You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Voice in my Daughter's Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice in my Daughter's Room

 

I was going to sew in my daughter's bedroom where I had my sewing machine and to finish a dress I was making. Suddenly, as I walked in the room atmosphere changed. I felt like the inside a close closet where there is no air. I felt the air of the room was being sucked out. Then I heard a voice saying: "Hello", a male's voice. Just a plain "Hello". I just got so mad, because I didn't have time for this. I screamed "Get out of here!". Well, it did. The room kind of opened. Felt the air of the room. I continue with my sewing and never bothered.

But, sometimes when I went into that room, I smelled the smoke of tobacco. Awful! Then it disappeared. Here I knew, something wanted to bother me. Just to bother me. Who or what was it? Just some spirit wanting something to be entertaining. I asked the owner of this rented house if someone died in this house. She said her father. I asked her if he smoke. She said, "Yes, tobacco".

That did for me. I told my husband I wanted to move. Nothing happened in a few month and I was not waiting for it to happened. Then we finally moved.

Other hauntings by rose

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi, think it might have been that woman's father, but he didn't seem to want to hurt any of you, he might have just wanted to say Hi, and was probably wondering who you were and what you were doing there. 😊
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
I don't think the spirit wanted to bother you he just wanted someone to know he was still there, I know that if I was lost I would personaly want someone to know I was there. Well I don't think that moving was the right thing to do but I understand you were scared.

Katona1700s ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear rose,

I agree with naira and whitebufallo, maybe the ghost was just curious of who you were and I guess you hurt his feelings. You have nothing to fear, spirits at times are oblivious to the fact that they are even dead. Short story but well written.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Rose. While you felt that this entity was there just to bother you, I do not think that is the case. I think he was just letting you know that he was there and he was curious why you were too. Sometimes they do not know how to reach us. I really do not feel as if you had anything to fear there, but as you were uncomfortable with the whole thing, I am glad you got the opportunity to move out. Thank you for your story.
Naira (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Rose, I don't think the gentleman in that room wanted to bother you at all. I think you might have been a little bit rude in yelling "get out of here", but if it worked then good for you.
Blessed be.
Nai.
CHris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Rose if a ghost says hello than be nice but if its saying hello in a very evil voice well that's a different story anyways contact me or e-mail to talk about our encounters. Here's my e-mail adress
98046636 [at] hart.k12.ca.us bye
CHEYENNE (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-05)
YEAh its real I think so because I have encoutered one in our old hospital where my aunt was assigned...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: