerned. Good grief some of you are so cynical! Get over it already and read between the lines... Or do some research before you condemn someone's story!
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
Yeah, I agree talk to her she might have something to tell you. Judging by "she was glowing" then I do think that she is a lost soul.

Princess123 x ❤
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
You said that the little girl was walking around in the snow. Did the spirit appear aware of her surrounding, like did she look cold? Also was she wearing snow wear or something else entirely? Anyways it's too bad you never saw her again, she didn't seem like a bad ghost.
Rossimac (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
You said the school was built in 1957... No disrespect... But whether school or hospital... It can't have been built in 1957 if it was used during the Civil War. I agree with other posters... The welfare of the girl should have been checked. Police possibly should have been notified.
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
girlie: she looked about 6 or 7.
Tonith: as I said before, it wasn't a school! It was a hospital during the Civil War and then they turned it into a school.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
I'm not sure how a school built in 1957 could have anything to do with the Civil War unless it was built using an existing foundation from another building built during the Civil War. As far as the rest of it, seems like whatever you saw was seen by your mother and grandmother. If I saw a child walking in a snowstorm after dark in a secluded area I would be concerned that the kid was lost and would have called out to the kid to see if I could offer assistence. Something about this story just doesn't jive. Way too many holes in it.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
I think this site has changed a bit too much for me to enjoy. Time to move on to other things.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
I really agree with ilovearcher. Or maybe she though you looked nice. When I was little if I saw someone that looked nice I would like to hang around them.
Maybe that is why she followed you.
I also think you should look in the history for the school. There might have been a girl who died there.
Question: how old did she look. 6, 8, 10?
GIRLIE 😊
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
then maybe she know she would just frighten you. True to be told, ghost can get sceared too, so you may of sceared her. Haha
IfriendJinx (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
Half way through I was going to say it was a mymic of you when you were blonde, but like your's sounds whay better!
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
zoajet and ilovearcher: thanks for the comments on my story! ❤ To tell you the truth, I never really thought of talking to her. Infact, that was the first and last time I saw her... 😉
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
Poor thing, a spite that was killed in the school, she apeared to you wanted to talk. Give her time to speak, but, ask if she comes for the side of the sun or moon. Find out the history of the school, and if your ever wondering around the school and finds a area that seems to have a colder temp, sick feeling, or uneasy feeling at all, TELL ME. E-mail if any thing you want to ask me. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
that's weird.
It's obvious it's a spirit or just a lost little girl.
Next time you see her, talk to her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: